The discovery thread!
Dec 4, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #40,411 of 101,048
Well I just provided a little HBO for you but @superuser1 nailed what you were looking for by your preference and he can probably answer your question, good luck with whatever you choose:beerchug: By the way, I concur the A4's are a great all around iem:grin:

Great! Must confess that after a lot of months using them, I'm a firm convinced of black+green equalized. It is, months ago, my well known standard and don't think will change again but in special cases or taste changes. The green's mids can sustain well-present lows and highs (indeed, it is a trait of the A4s), and I find them very nicely feeded with some bass reminiscences if eq properly, making all spectrum sound full and bringing some notable texturization. The danger is eq. cause is easy to colorize too much but, with some time, I liked it the most and really find very satisfying to listen to near everything :wink:

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #40,412 of 101,048
Good that you bring this up, we need more people like this who question everything that is suspicious and not just accept everything other people say on the internet.
1, I am more of a lurker on this forum and I rarely post, I only post when I feel like it. Hence you can see that I joined since 2015 but do not have much comments.
2. I am not sure what happened about not being able to be reached through PMs, as I have never received any pm's from other people unless I have started the pm myself. My recent PMs were with @Dsnuts ,@Podster ,@darkwing ,@hakuzen ,@antdroid @B9Scrambler . (At least these people can testify that I have had some chat with them through PM)
3. I actually fully agree with you that I myself do find it weird that they use XXXX to refer to the M6. Throughout my conversation, i keep referring the "NICEHCK M6" while he just mention "clone".
4. no comment, they could very possibly have the same inner design/construction , no comment on this until someone is able to prove it.
5. you got this mistaken. I asked Gary if there's any prove he can give me regarding the BGVP drivers were made by knowles, He said the prove cannot be disclosed (which I assumed is the contract between knowles and BGVP), that Gary cannot disclose. (I actually mentioned this in another comment of mine, here

and here

Let me give you the exact conversation( after I translate it to english)

6. No comment on this, I can't possibly take a knife to ask him to do the teardown.
7,8 no comment.

Again, NONE of the thing that I posted is written by me( i refer to the pictures and the documents). I am not a reviewer and I don't sell any products. I have 0 gain from this and I have 0 bias. I used my own personal time to contact BGVP and translate the conversation into a post and also uploaded the picture by transferring from my wechat/taobao app.

None of you have to listen to what I said, I am just a nobody who is interested in this topic regarding M6 and DMG.
@Otto Motor and @Dsnuts have gotten one side of the story from the seller of M6 while I simply got the other side of the story from the boss of BGVP. You can try to contact the boss yourself by going to the taobao website and find this seller : BGVP电声. Have a chat with him yourself if you can type and read chinese.

While I appreciate constructive discussion on this, I will say that I do not enjoy the tone that @Otto Motor used while you try to get more information. You can refer me as someone new /inexperienced to the forum but when you say mysterious claimant... Hmm, let's just say I don't appreciate that cause it sounds to me that you are saying i am a suspicious character giving false claims. Maybe i am just too sensitive as it has been a long day for me.

Lastly, I agree that someone should go ahead and crack these two earphones up to do a comparison. :)
I gave you a "like" on your reply, too - your clarification is highly appreciated. I wanted to discuss this in private but the system told me that your settings didn't allow this - this and the lack of any personal profile, and your appearance out of the blue made you suspicious of trolling, particularly in this touchy context - which should be understandable. On top of that, the whole story [which contains lots of serious accusations by BVSP waiting to be substantiated] in all its aspects didn't add up and fact checking is essential before anybody is jumping to any conclusions or judgement...the number of likes underneath that original BVSP letter indicated otherwise.

I am sorry if my tone in some paragraphs came across as unjust to you but the circumstances pointed to trolling. Now we know better. Please don't be discouraged and don't be afraid of becoming more active here.

As to the other side of the story: I don't know anything other than what I said before - which is not very much. And I don't know whether it is true either. All I am interested in is the truth in this post-truth era.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #40,413 of 101,048
What I'm getting out of it honestly, BGVP paid more money for Knowles drivers and now an offbrand Chinese company is using the same OEM supplier, slightly changing the aesthetics and using cheaper drivers but its still get a comparable sound and undercutting them. They are trying to save their sales by saying that their product is the REAL DEAL and don't go with "imitations". Understandable but I think they are doing a little bit too much to "prove" they have a better product.

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #40,414 of 101,048
What I'm getting out of it honestly, BGVP paid more money for Knowles drivers and now an offbrand Chinese company is using the same OEM supplier, slightly changing the aesthetics and using cheaper drivers but its still get a comparable sound and undercutting them. They are trying to save their sales by saying that their product is the REAL DEAL and don't go with "imitations". Understandable but I think they are doing a little bit too much to "prove" they have a better product.
Fact checking:...provided all driver claims are true!

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #40,415 of 101,048
Fact checking:...provided all driver claims are true!

