The discovery thread!
Sep 13, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #43,786 of 100,670
Finder X1s for that price is decent. They are more neutrally tuned. Colder than warm in tonality. Lacks body and fullness of sound. Good amount of definition. They would be solid beaters for the price but considering all the advancements in sound now a days at even the $25 price point. Finder X1s aren't gonna wow anybody. That is unless you like your sound reference thin and analytical. They will most certainly be better built than any $25 phone that is for certain.

Not to argue, but I had a much different experience. While I agree the mids & highs could sound a bit metallic with the wrong tips, I found the low end to be fairly warm and well extended. I didn't find them to be thin at all (when I hear 'thin' I think of the RE600 or something).

If you like a U-shape signature, they're not a bad choice at $25 IMO. :ksc75smile:

Sep 13, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #43,787 of 100,670
I agree they are certainly a good choice for the price but guys that like their mids more foward and treble a bit relaxed are not gonna be a fan. Bass I did like however. I gave my pair to my son who uses them on his laptop.;

They are built like a tank. Got thrown in the washer but survived. Lol. Still sounds good after.

Sep 13, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #43,788 of 100,670
For some reason, these are calling my name...

The Cupid are excellent - my current pick for best "bang for buck" IEM I've heard in the mid fi price bracket. Beautiful and engaging sound.

Sep 13, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #43,789 of 100,670
Been listening to the KBear Hi7 since last night. Not bad earphone but not great either. Thus far it does sound like numerous BAs in the design. But lacks musicality due to the bass being average at best. A more clinical side of sound vs musical. This is mostly out of the box listening so we will see. I dont expect the sound to change much.

I got used to that carbon nanotube bass on the NX7 and while the Hi7 bass is there it lacks the texture and sub bass is not as good as the NX7. Bass sounds very average and lacks some impact and presence and speed not as good here. The mids sound good on the Ni7 but a bit on the thin/ dry side. Stage is average here as well. I dont see how these are an upgrade on the NX7. Sound balancing is similar to the NX7 but actually lacks in a few things vs the cheaper NX7 espcially in the bass area.

I haven't touched the stock tips or cables and went for one of my balanced cables. If the NX7 didnt exist I am sure these would garner more favor but it is essentially NX7 tuning in a different housing with added BAs taking over the Piezoelectric upper highs. Not bad for the price but since the NX7 came before these. Nothing new here either. I do like the build on them but again nothing special here. I will post more about them as they get the treatment but for now they are just OK.
Thanks.....you've also saved me some bucks!....might pull the Blon trigger instead! Haha! :)

Sep 13, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #43,790 of 100,670
Been listening to the KBear Hi7 since last night. Not bad earphone but not great either. Thus far it does sound like numerous BAs in the design. But lacks musicality due to the bass being average at best. A more clinical side of sound vs musical. This is mostly out of the box listening so we will see. I dont expect the sound to change much.

I got used to that carbon nanotube bass on the NX7 and while the Hi7 bass is there it lacks the texture and sub bass is not as good as the NX7. Bass sounds very average and lacks some impact and presence and speed not as good here. The mids sound good on the Ni7 but a bit on the thin/ dry side. Stage is average here as well. I dont see how these are an upgrade on the NX7. Sound balancing is similar to the NX7 but actually lacks in a few things vs the cheaper NX7 espcially in the bass area.

I haven't touched the stock tips or cables and went for one of my balanced cables. If the NX7 didnt exist I am sure these would garner more favor but it is essentially NX7 tuning in a different housing with added BAs taking over the Piezoelectric upper highs. Not bad for the price but since the NX7 came before these. Nothing new here either. I do like the build on them but again nothing special here. I will post more about them as they get the treatment but for now they are just OK.

I'm sorry but I'll have to disagree with you on this.

To my ears the subbass on the NX7 goes slightly deeper but is also more wooly sounding compared to the Hi7. The Hi7 is fuller sounding (and much more natural) from the lower midrange and all the way up to the highest notes. Vocals (both male and female) has more weight and again more natural. The Hi7 does never sound splashy or tizzy to me in the way that the NX7 does. They can both sound a bit unnatural at times though, the NX7 more so.

Ideally I'd also change the bass on the Hi7 to that of the NX7, that being said neither of them has great subbass extension imo. For the rest of the spectrum the Hi7 is clearly superior to me.

