The discovery thread!
Sep 11, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #43,756 of 99,708
Funnily enough, I had connected your white cable to them first, and then the copper cable...both identical to yours. As to sound signature: they are deeply V-shaped according to my graph, but this does not show in sound...they sound rather flat "bright neutral".

I also prefer them over the Moondrop Kanas Pro and even the less resolving Moondrop Crescent, not only sonically. One reason is their comfort. The only criticism I have is a lift in the upper midrange which can be borderline fatiguing to some or to me in some moods.

And here's the kicker: I A/B-ed them with the $600 Sennheiser IE 500 PRO: ok, the Senns have a tighter low end, but they are congested in the mids so that the Blon win the soundstage competition hands down. The Blons were an overall much more enticing listen, the Senns were muted and dull.
it is strange but that brown cable makes the Kanas sluggish sounding and slow, i had to put the silver plated wire and they are a great match

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #43,757 of 99,708
what about tin audio P1's?

Sep 11, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #43,758 of 99,708
Sep 12, 2019 at 2:53 AM Post #43,759 of 99,708

Tried it for a few days, didn't like anything about it and sold it right away.
- too small kept falling out, never got the proper seal.
- lows non existant
- mids blury and congested
- highs, even though non fatiguing and non simbilant, lack of well everything.
Problems across the whole spectrum. I was so pissed when I heard it I didn't want to bother with cable and tip swap other than stock. Tried all the tips in the package though. I burned them in for about 30 hours but still no change so i just gave up. In my case hopeless.

Sep 12, 2019 at 4:07 AM Post #43,760 of 99,708
Tried it for a few days, didn't like anything about it and sold it right away.
- too small kept falling out, never got the proper seal.
- lows non existant
- mids blury and congested
- highs, even though non fatiguing and non simbilant, lack of well everything.
Problems across the whole spectrum. I was so pissed when I heard it I didn't want to bother with cable and tip swap other than stock. Tried all the tips in the package though. I burned them in for about 30 hours but still no change so i just gave up. In my case hopeless.

some people who have it claims that it needs amp gain..but how much change/improvement that makes, i personality don't know.

Sep 12, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #43,761 of 99,708
some people who have it claims that it needs amp gain..but how much change/improvement that makes, i personality don't know.
P1 needs a proper source to perform its best but more importantly needs a decent seal. The fact that @progdvd were "falling out" means he wasn't getting even close to a proper fit/seal and that's pretty much a death sentence for any IEM.

Sep 12, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #43,762 of 99,708
P1 needs a proper source to perform its best but more importantly needs a decent seal. The fact that @progdvd were "falling out" means he wasn't getting even close to a proper fit/seal and that's pretty much a death sentence for any IEM.

make sense. even the T2, T2 Pro, and the T3 needs some bit of love and patience just to have the right seal, because of their venting system making a harder time to achieve vacuum. i still personally hold the T2 Pro (and the grittier T2) as one of the best bright IEMs ever, because even going up the price, their sound is unique. doing the smaller nozzle tip mod is essential, however (in my opinion)

T3 is more general sounding. good, but up the price level, there are others that can do similar sound better

I'm still waiting for the chance to audition the P1, but i do have the SFR MT100 coming, so i would still have a new toy to play with

Sep 12, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #43,763 of 99,708

+1, Crabbos ... it can't be said often enough.

I seem to have strangely shaped, relatively narrow ear canals and like many folks here have amassed a decent collection of all sorts of eartips over the years but still more often than not finding the right tips for a new IEM drove me nuts until I ordered some of these cheap a$$ suckers on AE a while ago.

€ 0,94 22%OFF | New 12Pcs Universal Replacement Silicone Rubber Ear Tips Rubber 3.8mm In-ear Earphone Earbuds Colorful Replaced Earbuds
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/4UGWBwfm

Screenshot_2019-09-12-10-15-57-417_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-01.jpeg

I've ordered the clear/orange version and these thingies give me an instant, excellent seal on almost any of my IEMs and that relatively narrow inner diameter helps a lot to keep them in place on the nozzle (no sliding). Unfortunately there isn't a wide bore version but most of the time these things work better for me than anything else in my stash - YMMV.

