The discovery thread!
May 15, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #9,752 of 102,991
Guys I'm looking for headphone extension cord, but needs to be thin like headphone cord. Something like the CKM500 extension but around 1m. Any ideas? 

May 15, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #9,753 of 102,991
What is the question?

Basso or Tenore lol :p

May 15, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #9,754 of 102,991
Quote:
Prices have dropped on quite a few items on Amazon Japan right now. Yen has fallen or is being kept low against other currencies, depending on what you read.

Either way, cheap Yen means big deals for us buying directly from Japan.
To bad I don't see anything I want right now or I have it already.

talking about amazon jp, this seems a good deal too. same drivers as the B2 and UE700 (and others) for under $100
http://www.amazon.co.jp/GREEN-HOUSE-%E3%83%90%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%E3%83%89%E3%83%BB%E3%82%A2%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9E%E3%83%81%E3%83%A5%E3%82%A2%E5%9E%8B-%E3%82%AB%E3%83%8A%E3%83%AB%E3%82%A4%E3%83%A4%E3%83%9B%E3%83%B3-GH-ERC-DMS/dp/B0050DXRAM/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1368645934&sr=8-9&keywords=GREEN+HOUSE

May 15, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #9,755 of 102,991
May 15, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #9,756 of 102,991
Yup, I found my portable headphones....

KOSS SportaPro Headphones,Convertible Over-The-Head or Behind-The-Head

They are essentially the Koss Portapro's (same drivers), but they only cost $20! No, they are not going to knocking my ws99's off their lofty pedestal, but they do sound ridiculously good. For $20, these should be in everyone's kits - they are definitely going to become my "grab and go out the door" headphones.

To learn a bit about them (and to get completely sold on them), watch this first couple minutes of this modding video. Here's a few pics:

May 15, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #9,757 of 102,991
Quote:
Yup, I found my portable headphones....

KOSS SportaPro Headphones,Convertible Over-The-Head or Behind-The-Head

They are essentially the Koss Portapro's (same drivers), but they only cost $20! No, they are not going to knocking my ws99's off their lofty pedestal, but they do sound ridiculously good. For $20, these should be in everyone's kits - they are definitely going to become my "grab and go out the door" headphones.

To learn a bit about them (and to get completely sold on them), watch this first couple minutes of this modding video. Here's a few pics:

You have the KSC75.... most people prefered the KSC75 over the KSC35 drivers (portapro/sportapro).

interesting.

May 15, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #9,758 of 102,991
I haven't done any ab'ing with the 75's yet, but will do so after some burn in. The sportapros are much bassier. I'll probably do the mods in that link to make them all that they can be (including taming the bass a bit), but I am enjoying them a lot as they are. The headband is good too. My 75's are on the parts express headband which is pretty frail.

If I do end up preferring the 75's, then I'll put the drivers on the sportapro headband. I'm covered :)

May 15, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #9,759 of 102,991
Before getting nutty with this headphone stuff, I only used headphones for biking , and my headphone of choice was the portapro (not recommending riding in traffic with headphones, kiddies, though I did find I could always hear everything I needed to around me with the Portapros, approaching cars, etc). At one point I had to replace them (didn't know about the lifetime guarantee), and decided to save a few bucks and bought the Sportapro. I believe they are the same driver, but they didn't sound the same to me. I much preferred the Portapro-it had a more focused, solid bass, rhythm was more solid as well, and I wound up ditching them for Portapros in the end. Don't know about the mods, though, maybe that changes everything...

May 15, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #9,760 of 102,991
For anyone interested, the audio-technica ATH-CKS77X can be had at CD/jAPAN for a cheaper price than Amazon Japan/Tenso - total with EMS shipping - $78.59.

Quote:
Dsnuts:

... I wouldn't be surprised if the CKS77X is better than the CKS99. ...

Info on the CKS77X can be found here (use google translate)New mechanism extra chamber mechanism that gives off a deep bass with a sharp increase the large density and acoustic volume.

[font= 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro']
  1. 2 post position to achieve both excellent fit and high sound insulation.
  2. I adopt the cutting solid aluminum body of high purity to suppress unwanted resonance.
  3. In addition to clever precision press working, middle and high frequency reproduction and clear strength of magnetic force drivers CKS77X dedicated to improve the magnetic flux density of the magnet.
  4. Ideal for portable equipment with L-type plug with high elastic elastomer sheath 1.2m code.
  5. It is attached with a two-tone earpiece / convenient pouch of 4 size to match the body color.
[/font]

size]
[/font]

size]

[tr] [td] Model[/td] [td] Dynamic[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td] Driver[/td] [td] φ12.5mm[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td] Output sound pressure level[/td] [td] 106dB/mW[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td] Play frequency band[/td] [td] 5 ~ 25,000 Hz[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td] Maximum input[/td] [td] 100mW[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td] Impedance[/td] [td] 16Ω[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td] I mass (except code)[/td] [td] About 7g[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td] Plug[/td] [td] φ3.5mm gold-plated stereo mini (L-type)[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td] Code[/td] [td] 1.2m (Y type)[/td] [/tr]

Accessories: earpiece (XS, S, M, L), porch 
 Optional: Replacement earpiece ER-CK50XS, S, M, L

[/font]

