The discovery thread!
May 13, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #9,706 of 106,698
Quote:
yes. I think they are worth getting for certain. They stand clearly on their own.. I like them better than my XB90 and equal my FXZ200 in sonic enjoyment easily..The great news is they don't cost so much to own. Anyone that is into their musical sounding earphones should get a pair for their collection.. You can get the DX210s and sell off one of your bass earphones the XB90 or the FXZ200 and probably come out on top to save for your next purchase.. Do you absolutely need them? Not really but they are excellent in so many ways.. I have a weakness for properly balanced bass earphones with great solid detail..I had no idea how the DX210s was gonna be..

Whoa. I see a Master Troll badgering you in your future lol!

Personally, I'm looking forward to them
smile.gif

May 13, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #9,707 of 106,698
Quote:
OK, confession time:
1. I now believe in burn in. No question that the sound of these has changed a lot after about 150 hours of burn in. No more bass bloat or piercing highs. Just wonderful music.
2. This is the best pair of IEM's I've ever heard.
Thanks to all of you that recommended/found these
beerchug.gif

This really is a great thread!

150hrs is just starting them to warm up !!!

Bro, keep them on the burn whenever you're not listening to them and report back when they've reached at least 500hrs of burn.

May 13, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #9,708 of 106,698
Quote:
yes. I think they are worth getting for certain. They stand clearly on their own.. I like them better than my XB90 and equal my FXZ200 in sonic enjoyment easily..The great news is they don't cost so much to own. Anyone that is into their musical sounding earphones should get a pair for their collection.. You can get the DX210s and sell off one of your bass earphones the XB90 or the FXZ200 and probably come out on top to save for your next purchase.. Do you absolutely need them? Not really but they are excellent in so many ways.. I have a weakness for properly balanced bass earphones with great solid detail..I had no idea how the DX210s was gonna be..

I passed them up several times when purchasing stuff out of Amazon Japan. Something about their sound description just jived with me..Absolute bargain of an earphone..Next time your gonna order something out of Japan you can throw these in there as well and know your getting an excellent earphone.. 

^ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
triportsad.gif
  Ds WHERE IS DA' LOVE??? LoL You ain't making this easy on me at all. : P

Are you overtly telling me to sell my FXZ200s if so, NO!!! I think you should add the CKS1Ks in that sell off lineup as well just to be fair. YOU HEAR THAT WAYNE.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Whoa. I see a Master Troll badgering you in your future lol!

Personally, I'm looking forward to them
smile.gif

Nah i am just gonna badger on you!!!
biggrin.gif
Cuz Ds didn't hype those poorly graphed CKS1Ks like it was the 2nd coming of Christ like you did.
Quote:

Bro, keep them on the burn whenever you're not listening to them and report back when they've reached at least 500hrs of burn.

Here you go with that burn-in mumble jumble.
deadhorse.gif

Thanks for that advice btw.
beerchug.gif

May 13, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #9,709 of 106,698
My buddy is looking for IEMs and his budget is $50. I was thinking about telling him just to get the COR150s or the FX40s. He listens to metal and older rap music.  He likes his music loud so the MH1Cs are out of the question. I'm thinking the Carbo Bassos might be his best bet, but I don't know if he wants to go through the trouble of Tenso. What do you guys think?

May 13, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #9,710 of 106,698
I have about 5hrs on my corecool v2,but I can already hear better treble response comming out now and the bass is just to die for :), midrange is awesomes and soundstage is awesome as well . Get them while you can cause I can say for sure they will be epic with more burn in and for the cor150 impressions comming tomorrow :)

May 13, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #9,711 of 106,698
Quote:
I have about 5hrs on my corecool v2,but I can already hear better treble response comming out now and the bass is just to die for
smily_headphones1.gif
, midrange is awesomes and soundstage is awesome as well . Get them while you can cause I can say for sure they will be epic with more burn in and for the cor150 impressions comming tomorrow
smily_headphones1.gif

^ nuff said.
deadhorse.gif

T_T thought you were on vaca chill, stop taunting me with those v2s already!!!

May 14, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #9,712 of 106,698
Quote:
^ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
triportsad.gif
  Ds WHERE IS DA' LOVE??? LoL You ain't making this easy on me at all. : P

Are you overtly telling me to sell my FXZ200s if so, NO!!! I think you should add the CKS1Ks in that sell off lineup as well just to be fair. YOU HEAR THAT WAYNE.
tongue.gif

Nah i am just gonna badger on you!!!
biggrin.gif
Cuz Ds didn't hype those poorly graphed CKS1Ks like it was the 2nd coming of Christ like you did.

Yeah, dsnuts pretty much thinks they suck lol...

Quote:
Just so you know ericp. The WS99 has very similar sound characteristics to the CKS1000..The CKS1000 actually has the more mature audiophile tilt to the sound qualities while the WS99 has more of a funner tilt to them being that they actually have the bigger bass over the CKS1000. Otherwise the smooth deep finely balanced sound is on both phones.

