The discovery thread!
Dec 4, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #40,426 of 101,020
I have the universal and it is great when it comes to the fit (i usually have fit issues)
I would strongly advice you to put in that extra cash and just get this and enjoy your music. There is a NCM thread too

Thank you very much. I'm reading like there's no tomorrow (discovered this thread yesterday) and I'm now very interested in comparing HK6, T88K and C5v2. Are they playing the same league?

Dec 4, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #40,427 of 101,020
Thank you very much. I'm reading like there's no tomorrow (discovered this thread yesterday) and I'm now very interested in comparing HK6, T88K and C5v2. Are they playing the same league?
i wish i could compare. However both the HK6 and T88K are all BA offerings. The NC5v2 is a hybrid. So definitely different league.

Dec 4, 2018 at 9:50 PM Post #40,428 of 101,020
I would wait till a few other guys get the M6. Lets hear what the other guys have to say about them. I so happen to own both the BGVP DMGs and have a review sample of the M6. What I hear is what I hear and this is from A/Bing them side by side. I have no stake in NiceHCK or BGVP in any way or form. And while both earphones have a very similar tuning. The M6 for some reason scales better with cables and definitely shows a more tighter tuning to my ears. Just because a manufacturer uses a supposed Knowles driver don't mean anything to me. It is all about how they tuned whatever driver they are using. So what if M6 uses Bellsing BAs or don't use a graphene.

If you guys could read what I have to say about some of the NiceHCK stuff I get to listen to back at Jim. Lol. In any case. NiceHCK is legitimately wanting to improve with their offerings with every new release. I can't say that about every manufacturer out there. Plus how many aliexpress vendors are willing to give discounts to headfiers even without headfiers asking for it? They aren't asking any of you guys to give their products a favorable impression just because they are giving a $25 discount on the earphones. Na it is because I am certain Jim realizes if you guys like them. You will recommend your family and friends to buy them. And if you don't like them at least you got a cheaper deal to find out about them. I couldn't care less if any of you guys buy the M6 or the DMGs or the DM6. What earphones that you want to spend money on is all you. I am just reporting what I hear as the minor differences between the two earphones.

I have been flat out honest with the guy. If you guys think Jim enjoyed reading my review of their Opera Factory OM1s. He didn't loose sleep over the review but I think he realizes those are not catered for headfiers especially after reading my not so flattering review on them. I will and have told him some bitter truths about some of his products he sells. But I will also praise a phone for being a great bang for buck be it the HK6 or the new M6. I think the M6 will speak for itself.

Wait till more and more guys discover them and more reviews come out on them. I will be the first to tell you guys. It is not just a poormans copy but an actual improvement. Sure it is a minor tweak in the treble but it actually does make them different.

Dec 4, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #40,429 of 101,020
OM1 is not a NiceHCK product or exclusive, it's from Opera Factory, a Whizzer sub-brand, and many Ali shops sell it, just sayin...

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #40,430 of 101,020
It is a product they sell on NiceHCK site. Wanted me to review them. He wasn't happy about my review but hey what can you do. I ended up sending his DT300 pros back to him as well. No way was I gonna give any type of favorable review on those things.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #40,431 of 101,020
Here 3 single DD earphones with "audiophile*" tuning [no excessive bass hump]: NiceHCK EP35, Blitzwolf ES1 (modded), and HifiWalker A1 (modded).

EP35-2.jpg
BW ES1 modded-1.jpg
HFW A1-1-1.jpg

Guess which of the three will appeal most to "audiophiles"?

*I am by no means an "audiophile" but these signatures appeal to my gusto.

These graphs are entirely rudimentary and unprocessed - but nevertheless informative. I will gradually add refined versions of these to my existing reviews.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #40,434 of 101,020
Speaking of NiceHCK products. I have turned the M6 thread into the NiceHCK thread. They have so many products on the threads. Otto suggested we turn that into a NiceHCK dedicated thread and I agree. So it is the new NiceHCK thread. We can of course discuss on this thread as well but I figure NiceHCK deserves their own dedicated thread. Please post about your NiceHCK products on this thread. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/nicehck-thread-discussions-for-nicehck-products.894720/

Dec 5, 2018 at 12:52 AM Post #40,435 of 101,020
Here 3 single DD earphones with "audiophile*" tuning [no excessive bass hump]: NiceHCK EP35, Blitzwolf ES1 (modded), and HifiWalker A1 (modded).

Guess which of the three will appeal most to "audiophiles"?

*I am by no means an "audiophile" but these signatures appeal to my gusto.

These graphs are entirely rudimentary and unprocessed - but nevertheless informative. I will gradually add refined versions of these to my existing reviews.

What about tin audio T2? Can you measure it also.

Dec 5, 2018 at 1:21 AM Post #40,436 of 101,020
I gave you a "like" on your reply, too - your clarification is highly appreciated. I wanted to discuss this in private but the system told me that your settings didn't allow this - this and the lack of any personal profile, and your appearance out of the blue made you suspicious of trolling, particularly in this touchy context - which should be understandable. On top of that, the whole story [which contains lots of serious accusations by BVSP waiting to be substantiated] in all its aspects didn't add up and fact checking is essential before anybody is jumping to any conclusions or judgement...the number of likes underneath that original BVSP letter indicated otherwise.