It's simple, buy both, open them up and you'll know the truth. Cost is about 200 which is cheap considering truth is priceless... :wink:

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #40,416 of 101,048
It's simple, buy both, open them up and you'll know the truth. Cost is about 200 which is cheap considering truth is priceless... :wink:
But you read that the Knowles drivers cannot be recognized as such...so we will never knowles :).

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #40,417 of 101,048
I think the patent law in china is quite loose or even non existent.

Anyway, to me, I don't really care if it is a clone or not a clone, if M6 can copy the DMG and sound similar or even better, at a cheaper price. Then that is a reason for us to get excited, It means technology is improving and china can do similar things for a cheaper price. Imagine a CA Andromeda but at half the price?:grin:

Either that, or BGVP has a larger profit margin? :)
The questions are: does the dmg really contain Knowles drivers, and if yes, does the m6 hold up to it sound wise.

BVSP claims they don't sound the same [but look similar] and @Dsnuts thinks the m6 sounds better. Does that mean the m6 contains domestic Chinese drivers that are superior over the Knowles? These domestic drivers would certainly be cheaper to produce/buy which means there should be more profit in the m6.

Update: I imply that dsnuts gave his honest opinion.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #40,418 of 101,048
The questions are: does the dmg really contain Knowles drivers, and if yes, does the m6 hold up to it sound wise.

BVSP claims they don't sound the same [but look similar] and @Dsnuts thinks the m6 sounds better. Does that mean the m6 contains domestic Chinese drivers that are superior over the Knowles? These domestic drivers would certainly be cheaper to produce/buy which means there should be more profit in the m6.

You have no idea what dsnuts thinks, just as with BGVP you only know what he claims. Dsnuts pushes NiceHCK products a lot as of late and I would think to the point some might find it suspicious. Let's not forget those miracle NiceHCK multiBAs that failed to live up to the hype and needed 100, then 200 and finally 400 hours of burnin to sound good...

By saying this I don't mean to attack dsnuts but just to point out that if you want to discuss that issue theoretically you've got to be fully impartial and include all known parameters, I am glad I bought the D4 and EP10 which are both NiceHCK products or exclusive and wouldn't have if dsnuts hadn't hyped them.

At the end of the day, whoever wanna know which is best needs to buy both and then it's just going to be another opinion for the rest of us. Frankly I am not sure where this is going and if there is a point talking about it further.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #40,419 of 101,048
Men, you maybe did my life much more easier xD I'm not sure if I can afford them, but at first they seem to be what I was looking for. A couple of questions if I can.
Regarding universals... Have you tried them, or only custom version? Is the fit "universal" enough?
Another point is, at this time I use Xiaomi RedMI Note 5 for audio (very competent with A4s), but I'm planning to get hands on G7 or equal soon *and that's why every euro to the phones, limits my smartphone options :darthsmile:
Thanks!
I have another option you could consider as well. I highly recommend the Toneking T88k for a subbass focused sound, with a universal but custom feeling fit. They can be found around 379.00-399.00 as well. Here's an image of my pair.
Screenshot_2018-10-14-16-15-06.png
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cCGy6S0C

Dec 4, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #40,420 of 101,048
:L3000:

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #40,421 of 101,048
You have no idea what dsnuts thinks, just as with BGVP you only know what he claims. Dsnuts pushes NiceHCK products a lot as of late and I would think to the point some might find it suspicious. Let's not forget those miracle NiceHCK multiBAs that failed to live up to the hype and needed 100, then 200 and finally 400 hours of burnin to sound good...

By saying this I don't mean to attack dsnuts but just to point out that if you want to discuss that issue theoretically you've got to be fully impartial and include all known parameters, I am glad I bought the D4 and EP10 which are both NiceHCK products or exclusive and wouldn't have if dsnuts hadn't hyped them.

At the end of the day, whoever wanna know which is best needs to buy both and then it's just going to be another opinion for the rest of us. Frankly I am not sure where this is going and if there is a point talking about it further.

Suspicious:triportsad:! Off with his head!!! :pick::laughing::knife:

Dec 4, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #40,424 of 101,048
Just to get back to science: here my very raw and unsmoothened graph of the Hill Audio S8 (one of my first measurements - a more refined version will be in my review). Exquisite midrange, super treble, but a mid-bass hump like the hunchback of Notre Dame.

S8-1.jpg

Remove the hump and you have a killer earphone. Or find a killer who likes humps...

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #40,425 of 101,048
Men, you maybe did my life much more easier xD I'm not sure if I can afford them, but at first they seem to be what I was looking for. A couple of questions if I can.
Regarding universals... Have you tried them, or only custom version? Is the fit "universal" enough?
Another point is, at this time I use Xiaomi RedMI Note 5 for audio (very competent with A4s), but I'm planning to get hands on G7 or equal soon *and that's why every euro to the phones, limits my smartphone options :darthsmile:
Thanks!
I have the universal and it is great when it comes to the fit (i usually have fit issues)
I would strongly advice you to put in that extra cash and just get this and enjoy your music. There is a NCM thread too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back