The discovery thread!
Sep 14, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #43,816 of 99,851
The eternal discussion that leads to nowhere xD I'm with you Peter, not the best place and this is a never-ending question, but

This was an statement :grin:

I'm not sure if i understand what you're saying but that quote was an answer to another post in case you didn't notice....

Sep 14, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #43,817 of 99,851
I'm not sure if i understand what you're saying but that quote was an answer to another post in case you didn't notice....

Only wanted to point (if I did not misunderstood) that is hard to not respond due you already made this statement

when people makes statements .

Sep 14, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #43,818 of 99,851
Only wanted to point (if I did not misunderstood) that is hard to not respond due you already made this statement

??? Sorry mate, I don't understand what you're saying???

I think that you may have missed a post but this is getting quite ridiculous so let's move on....

Sep 14, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #43,819 of 99,851
This is not the place to discuss this but there's no hard evidence whatsoever that physical burn in takes place. There's also no logical (or technical) explanation why it would.

People here seem to adore graphs, pretty strange that no graphs show changes after burn in as they're often reported to be "night and day".

For the record, I've got the NX7 used and they've certainly played more than 100 hours in my possession alone and they're still showing sibilance.....

I've got to much respect for this thread to discuss this matter further in here as it most certainly will end with the thread getting closed but I've also got to much integrity to say nothing when people makes statements that's total BS imo. So, I've said what I'm going to say on this matter (until next time :wink:).
If it's the NX7 that you got from @FastAndClean , they were already broken in. So you wouldn't have a perspective on how high the sibilance was, when brand new.

I don't rely on measurements, I use logic. With my TFZ No.3 I had an overlap of two units. Just to prove/disprove the "burn in is all in your head" theory/fact, I purposely left the newer set in the box, while doing +100 hrs. on the 1st set. Then I did an A/B: The new in box set exhibited a thinness to the sub - mid bass, that was present in the 1st set, when originally tested for DOA; once they both had sufficient time, I did an A/B again. The 1st set still sounded fuller (in the low end), but the 2nd set had closed the gap, to the point that I had to go back and forth on the Whisper song, YingYang Twins.

As we are dealing with the human ear and perception, I'l respect those on the other side of the argument, because of the intangibles and agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #43,820 of 99,851
??? Sorry mate, I don't understand what you're saying???

I think that you may have missed a post but this is getting quite ridiculous so let's move on....

Only to clarify, don't want to start another eternal discussion here about that and please, be sure that I respect you a lot (as well as this thread too) and don't feel comfortable arguing (and even less with someone that knows much more than me about sound).

I did read @zachmal post about the differences he perceived on the NX7 after some use and your reply saying that this is the brain adapting. Then, you say "people makes statements that's total BS imo" and I only wanted to point that you made a plain statement on the first reply. Maybe I lost something, my English is not very good and if this is the case I apologize.
Anyway, I'm done with it too :)

Sep 14, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #43,821 of 99,851
So what's the logic behind my NX7 NOT having sibilance? Hmmm??? What's the logic behind my NX7 not having phase issues? Hmm??

There always needs to be some "scientific" answer, but yet, what's the scientific answer for my pair not displaying the same traits as another pair?

Sep 14, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #43,822 of 99,851
So what's the logic behind my NX7 NOT having sibilance? Hmmm??? What's the logic behind my NX7 not having phase issues? Hmm??

There always needs to be some "scientific" answer, but yet, what's the scientific answer for my pair not displaying the same traits as another pair?

No sibilance: You. e.g. the dimensions of your ears, age, health of your ear drums, the size and density of your melon, how much wax is in your ear canals. There are many variances, in an analog world.

Phase: Do you mean out of phase or a separation of the drivers ?

Might be a poor analogy, but even in the world of bits and bytes, CPUs from the same batch will have varying tolerances, to their max load.

Sep 14, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #43,823 of 99,851
No sibilance: You. e.g. the dimensions of your ears, age, health of your ear drums, the size and density of your melon, how much wax is in your ear canals. There are many variances, in an analog world.

Might be a poor analogy, but even in the world of bits and bytes, CPUs from the same batch will have varying tolerances, to their max load.

Though you make some nice points, this wouldn't explain the fact that other earphones that have sibilance and were reported as such, had the same sibilance to my old ears as to other owners/reviewers. The KZ's have sibilance. Same with the TFZ's and the T2 pros. It was something reported that I heard as well. The NX7? Just don't hear it.

Sep 14, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #43,824 of 99,851

Good brief summary of why sibilance may not be noticed by everyone. For a more extended rumination on this topic:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-3123#post-15135658

Phase issues are present when drivers are off-axis and can also occur with crossover circuits, both of which are common in multi-driver earphones. But as Tyll Hertsens said regarding the Shure SE535, "This is one of my favorite in-ear headphones" - despite the phase issues.

Sep 14, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #43,827 of 99,851
I've been enjoying the LZ A6 since they arrived on Thursday, and a question has been plaguing me ever since. Why the heck aren't these being discussed more???

Since it has customizable filters, how does it compare to the Toneking ninetails?
I read some reviews about the LZ A6 that there is some harsh treble?

Sep 14, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #43,828 of 99,851
To me, I find the A6 to be an improvement in every quantifiable way. I always considered the TNT to be a natural sounding, smooth organic listen, but the A6 sound even more lifelike with a natural timbre. Drums sound amazing with snares snapping and cymbals crashing but without any tizzyness or glare and sound like you're sitting right beside a live drummer.
I have only swapped the filters out by trying the gold and dark blue, but went back to black fairly quickly as it harmonized with my V40 the best, imho.
I feel like having such wide options in filters will ensure that anyone could find a match with their source rather easily.
Thank you again @peter123 for talking about these!

Sep 14, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #43,829 of 99,851
Since it has customizable filters, how does it compare to the Toneking ninetails?
I read some reviews about the LZ A6 that there is some harsh treble?
The blue filter is the brightest filter and I feel some people that like a darker signature could consider it somewhat harsh at times, but that's only 1 of nine filters.

Sep 14, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #43,830 of 99,851
The blue filter is the brightest filter and I feel some people that like a darker signature could consider it somewhat harsh at times, but that's only 1 of nine filters.

Is the LZ A6 a big upgrade over the LZ A4 and LZ A5?

I've got the A6 in my AE cart, still waiting for it to be cheaper when on sales. It seems there is also a A6 mini version that retails at a fraction of the price. Though it comes with less filters and no gain button and one less driver I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back