Quote:
Agreed. To answer your question Alberto about what genres both does. They both are very versatile sounding earphones the presentation of the FXZ200 does have a sub woofer involved but with much burn in has the best quality bass I have heard in an iem. The CKS1000 does not lack in this department but the strength of the CKS1000 is their mids and the overall smooth warm presentation that is very engaging.

The FXZ200 requires more power than the CKS1000 so you have to take that into consideration..I would do bass heavy genres more so on the FXZ200 and more vocals and instruments on the CKS1000.  Both sounds excellent enough on all genres of music but the strength of the earphones does certain genres better over the other. Both can do all genres of music. One excels more in the bass department being the FXZ200 and the other in the overall presentation being a nice high end smooth and warm sounding which is the CKS1000.

The CKS1000 is like a stupid highly refined version of the CKS77 with lesser mid bass and overall smoother higher resolution in the sounds. I don't think either is a bad choice..I do admit that I listen to my CKS1000 more so now a days but my FXZ200 is truly an enjoyable earphone none the less.

You know what is a shame ericp? I think many guys will overlook the CKS1000 because people will think they are "Solid Bass" with some balance..You hear them. You know they are much more than that.

Quote:
Been listening to the XBA-3, CKN70 and the CKS1000.
<snip>
Fans of the tight closely knit defined music will find lots to like from the previous 2. The CKS1000 is simply a different earphone in a different realm. It uses some technology that is relatively new, cutting edge.. ( Dual air chambers)
I am sold on this technology ever since I bought my CKS77 but I don't feel the resolution in the drivers or the tuning on them was the best AT could do.. The CKS1000 on the other hand. It is a masterwork of many different engineering aspects that make them one of a kind type of earphone.. The XB90EX has some crazy deep mids but definition wise it could use some tightening. The CKS1000 addresses these issue with previous bass earphones.. These are bass earphones for the audiophile and for guys that like the bigger picture in their music.

What I mean by this. These CKS earphones actually project a bigger sound than the drivers emit using their filter filaments but the problem in doing this actually blots out definition of the sound. But not so on the CKS1000.  Definition is not only there but also gives an amount of depth on your tracks you can actually see with your hearing eye. It is the difference of enjoying a delux cheeseburger with 3 patties vs having just one with cheese.  Coloration? Sure but it is the type people enjoy and not the type that people don't. .What is it about your music do you enjoy so much? Is it the bass? Is it the emotion of the vocal track that reaches your soul? Is it the string instruments that stirs your memories of an important moment of your life?  The CKS1000 throws that emotion stirs that memory and then add to that the depth and resolution of the tune in their full glory..

Wow. After reading that, I think I'll buy another pair!
tongue.gif

May 14, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #9,713 of 106,698
Quote:

Yeah, dsnuts pretty much thinks they suck lol...

Wow. After reading that, I think I'll buy another pair!
tongue.gif

^ Like i have been saying Ds is losing it.
biggrin.gif

But..... but......................he was the one that told me that the FXZ200s was gonna blow my mind!!!
tongue.gif

Another pair great, then you can loan your dirty lil' 1st pair to me. I dare ya'!!! I don't mind getting a bit grimey with it.
ksc75smile.gif

*** inserts "Do It" gif ***

May 14, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #9,714 of 106,698
Quote:
^ Like i have been saying Ds is losing it.
biggrin.gif

But..... but......................he was the one that told me that the FXZ200s was gonna blow my mind!!!
tongue.gif

Yup. The hype machine is always on the move!

Quote:

Another pair great, then you can loan your dirty lil' 1st pair to me. I dare ya'!!! I don't mind getting a bit grimey with it.
ksc75smile.gif

*** inserts "Do It" gif ***

I'll be sure to fire them off to you once I get that 2nd pair. In the meantime, I've got a spare set of mt300's.....
tongue.gif

May 14, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #9,715 of 106,698
My buddy is looking for IEMs and his budget is $50. I was thinking about telling him just to get the COR150s or the FX40s. He listens to metal and older rap music.  He likes his music loud so the MH1Cs are out of the question. I'm thinking the Carbo Bassos might be his best bet, but I don't know if he wants to go through the trouble of Tenso. What do you guys think?

Don't have to use Tenso.

Just buy them off eBay. :wink:

May 14, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #9,716 of 106,698
Out of those two, I would recommend the cor150's. The fs40's are pretty bright imo.

May 14, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #9,718 of 106,698
Quote:

Thanks for the tip. They're still on burn in 24/7.

May 14, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #9,719 of 106,698
Quote:

I passed them up several times when purchasing stuff out of Amazon Japan. Something about their sound description just jived with me..Absolute bargain of an earphone..Next time your gonna order something out of Japan you can throw these in there as well and know your getting an excellent earphone.. 

THANK YOU

Users who are viewing this thread

Back