The discovery thread!
Apr 26, 2024 at 9:33 AM Post #99,842 of 100,659
I have the previous Symbio W and it's stiff as a MF and everything but comfortable. Murders bass and treble. Mids though are interesting, and it does something tremendous to the vocals - clear as day.
Interesting, i definitely don’t feel that way about this model. They are quite comfortable, and I didn’t notice any part of the FR to become overly dampened. Mids/vocals are outstanding though, I’ll put it through some more tests.

I do wish I had ordered the largest size though.

Apr 26, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #99,843 of 100,659
Look what just showed up. Phoenix is calling. Looking pretty in this fully transparent form.

Off for burn-in it goes. Ha, 'burn-in' and 'Phoenix', love it.

1000013091.jpg
I honestly have not used my Dark Phoenix enough that I would consider it burned in LOL.

Need to do that, interested to see what you think….

Apr 26, 2024 at 9:50 AM Post #99,844 of 100,659
I honestly have not used my Dark Phoenix enough that I would consider it burned in LOL.

Need to do that, interested to see what you think….
I am waiting for their latest Relentless 😁😁

Apr 26, 2024 at 10:19 AM Post #99,845 of 100,659
The Japanese reception of the TRN ST7 appears to be quite positive overall. Based on the information I found, the general consensus is that it’s a really balanced IEM. Users describe the ST7 as less crisp and bright than the TRN Conch, but more detailed and less warm than the TRN Orca. This suggests that it strikes a middle ground between the two, so the fact that ‘balanced’ seems to be a recurring term makes perfect sense. Additionally, many have pointed out that the ST7 doesn’t exhibit sharp peaks in its frequency response. This means you can crank up the volume without encountering harshness, making it a comfortable choice for extended listening sessions.

As a side note, if you’re receiving the ST7 soon, consider changing the default cable (the sooner the better). I really think that the stock cable is the weak point of TRN’s offering. I received it alongside the TRN Orca, and let’s just say I wasn’t overly impressed—it undermined the performance of an otherwise really good-sounding IEM.

Apr 26, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #99,846 of 100,659
I am waiting for their latest Relentless 😁😁
Mine just got shipped! I’m excited to try it. It has a very good looking graph from factory which has burned me in the past. Kz Symphony….

Apr 26, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #99,847 of 100,659
Little photobomb of the CCA Trio and the KZ ZS10 Pro 2 - Interesting enough KZ lack medium tips, but give you a sim tool. The CCA lacked the sim tool for the switches.

Put them in spoiler to not flood the page.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #99,848 of 100,659
Apr 26, 2024 at 11:06 AM Post #99,849 of 100,659
I don’t login to my google play account on these DAPs at all. Too risky given the potential lack of security of these homebrew OS. Instead, I use APKPure to add these streaming app on my device. On some DAPs (particularly domestic ones from China), I still need to add google play service for some apps to work, but still, not logging in to my google account on these.
Hey, thanks a bunch for the tips! I've got APKPure and the streaming apps up and running, just like you suggested. And you're right, not logging in with your Google account was a smart move. I'm going to do the same.

Do you happen to know how to manually install GMS? Moondrop says it should be manually installed and it seems it is necessary for some apps to work.

Apr 26, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #99,850 of 100,659
I don’t login to my google play account on these DAPs at all. Too risky given the potential lack of security of these homebrew OS. Instead, I use APKPure to add these streaming app on my device. On some DAPs (particularly domestic ones from China), I still need to add google play service for some apps to work, but still, not logging in to my google account on these.
wow top tier tip tbh

Apr 26, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #99,851 of 100,659
Another delivery arrived today, almost 3 weeks with the local mail and customs. The Letshuoer Cadenza4, hybrid IEM with 10mm Beryllium DD and 3 BAs Knowles and Sonion)

Refined and natural sounding, tasteful warmth. Not to bassy, or bright. Clear but smooth sound, and decent technicalities. Midrange is really nice, probably my faovorite Letshuoer. One of the most ergonomic shells, both in fitment and how small and nice the texture is.

I will be writing a full review for this one, but I can already see it as a good recommendation.

DSCF4980.jpg

This one surprised me. Surprisingly natural timbre and tonality, not something I used to associate with Letshuoer I have to say. Maybe a bit too smooth up top but I’m really quibbling for its price. I wish there weren’t so many words on the shells though.

Little photobomb of the CCA Trio and the KZ ZS10 Pro 2 - Interesting enough KZ lack medium tips, but give you a sim tool. The CCA lacked the sim tool for the switches.

Funny, my Trio came with a sim tool. Batch variation I suppose? 🤷🏻

Apr 26, 2024 at 12:16 PM Post #99,852 of 100,659
Hello Everyone!

I have finished and published my review of the Celest Pandamon 2.0 and it would mean a lot of if you could find some time to check it out!

Thanks for stopping by and a thank you to HiFiGo for providing this unit to review and photograph.

Cheers 😄

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/authors/domq422.391282/reviews

Apr 26, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #99,853 of 100,659
Thanks to the Watercooler tour I got to demo my first CFA iem, the Bonneville. For those interested, my review can be found here and on my blog.
1000019903.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #99,854 of 100,659
Apr 26, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #99,855 of 100,659
This has probably been brought up a few times but... What's everyone's favorite after market cable? I had some Tripowin previously but decided to take a flyer on Xinhs. Holy crap, Xinhs are gorgeous in person and really, really freaking good.

Is there any other cable brands I should keep an eye out to expand my IEM jewelry? Without breaking the bank and going up to like Effect Audio? Or is Effect really that worth it?

1000031493.jpg

1000031491.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back