IMG_20190912_102847-01.jpeg

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #43,765 of 99,708
My take on the Magaosi ****. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

Now it seems there is another **** that has come to the CHIFI market (not the banned brand **** LOL).

Nice review BTW and these IEMs look super nice.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #43,766 of 99,708
My take on the Magaosi ****. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

Thanks. Interesting review! But if I didn't misread, you don't talk about the other 3 sound signatures apart from ON+KE. Could you give us some clue about how the sound changes with the different switches positions?

Sep 12, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #43,767 of 99,708
Now it seems there is another **** that has come to the CHIFI market (not the banned brand **** LOL).

Nice review BTW and these IEMs look super nice.
Thank you for reading my review. Appreciate it! :)

Thanks. Interesting review! But if I didn't misread, you don't talk about the other 3 sound signatures apart from ON+KE. Could you give us some clue about how the sound changes with the different switches positions?
Hi, you did not misread. This is because I feel ON + KE sounds the best in my opinion and I can wholeheartedly recommend it. In the ON + 2 mode, the top end is less airy and sounds more enclosed. In the 1 + 2 mode, there is a more laid-back showing. In the 1 + KE mode, it sounds more intimate. Cheers!

Sep 12, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #43,768 of 99,708

[Caveat - I have a bloody good copper $50 cable on mine - playing through a powerful reference DAP with Spiral tips + 200 hours burn / use] - and . . . Superb
They are wonderfully balanced with nothing exaggerated. Like a more mature Tin 2. Perfect soundstage - not exaggerated but enough to make for an interesting listen
I would be very hard pressed to fault them. As they are now they are one of favourite of all time IEMs
Thing is, the are not trying to do anything 'tricky' to make them 'seem' like they are special. they just humbly present the music as it is in a well balanced mature manner.

Maybe there is a bigger sprinkling of new comers to the world of IEMs here on this thread? I say this because its important to note that well made IEM's - to really shine, to show you all the potential they have, need a good amp, a good DAC chip and a good source. Perhaps an upgraded cable, sympathetic tips that both suit them and ones own personal ears
Otherwise, its quite possible that someones opinion may be far from the truth of what an IEM can actually offer
Every time I upgrade to better equipment etc Im always blown away at the new levels of detail, realism etc etc. Im learning more and more how synergy can play a massive part in your end experience

Anyway, The Tin Audio P1's are a great IEM.
If you are looking for a 'qualified' review or opinion about something - check carefully the persona experience, equipment etc etc
Everyones opinions here are equally important of course but there are people here who have a huge wealth of well rounded experience to draw from

Sep 12, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #43,769 of 99,708
[Caveat - I have a bloody good copper $50 cable on mine - playing through a powerful reference DAP with Spiral tips + 200 hours burn / use] - and . . . Superb
They are wonderfully balanced with nothing exaggerated. Like a more mature Tin 2. Perfect soundstage - not exaggerated but enough to make for an interesting listen
I would be very hard pressed to fault them. As they are now they are one of favourite of all time IEMs
Thing is, the are not trying to do anything 'tricky' to make them 'seem' like they are special. they just humbly present the music as it is in a well balanced mature manner.

Maybe there is a bigger sprinkling of new comers to the world of IEMs here on this thread? I say this because its important to note that well made IEM's - to really shine, to show you all the potential they have, need a good amp, a good DAC chip and a good source. Perhaps an upgraded cable, sympathetic tips that both suit them and ones own personal ears
Otherwise, its quite possible that someones opinion may be far from the truth of what an IEM can actually offer
Every time I upgrade to better equipment etc Im always blown away at the new levels of detail, realism etc etc. Im learning more and more how synergy can play a massive part in your end experience

Anyway, The Tin Audio P1's are a great IEM.
If you are looking for a 'qualified' review or opinion about something - check carefully the persona experience, equipment etc etc
Everyones opinions here are equally important of course but there are people here who have a huge wealth of well rounded experience to draw from

Oh i know hehe this aint my first time around these parts :p

Sep 12, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #43,770 of 99,708
Oh i know hehe this aint my first time around these parts :p
O yeah...Burson op amp and a Chord Huga Amp. Yup
I reckons you is jussstt fine
So errm yes, as you is a man with the ears to appreciate the subtleties . . . - The P1's are very good - get 'em :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back