[size=small]New mechanism extra chamber mechanism that gives off a deep bass with a sharp increase the large density and acoustic volume. 2 post position to achieve both excellent fit and high sound insulation. I adopt the cutting solid aluminum body of high purity to suppress unwanted resonance. In addition to clever precision press working, middle and high frequency reproduction and clear strength of magnetic force drivers CKS77X dedicated to improve the magnetic flux density of the magnet. Ideal for portable equipment with L-type plug with high elastic elastomer sheath 1.2m code. It is attached with a two-tone earpiece / convenient pouch of 4 size to match the body color. ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: Earpiece (XS, S, M, L), Pouch.[/size]

May 16, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #9,761 of 102,991
Quote:
Before getting nutty with this headphone stuff, I only used headphones for biking , and my headphone of choice was the portapro (not recommending riding in traffic with headphones, kiddies, though I did find I could always hear everything I needed to around me with the Portapros, approaching cars, etc). At one point I had to replace them (didn't know about the lifetime guarantee), and decided to save a few bucks and bought the Sportapro. I believe they are the same driver, but they didn't sound the same to me. I much preferred the Portapro-it had a more focused, solid bass, rhythm was more solid as well, and I wound up ditching them for Portapros in the end. Don't know about the mods, though, maybe that changes everything...

Yes, they are the same drivers. The dude in the video (at around the 1:50 mark) explains that the cups holding the driver are not the best acoustically, and he goes on to show how to drill holes in them to open them up etc. They look like fun and easy mods actually.

May 16, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #9,763 of 102,991
re: 

[size=1.7em] GREEN HOUSE 高音質 デュアル バランスド・アーマチュア型 カナルイヤホン ブラック GH-ERC-DMS[/size]

Quote:

That one does look good, from what I could tell from Google translate, [size=small]dual BA done cheaply, with cheap plastic housing,  but with really good sound that tends to be better at the high end and either bass light or bass perfect depending on the reviewer. [/size]

From reviews :
[size=small]The sound is coming out of the bass very rare for a BA type.[/size]

[size=small]Resolution of the midrange is high (¯ Д ¯) and is was surprised to have a listen for the time being [/size][size=small]I think people have not used only dynamic type of low-priced until now and be amazed! [/size][size=small]The bass is not so much 'д `; [/size][size=small]It is not recommended for people who like bass coming Zudonzudon. [/size][size=small]You think that it is very fit to the tune of male vocal high voice and female vocals ^ _ ^[/size]

[size=small]and the not so great:[/size]
[size=small]It is a canal type, but it is not good to take the eye of a needle. [/size][size=small]It will good earpiece are exchanged. [/size][size=small]Make a "ticking" sound when hit with the tip of a finger, the cheesy plastic housing. [/size][size=small]Driver is apparently using the good parts, but housing that is easy to convey the vibration is not good. [/size][size=small]Balance of parts, poor assembly has diminished the value of the merchandise. [/size][size=small]Waste. [/size][size=small]When you are seated, it was not felt in the earphones up to now, the placement of the instrument is visible? [/size][size=small]You can. [/size][size=small]You let me hear sound image that I did well, high-resolution, sound dense. [/size][size=small]Is it a characteristic of dual-balanced armature driver this is, or whether only the characteristic of this product, I do not know for me amateur. [/size][size=small]And vibration suppression of the housing replacement and earpiece, room to tweak a lot is left. [/size][size=small]I think what on whether take this, evaluation of the product will change things. [/size][size=small](2013.3.10 added) [/size][size=small]I have been using a replacement to the noise isolation of Sony earbuds, but the size of the earpiece or was a little bigger with time change, one side of the earpiece I have come off. [/size][size=small]Earwax because Ease enters the conduit, you can look at the situation for a while by changing the Tx100 of compl[/size]

May 16, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #9,764 of 102,991
Quote:

Talk to me when you get them bassos or shut it!!!
tongue.gif

Quote:

Sf, you are on the ball! Should be here next week. Tomorrow though is a big day: sportapro day!

See that Sfw ?    ...Waynes boi getting them next week,  ...and my should arrive shortly after!

....What'cha waiting for, Fool !
wink_face.gif
   ...the Nutman has given them carbo basso his Gold'en Nuts award aredi !    ....There's no "IF", there is only a question of "When" !
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #9,765 of 102,991
Quote:

See that Sfw ?    ...Waynes boi getting them next week,  ...and my should arrive shortly after!

....What'cha waiting for, Fool !
wink_face.gif
   ...the Nutman has given them carbo basso his Gold'en Nuts award aredi !    ....There's no "IF", there is only a question of "When" !
biggrin.gif

^ Oh you mean Ds nuts???
bigsmile_face.gif

... you know me i always like to lurk it out. Plus since everyone is getting those zero audios it makes it mo' interesting if i try something else that might have crazy potential as well. So for now i am waiting it out, but eventually i might get them. Right now i am enjoying my FXZ200s too much, and i have traded/sold off my CKN70s already cuz the nutmans crazy well burned in set of JVC FX40s sounds pretty close to the 70s sound signature wise. Not there in overall refinement but it's pretty damn close if you ask me. Just goes to show you how amazing the FX40s really are.  An oldie but a goodie, so i will be listening to them if i feel that i really miss those CKN70s. :)

But for now i am on lurk mode till the iem i am getting comes back in stock........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back