The discovery thread!
May 16, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #9,766 of 106,600
Forgot to say keep us posted when you get those bassos Ghost, would love to hear your take on it.

And go try this album out with those FXZ200s of yours Ghost. It will blow your minds despite it only being 192kbps it is crazy well mastered. It's some funky crazy sounding Sh!T but it's soooo addictive. Simo is GOD!!! LoL

http://purplemtl.blogspot.ca/2011/10/simo-mood-schula.html

Hey Danny go relisten to it with those 200s, cuz it will make you wanna keep them for good. haha

Enjoy ya'll!!!

May 16, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #9,767 of 106,600
Fx40's? The man likes his treble piping hot! No wonder the mt300's didn't quite work for you lol! :p

May 16, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #9,768 of 106,600
Quote:
Fx40's? The man likes his treble piping hot! No wonder the mt300's didn't quite work for you lol!
tongue.gif

haha there are still a tiny bit bright with some harshness/ sibilance here and there but Ds set of FX40s has been so well burned in that they are pretty smooth tbh. Those MTs were just horrid no matter the price point. They had like no treble and ALL BASS.
bigsmile_face.gif

Like i posted in my initial impressions, the CKN70s are a direct and total upgrade to the FX40s even sound signature wise to me. They just sound so similar even in their bright treble. My CKN70s is pretty smooth after all the burn in i have put them through but i can see how Danny and others still think they can be sibilant/ with some peakiness cuz they do require more than 500hrs to tame the treble. But once you beat the crap outta' them they are indeed liquid smooth. Really easy and fun to listen to but their sound siggy just wasn't THAT special to me so they had to go.

May 16, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #9,769 of 106,600
Quote:
haha there are still a tiny bit bright with some harshness/ sibilance here and there but Ds set of FX40s has been so well burned in that they are pretty smooth tbh. Those MTs were just horrid no matter the price point. They had like no treble and ALL BASS.
bigsmile_face.gif

Like i posted in my initial impressions, the CKN70s are a direct and total upgrade to the FX40s even sound signature wise to me. They just sound so similar even in their bright treble. My CKN70s is pretty smooth after all the burn in i have put them through but i can see how Danny and others still think they can be sibilant/ with some peakiness cuz they do require more than 500hrs to tame the treble. But once you beat the crap outta' them they are indeed liquid smooth. Really easy and fun to listen to but their sound siggy just wasn't THAT special to me so they had to go.

Obviously you are hearing impaired and have a hard time hearing treble, and obviously you are a complete wimp when it comes to bass!

May 16, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #9,770 of 106,600
Quote:

Obviously you are hearing impaired and have a hard time hearing treble, and obviously you are a complete wimp when it comes to bass!

^ ahahahaha you got me, i am a closeted bass sissy. The cat is outta the bag now. :  (

i am a secret treble-head.
basshead.gif

.... don't hurt me you big bad bass bully.
tongue.gif

May 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #9,773 of 106,600
nooooooo.  Mail lady strikes again!

I have to wait till tomorrow to get the Cor150, KSC75's and S500.

Dayam you!!!!!

May 16, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #9,775 of 106,600
My Carbo Basso's shipped :D Not sure what tips would suit these (Any advice / eBay UK links welcome). Now to find some comfortable closed circumaural headphones for use at home :)

Brainwavz HM5 for the circumaural headphones mate. :wink:

May 16, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #9,776 of 106,600
Quote:
My Carbo Basso's shipped :D Not sure what tips would suit these (Any advice / eBay UK links welcome). Now to find some comfortable closed circumaural headphones for use at home :)

Brainwavz HM5 for the circumaural headphones mate.
wink.gif
wink.gif

May 16, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #9,777 of 106,600
Quote:
My Carbo Basso's shipped :D Not sure what tips would suit these (Any advice / eBay UK links welcome). 

Originally Posted by d marc0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I've left the DX210s burning for 10 hours and I didn't notice any difference so far...
I changed the tips from the Meelec double flange to the Philips 3590 medium stock tips and the highs are now more forward.
They now sound more detailed compared to the Zero Audio stock tips and Meelec double flange tips.
So for those who want a more open sound from the Carbo Basso, use wide bore single flange tips.
I'm guessing the Auvio tips will have the same result as the Philips stock tips.

May 16, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #9,778 of 106,600
Quote:
I'm guessing the Auvio tips will have the same result as the Philips stock tips.

My basso's will hopefully be here tomorrow, and I just so happen to have a few Auvio tips lurking about (thanks to a guy with the initials DannyBai), so I think I'm set!

May 16, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #9,779 of 106,600
Quote:

My basso's will hopefully be here tomorrow, and I just so happen to have a few Auvio tips lurking about (thanks to a guy with the initials DannyBai), so I think I'm set!

'looking forward to your first impressions Wayne...

May 17, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #9,780 of 106,600
Quote:
So I've left the DX210s burning for 10 hours and I didn't notice any difference so far...
I changed the tips from the Meelec double flange to the Philips 3590 medium stock tips and the highs are now more forward.

How many tips come with those Philips? At $8 and free shipping on ebay, it may be worth getting them just for the extra tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back