The discovery thread!
Dec 3, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #40,381 of 100,498
16 cores aren't gonna make much of a difference. I would get a higher end 8 core over "more cores" I even have a 4 core silver cable that beats up on any other 8 core variety I own so it aint all about cores. More so the material.

Dec 3, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #40,386 of 100,498
I'm sorry to disappoint you about the whole subject you're researching, although I read it interested, I don't think I'm trying too hard to go down that road.
As for using higher resolution files to make my measurements, I see it more feasible. And I think that going higher in Hz with Fluke is not a problem.
On the other hand it is very logical that an amplifier has a higher bandwidth, only depends on the chip used, and the amplification type D is very advanced in that sense. I think that many limitations related to the A/D conversion and vice versa are overcome due to the high frequencies used and the large SNR ratios that are handled. But my idea is that electronics has long since surpassed the auditory threshold of man, that's why I'm not interested in that subject. I prefer at the end that my ears decide for me. And in that sense I'm much more sensitive to changes in headphone profiles than to changes in better or worse sources. It's true that I always try to improve on players, but I find the change greater in the headphones I use.

I'm not a lover of using mobiles as players, but of using the PC. In that sense since some months ago that I am using a software with which I have gained a lot in sound quality, it seems that avoids the use of windows drivers when playing, like ASIO, but definitely now everything sounds better with it.
It's called VoiceMeeter. The Banana model has a parametric equalizer that I love for its possibilities, as well as for its precision and smooth effect on the music.

https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #40,389 of 100,498
3 different cables ... one silver (supposedly pure) and two SPC all from AliExp.. tried on the NCM NC5 and all the cables made the iems sound different than the other. Source was the same, balanced out of the zx300. Do you think if i measured the FR all of them would be distinctly different as the sound?

Should be put to test. If the sound changes with cable, it is likely [but not 100% sure] that the frequency response has changed, too. I have such a case with the NiceHCK EP35 and will run some measurements.

I'll test it. I had ordered another (copper) cable. My m6 is still stuck in the Canadian postal/coastal defence. Which $20 SPC cable did you recommend - can't find a link.

I am interested in the fake claim by BGVP. If they really incorporated Knowles drivers and XXXX used some fly-by-night ones, then the fly-by-night drivers must be pretty darn good. And since the price of the two iems is question is essentially identical, does it mean the fly-by-night drivers are expensive or that XXXX is creaming off big?

I am currently using this one because it is very cheap (TRN 8 cores):

https://es.aliexpress.com/store/pro...-Mixed-Cable-For-TRN/1825606_32945443691.html

Maybe now I'll buy this one (16 cores):

https://es.aliexpress.com/store/pro...4-4mm-Plug-MMCX-2Pin/1825606_32954926911.html

or I'll wait for a better recommendation.

Thanks. I had never heard of 8 core or 16 core - is this another placebo?

It's only the number of cables... :wink: To increase the cross-section without increasing rigidity, more individual cables than not all in one are usually put together.

got about 12% increased conductivity with a 16 cores compared to its 8 cores sibling, at near double the price. the cores in the 16 version are very thin, and the 8 cores is enough soft and flexible.

about tonal variations using different cables, they are minimal and unnoticeable. but together with some distortion (or similar), perceived sound can be cleaner, more resolution. this is yet to be demonstrated. i'm also going to make an extended comparative of frequency response but also other parameters soon, using low noise and distortion sources, ADC, and iems, and precission 60318-4 mic and coupler.. soon=few weeks.. :p

this could be better discussed at https://www.head-fi.org/threads/low-end-cheap-generic-otherwise-bang-for-buck-cable-thread.891911/

Dec 3, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #40,390 of 100,498
...about tonal variations using different cables, they are minimal and unnoticeable...
But the hole in my wallet is not minimal and unnoticeable :wink:. And with these fancy braids I look like an aging gangsta' rappa'.

P.S. I moved my cables over to the cheap-cable thread...where I found discussion of a $93 specimen. That's cheap? Where is the bargain-bin thread?

