The discovery thread!
May 14, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #9,721 of 106,600
Quote:
DS has cult leader like status with some of our members here. It's like he says jump and they demand how high.
wink.gif

deadhorse.gif

rolleyes.gif

May 14, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #9,722 of 106,600
The CKS1000 is down to $144 USD on Amazon.jpn. I would jump on it at that price if I was you! I'm just saying. It will probably hit about $165 - $170 USD when shipping is included. Still a great price!

May 14, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #9,723 of 106,600
Prices have dropped on quite a few items on Amazon Japan right now. Yen has fallen or is being kept low against other currencies, depending on what you read.

Either way, cheap Yen means big deals for us buying directly from Japan.
To bad I don't see anything I want right now or I have it already.

May 14, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #9,724 of 106,600
Quote:
Prices have dropped on quite a few items on Amazon Japan right now. Yen has fallen or is being kept low against other currencies, depending on what you read.

Either way, cheap Yen means big deals for us buying directly from Japan.
To bad I don't see anything I want right now or I have it already.

Yup. AD900X is $132 US, which works out to $172 with $40 tenso shipping. Amazing deal.

And the CKS1000 is $141 US, which works out to $161 with $20 tenso shipping. Another amazing deal.

I'm sure there are lots of others out there!

Edit: I see that Eric beat me to that cks1000 punch lol!

May 14, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #9,725 of 106,600
Amazon has the COR150 for $20 and CLR100 for $15.

I finally caught up in this thread.  I currently have the Monoprice 8323 and am looking for an upgrade for about $50.  Seems like the JVC HA-S500 is the one to get?  I haven't heard much about the Somic EFI82-MT not Takstar HI-2050 recently so can I assume that the HA-S500 is the best for $50 or less?

I know I'm comparing on-ear to IEM, but do the HA-S500 or DX210 sound better overall?

May 14, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #9,726 of 106,600
Quote:
I have about 5hrs on my corecool v2,but I can already hear better treble response comming out now and the bass is just to die for
smily_headphones1.gif
, midrange is awesomes and soundstage is awesome as well . Get them while you can cause I can say for sure they will be epic with more burn in and for the cor150 impressions comming tomorrow
smily_headphones1.gif

5 hours! That's it!! What have you been doing all this time?
tongue.gif

May 14, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #9,727 of 106,600
Got a present from the UPS man this morning, straight from Audio Technica.

The WS77 headphones.

Previously, I owned the WS55 and reviewed them but ended up selling them because they weren't my cup of tea. They were a bit too midbass happy, the mids were recessed and they sounded sibilant at times. Not bad, but not worth keeping, in my view.

First impressions of the WS77? These are what I was expecting from the WS55! Strong but controlled bass, a well appointed (maybe slightly recessed but not annoyingly so) midrange and forward but not strident treble. There's a tiny bit of that Audio-Technica sibilance I've come to expect but it's nowhere near as fatiguing as the WS55 could get.

So much better than the WS55 already. Very impressed with these. Full review to come soon!

May 14, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #9,728 of 106,600
Amazon has the COR150 for $20 and 
CLR100 for $15.

I finally caught up in this thread.  I currently have the Monoprice 8323 and am looking for an upgrade for about $50.  Seems like the JVC HA-S500 is the one to get?  I haven't heard much about the Somic EFI82-MT not Takstar HI-2050 recently so can I assume that the HA-S500 is the best for $50 or less?

I know I'm comparing on-ear to IEM, but do the HA-S500 or DX210 sound better overall?

Haven't heard either S500 nor EFI but I still use my HI-2050 as a portable. Comfy and the signature is really close to the DT880s. My go to cheapy for over-ears.

May 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #9,729 of 106,600
So the cor150 are gr07 style wearing and for sound amazingly clear for audio technica which I didn't like before. Bass end is thight with a nice punch , vocals are clear and a little bit far sounding and treble are much better then I expected and soundstage is nice. That's all for now , but I can say I like them more then the cks77 that I had but they are not better then my corecool v2: D

May 14, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #9,730 of 106,600
My clip zip's newest best friend!:

Since getting into geko's and ektoplazm's awesome trance, my 32G card wasn't cutting the grade anymore! Took a bit of work to get it formatted to fat32 properly such that my rockboxed clip zip would recognize it, but it's working well now :)

May 14, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #9,731 of 106,600
I have one of those too!

Couldn't live without it to be honest. 64gb on something that small is immense.

May 14, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #9,732 of 106,600
Quote:
I have one of those too!

Couldn't live without it to be honest. 64gb on something that small is immense.

There's the culprit himself! Yeah, the 32G card was forcing me to spend too much time deciding on what tunes should go onto it, and I was getting annoyed. I still have to do that a bit with the 64G card, but at least I know I have the bulk of the music I like on it! Now, if only those 128G cards were cheaper! (not that I'm sure that the rockboxed clip zip could handle them).

May 14, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #9,733 of 106,600
There's the culprit himself! Yeah, the 32G card was forcing me to spend too much time deciding on what tunes should go onto it, and I was getting annoyed. I still have to do that a bit with the 64G card, but at least I know I have the bulk of the music I like on it! Now, if only those 128G cards were cheaper! (not that I'm sure that the rockboxed clip zip could handle them).

Haha I'm always around. :p

As far as I know not many devices at all can handle 128gb cards at the moment.

Not even top of the range android devices. Hopefully this changes soon!

I've overcome the problem of limited space by having a 120gb iPod as a DAP. Obviously I don't get the best sound but still I'd rather have enough space for all my mixes lol

May 14, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #9,734 of 106,600
Quote:
Got a present from the UPS man this morning, straight from Audio Technica.

The WS77 headphones.

Previously, I owned the WS55 and reviewed them but ended up selling them because they weren't my cup of tea. They were a bit too midbass happy, the mids were recessed and they sounded sibilant at times. Not bad, but not worth keeping, in my view.

First impressions of the WS77? These are what I was expecting from the WS55! Strong but controlled bass, a well appointed (maybe slightly recessed but not annoyingly so) midrange and forward but not strident treble. There's a tiny bit of that Audio-Technica sibilance I've come to expect but it's nowhere near as fatiguing as the WS55 could get.

So much better than the WS55 already. Very impressed with these. Full review to come soon!

Love the Solid bass series of phones by AT.. Bass phones done right..

I know stuff out of Japan right now is crazy cheap..I read that Japan is trying to garner more world revenue because of Cheaper goods out of China and Korea. In any case that is certainly great news for us. There are amp dacs on Amazon Japan that sells for way more else where that sells for $200 cheaper and such. If you really pick the Amazon Japan site there are more than just headphones that can be had for cheaper..

May 14, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #9,735 of 106,600
Quote:
Haha I'm always around.
tongue.gif

As far as I know not many devices at all can handle 128gb cards at the moment.

Not even top of the range android devices. Hopefully this changes soon!

I've overcome the problem of limited space by having a 120gb iPod as a DAP. Obviously I don't get the best sound but still I'd rather have enough space for all my mixes lol

Damn. I wish you lived near my neck of the woods so that you could listen to your trance with the CKS1000's. Beautiful man, just beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back