The discovery thread!
Apr 25, 2024 at 10:41 PM Post #99,812 of 100,558
Just wanted to share that my MIAD01 has finally arrived after ordering from Taobao! I'm super excited to dive into these and see how they stack up.

I've put together an unboxing video and a few pictures to give you a closer look. Check it out below:

Can't wait to share my thoughts on it! If you have any questions or want to see anything specific, let me know.

IMG_20240426_095031.jpg
IMG_20240426_095050.jpg
IMG_20240426_095108.jpg

This is that new moondrop phone with dac?

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:44 PM Post #99,813 of 100,558
Hey where does one download this soundfield plugin? My jamesrootlessdsp doesn't have this.
On the R4, it's in the audio settings menu, under the plugins menu. It appears in the available plugins list.

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #99,814 of 100,558
Hate to say this as Tanchjim shill guy but be aware of dropping. I dropped tanchjim zero once and driver already misaligned, the same goes to my Tanchjim Ola Bass. I still think Zero might be better value than the One but it's yours to decide
Eh, price is low enough that I’m not too worried. I went with One over Zero cuz the graph looked better balanced to me, referring to 3.5mm version (small bump at 5k to balance upper treble peak). Zero has smooth mids but an even bigger treble peak plus a cavern at 10k looked worse overall.

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #99,815 of 100,558
Just wanted to share that my MIAD01 has finally arrived after ordering from Taobao! I'm super excited to dive into these and see how they stack up.

I've put together an unboxing video and a few pictures to give you a closer look. Check it out below:

Can't wait to share my thoughts on it! If you have any questions or want to see anything specific, let me know.

I wonder if it is actually safe to use this phone with internet banking, NFC and that sorts of things. I'm not a fan of big tech companies but haven't gotten time to investigate the security of the AOSP project enough to be confident in using this OS for mission critical use cases.

Any software compatibility issue so far?

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 10:54 PM Post #99,816 of 100,558
Eh, price is low enough that I’m not too worried. I went with One over Zero cuz the graph looked better balanced to me, referring to 3.5mm version (small bump at 5k to balance upper treble peak). Zero has smooth mids but an even bigger treble peak plus a cavern at 10k looked worse overall.
ah you the blon guys, how about give simgot ew200 a try? i have a friends that might have similar taste to yours (he hate my Tanchjim Zero), he actually really like tanchjim oxygen tuning style. the smooth graph smooth sound is extremely boring if you listen to fast bpm stuff (rock/metal/edm)

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:03 PM Post #99,817 of 100,558
ah you the blon guys, how about give simgot ew200 a try? i have a friends that might have similar taste to yours (he hate my Tanchjim Zero), he actually really like tanchjim oxygen tuning style. the smooth graph smooth sound is extremely boring if you listen to fast bpm stuff (rock/metal/edm)

I like my Tanchjim zero! That treble plays out pretty well for me personally.. yeah sure gets excited in that region but no harshness for me. And a v good large soundstage with depth too. Bass isn't for low-end cravers though. For that money, its a rather lovely cheapie. And luckily no dsp, so no one has stolen em off me as yet

Edit: instead of simgot ew.. Get a CCA Trio and be happy for life I say!

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 11:04 PM Post #99,818 of 100,558
I'd love to try these they sound right up my alley. Maybe a more refined MagicOne?

Cadenza 4 is thinner in note weight, more sterile sounding. Dead neutral.

MagicOne is thicker and lusher in the midrange. Warm neutral.

Technicalities, I think the C4 is slightly better, but diminishing returns as per the price difference.

IMG_20240426_095031.jpg
IMG_20240426_095050.jpg
IMG_20240426_095108.jpg

Thanks for taking one for the team!

I am a bit wary of Moondrop QC, so would be good for a first adopter like your goodself to let us know if there are any potential QC pitfalls. Or like UI/firmware bugs!

Oh and the paint. Hope it doesn't peel off like other Moondrops haha.

Thanks in advance!

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:11 PM Post #99,820 of 100,558
Simgots and the Oxygen have too disjointed treble for my taste, based on graphs yes but I have experienced enough to hear what I see in graphs generally. I still like a smooth sound for fast genres, but you could say that I’m equating balance with smooth, cuz while you do need that trebly energy for rock genres that doesn’t mean you need sharp, spiky, disjointed treble.

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:25 PM Post #99,821 of 100,558
Simgots and the Oxygen have too disjointed treble for my taste, based on graphs yes but I have experienced enough to hear what I see in graphs generally. I still like a smooth sound for fast genres, but you could say that I’m equating balance with smooth, cuz while you do need that trebly energy for rock genres that doesn’t mean you need sharp, spiky, disjointed treble.
it sound smoother than it's look! i also surprised because it graph similarly to moondrop (and maybe Simgot EA) but entirely different sound signature, Moondrop typically sound little dry and grainy (not with Kxxs/Kato it seems) while Oxygen type of tuning is kinda smooth and cool (like skating on ice) if you see my first impression of Tanchjim Oxygen you'll see even i surprise at it's smoothness and dynamism of that iem so i still highly recommend try an iem that have similar tuning to it first!
I thought Tanchjim Oxygen have forward vocals and sibilance treble, i was wrong, really really wrong :D it so smooth it make my brain melt, vocal go deep into the stage and midrange detail is just brilliant!
edit: but again, you might need to mod the filter if you're used to warm neutral tuning so (no problem for me nor my friend as i found it already linear and tactile enough to not tired out after 4 hours listening session) ---autocorrect man...

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 12:47 AM Post #99,823 of 100,558
That's true too.

I'm scared to post my review tbh. Some of the faithful will turn up with torches and pitchforks.
No need to be afraid of that, it's okay too like different things. And its nothing new for Campfire.

Apr 26, 2024 at 1:58 AM Post #99,824 of 100,558
I'm scared to post my review tbh. Some of the faithful will turn up with torches and pitchforks.
All we can do is articulate why we don’t like a product. It’s hard.

Apr 26, 2024 at 2:00 AM Post #99,825 of 100,558
Cadenza 4 is thinner in note weight, more sterile sounding. Dead neutral.

MagicOne is thicker and lusher in the midrange. Warm neutral.

Technicalities, I think the C4 is slightly better, but diminishing returns as per the price difference.

Thanks for taking one for the team!

I am a bit wary of Moondrop QC, so would be good for a first adopter like your goodself to let us know if there are any potential QC pitfalls. Or like UI/firmware bugs!

Oh and the paint. Hope it doesn't peel off like other Moondrops haha.

Thanks in advance!
No problem at all! I'm going into this with realistic expectations, considering the price. I'm really curious about this phone and plan to use it as a second phone/DAP. Right now, my biggest challenge is the Google Play situation because I need access to apps like Spotify, Facebook, Netflix, YouTube, and auto updates. I'll keep testing and using it and will share my findings. If there's something specific you're interested in, just let me know, and I'll check it out. It'll benefit everyone!

And about the paint, fingers crossed! Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back