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #40,391 of 100,498
BGVP vs M6 situation all over again here

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ikko-oh1.23467/
121333.jpg 121334.jpg 121342.jpg 121341.jpg 121340.jpg 121339.jpg
121333.jpg

Dec 3, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #40,392 of 100,498
But the hole in my wallet is not minimal and unnoticeable :wink:. And with these fancy braids I look like an aging gangsta' rappa'.

P.S. I moved my cables over to the cheap-cable thread...where I found discussion of a $93 specimen. That's cheap? Where is the bargain-bin thread?

cables? where we're goin, we don't need.....cables

20181129_191219-01.jpeg

Dec 3, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #40,393 of 100,498
Looking forward to your impressions. A comparison to your king pro or t4 seems very interesting.
Lol i really cant compare with the T4s... The bass on these are ridiculous and im not saying that in a euphemistic way. I even tried to tape one of the vents and going to leave it for sometime and see how that goes.
Again i repeat the bass is insane, and not in a good way for me.

EDIT: Trying different tips for a better seal/fit and reduction in bass. Though a better seal would logically mean more bass. Wide bore tips perhaps.

IMG_20181204_103825.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #40,394 of 100,498
HI guys, I just had a chat with BGVP's boss. A few things which I would like to share from our conversation :

1) NiceHCK M6 is not the same as DMG. They are just a copy of DMG. Attached here is a official letter by BGVP:

2) Regarding the vent hole at the back of the earphone that @Dsnuts mentioned. The picture of DMG where they have the holes are infact, pre-production pictures. BGVP never released any production dmgs with back vent hole. Regarding the way where BGVP will clear off old stock is debunked as the newer silver colored DMG also have the exact same vent holes as the current DMG.

The reason they removed the back vent is because they added the big vent hole next to the MMCX pin. This improves the airy-ness of the earphone and this is the one and only version of DMG for now.

3) Gary ( the boss), mentioned that they believe the copy uses cheaper local BA drivers from china while the drivers used in DMG are custom made from Knowles, which explains the difference between the price.The reason BGVP didn't advertise it as knowles driver is because they slapped on BGVP's logo , they can't show any prove of their order from knowles because they are not allowed to do so by contract.

4) Gary actually mentioned that he welcome us to go for a teardown to do a 1 to 1 comparison between M6 and DMG to prove that they are different. He did say that there is something good which comes from his product being copied, we can compare between the 2 earphones to decide which is better.

5) Gary said DMG actually have the HI-Res certificate while the M6 probably does not have it.

A few things need explanation:

1. Aspire5550 has no information on his/her profile page.
2. Aspire5550 cannot be contacted via PM.

As to the BVSP notice:
3. Why does an official statement refer to XXXX? What is the value of going against XXXX?
4. It is claimed that the "inner design of the XXXX is totally different from the dmg", that they don't sound the same but they look similar. Well, this could be any two earphones.

As to Aspire5550's statements:
5. It is claimed that BVSP's dmg contains Knowles drivers, a fact that cannot be proven or disclosed as per contract - but it is disclosed right here...which, if true, constitutes a breach of this contract.
6. As to the inner life of the XXXX: BVSP "boss" "believes" that XXXX uses cheap domestic drivers. Why doesn't he open one up - something that is unheard of in this business.
7. NiceHCK m6 is allegedly not the same as BVSP dmg. Fine,
that's what is expected!
8. The Hi Res certificate of the dmg or any other earphone is marketing only.

Caution is advised when dealing with such mysterious claims by mysterious claimants.

I was told the m6 is an ODM product by a
renowned manufacturer - true or not.

Solution: give @Dsnuts a sturdy nutcracker and a camera, he has both models :wink:.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #40,395 of 100,498
Lol i really cant compare with the T4s... The bass on these are ridiculous and im not saying that in a euphemistic way. I even tried to tape one of the vents and going to leave it for sometime and see how that goes.
Again i repeat the bass is insane, and not in a good way for me.

EDIT: Trying different tips for a better seal/fit and reduction in bass. Though a better seal would logically mean more bass. Wide bore tips perhaps.

I was not expecting that haha. Maybe you could compare it to your king pros then? But what I am really interested in is how the vocals compare to the other 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back