It took me a week to find a pair of tips that made them fit in my ears without blocking the vent though. It wasn't until I found the Final Audio E tips and moved up 1-2 sizes from what I normally use that they worked for me (with a shallow fit). Before that I also found them anemic and thin sounding. The placement of the vent is definitely their biggest flaw to me. Not only does it make it very difficult to get the best out of them but it does also mean that they can't sit perfectly flush in my ears (pushing them further in blocks the vent and again ruin the sound) which makes them feel a bit awkward. Not uncomfortable but unusual. Comfort and especially fit is definitely better for me on the NX7.

I'm not saying that you're wrong in what you say but I wanted to share my experience as well since it's so different from yours.

Sep 13, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #43,791 of 100,670
Thank you so much for this honest impressions about Hi7. They were on my curiousity list but i was scrap them because that many vents turned out to be fake vents. And your honest impressions tell me that they are just a good iem, but nothing special and for me as bass lover (not quantity but quality) definitely is a no go. Save me quite a lot bucks.

Fwiw I just shared my opinion as well, it's probably dishonest to you as it doesn't harmonize with that of DS so please don't pay any attention to it :wink:

Hopefully others that appreciate different views can find it helpful.

Sep 13, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #43,792 of 100,670
Last edited:
Sep 13, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #43,793 of 100,670
I am not saying they are a bad phone. I do like em. I am listening to the Hi7 again in balanced. They have a good overnight of burn in. Acoustics and vocals sounds good on em. BA timbre for certain. Sound layering is also done well on em. BA precision is also evident. But when it comes to bass end. It has more mid bass than sub bass. Considering the bass end according to the posted graph on the sales page the sub bass has no roll off. But that isn't what I am hearing. Sub bass is most definitely weaker vs mid bass.

At this stage of em, I just got them last night. I am sure these will grow on me. There are more positives than negatives on the sound for certain. However, I don't think they are better per se over the NX7. I think both are on a similar level in SQ wise.

I have yet to really cable and tip roll on em so I will do that here very soon.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #43,795 of 100,670
The Cupid are excellent - my current pick for best "bang for buck" IEM I've heard in the mid fi price bracket. Beautiful and engaging sound.
I agree, the Cupid's are amazing for the price

Sep 13, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #43,796 of 100,670
Finder X1s for that price is decent. They are more neutrally tuned. Colder than warm in tonality. Lacks body and fullness of sound. Good amount of definition. They would be solid beaters for the price but considering all the advancements in sound now a days at even the $25 price point. Finder X1s aren't gonna wow anybody. That is unless you like your sound reference thin and analytical. They will most certainly be better built than any $25 phone that is for certain.
i essentially agree--the x1 is built like a tank but really thin and unnatural sounding--i'd pass even at $25

Sep 13, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #43,797 of 100,670
I had to upgrade the cable itself to a piece of art as it caused a loose connection with the earpieces it came with.

IMG_8028.JPG

Sep 13, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #43,798 of 100,670

The KBEAR hi7 in my ears - my "honest" impressions: flat, lifeless, overly bright, piercing (twin peaks between 2 and 4 kHz), plasticky timbre...how can 6 BA drivers not extend the treble beyond 10 kHz (711 coupler)...very disappointed. My head is ringing after 5 minutes with them. Cruel! Wonder whether a (K) BEAR tuned them.

UPDATE: I taped the nozzles over with micropore tape and then poked a couple of holes in the tape. Helps a bit with the pierce but not with the timbre. Somebody was wondering whether the nozzles are removable and replaceable with those famous third-party DMG nozzles.

10uano1m.jpg

I really don`t get it :S
I gave up and ordered BLON BL03... never had CNT drivers in my ears before and curiosity+hype did it...

Great choice! And not much money at risk. These things are growing and growing on me. But you will have to tinker with them to make them sound right.

For some reason, these are calling my name...

Where does that yummy cable from from?

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #43,799 of 100,670
I had to upgrade the cable itself to a piece of art as it caused a loose connection with the earpieces it came with.

Ouch! This cable could've been a good option for recabling a MH755 or an earbud. I'd just cut the mmcx connectors off and pre-tin the wire then you're ready to go.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #43,800 of 100,670
...how can 6 BA drivers not extend the treble beyond 10 kHz (711 coupler)...very disappointed

BAs have good treble on average but extension is much easier to do with a solid DD driver. In fact, there are just a couple of BAs from Knowles/Sonion that can even do treble above 10k and even then it's very hard to implement in a way that is both extended, smooth, not too strong in lower treble. I bet you could find 10+BA IEMs that barely have treble...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back