I am sorry if my tone in some paragraphs came across as unjust to you but the circumstances pointed to trolling. Now we know better. Please don't be discouraged and don't be afraid of becoming more active here.

As to the other side of the story: I don't know anything other than what I said before - which is not very much. And I don't know whether it is true either. All I am interested in is the truth in this post-truth era.
Cheers my friend. Firstly , I understand where you are coming from and I know someone new like me would be suspicious. I spent some time digging through the settings of my account in this forum and I see that I have some settings unchecked which probably explains why you are unable to send me a PM. I have now changed the setting and you should be able to pm me (let me know if you still can't, i will pm you instead so we can have a chat). :)

Secondly, I would say we are all mature grown ups and this is not an argument of any sort and we are just having a mature discussion on the conflicting statement given by the 2 manufacturers/sellers. To each of us here, it doesn't matter that much whether M6 is made by the same factory or DMG has drivers made by Knowles. What matters is the price that we pay and the sound that we get. :D

But to me personally, this topic actually got me curious and I can say that I have the same thoughts as you, we are just interested in the truth. I really wished we could some how find out whether the dmg and m6 are same internally or not, but again, there is no way to find out if the drivers in both are the same , as BGVP doesn't slap on the knowles drivers. So there isn't a concrete way to find out the differences between the two. I just rest my case on this , unless someone who have both, opened it and saw the BGVP logo on the M6. XD

Few last points : @Otto Motor bro, it is BGVP and not BVSP :D

Dec 5, 2018 at 2:10 AM Post #40,437 of 101,020

I have the HK6 and the T88K... between those, I personally prefer the HK6. I did not like the T88k, me, while @thejoker13 liked them very much - from reading our impressions (which you can find by searching this thread, plus reading joker's review of the T88k) one would think we are speaking about different things :) . Which, however, would seem to imply either 1) there may be some variations in tuning/manufacturing of the T88k, or 2) they're made in such a way that they may react differently with the different way different people's ears are built. Another possibility is 3) they may interact very differently with different gear (like the Andros react very differently with different output impedance on source, say). I really don't think it's this last, though, as, if you have a look at my gear, I would not call my DAP choices as "lacking" :) , at least in quantity, and the T88k plays pretty much the same with all of them (=I did not really like how they sounded). (it COULD also be 4) there's something else going on that I have not managed to think about :))

Root of the difference in perception on the T88k between me and thejoker13, seems to me, is in sub-bass and midbass - he says they have great subbass, while I hear a lot of mid bass, that, for me, ends up coloring mids, and especially voices (I like sub bass - one of the ways I can listen to the T88k is by using EQ, and raising subbass and decreasing midbass).

OTOH, I don't have the C5v2, but, from reading the impressions etc, they appear to be very interesting. In your place, if your budget would allow it, those are the ones I'd probably go for, out of the HK6, T88k, and C5v2 (I liked the HK6, MORE than the T88k, but they are not my favorite IEMs, tbh - then again, I do have quite a few objectively better IEMs vying for head time :)).

edited to add: tbh @chortya has the T88k too, and from his comments he was very happy with them, probably hearing them like @thejoker13 does . Which, again, would seem to imply either 1) or 2) of the possibilties I mentioned above :). Which, however, if you happen to fall in the wrong category (the one that gets something you don't like), might be a problem.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #40,438 of 101,020
I have the HK6 and the T88K... between those, I personally prefer the HK6. I did not like the T88k, me, while @thejoker13 liked them very much - from reading our impressions (which you can find by searching this thread, plus reading joker's review of the T88k) one would think we are speaking about different things :) . Which, however, would seem to imply either 1) there may be some variations in tuning/manufacturing of the T88k, or 2) they're made in such a way that they may react differently with the different way different people's ears are built. Another possibility is 3) they may interact very differently with different gear (like the Andros react very differently with different output impedance on source, say). I really don't think it's this last, though, as, if you have a look at my gear, I would not call my DAP choices as "lacking" :) , at least in quantity, and the T88k plays pretty much the same with all of them (=I did not really like how they sounded). (it COULD also be 4) there's something else going on that I have not managed to think about :))

Root of the difference in perception on the T88k between me and thejoker13, seems to me, is in sub-bass and midbass - he says they have great subbass, while I hear a lot of mid bass, that, for me, ends up coloring mids, and especially voices (I like sub bass - one of the ways I can listen to the T88k is by using EQ, and raising subbass and decreasing midbass).

OTOH, I don't have the C5v2, but, from reading the impressions etc, they appear to be very interesting. In your place, if your budget would allow it, those are the ones I'd probably go for, out of the HK6, T88k, and C5v2 (I liked the HK6, MORE than the T88k, but they are not my favorite IEMs, tbh - then again, I do have quite a few objectively better IEMs vying for head time :)).
If i had known about the NC5v2 earlier i would have saved a lot of money is all i am going to say! :)

Dec 5, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #40,439 of 101,020
If i had known about the NC5v2 earlier i would have saved a lot of money is all i am going to say! :)

Bad thing... Now I feel like looking for a nice tattoo design, trying to choose a cool design, cause I think I'm gonna to order them today if budget is ok ^_^
Wanna read a bit more, but it seems like the best choice for me. Thank you again for the information and I'll let you know the news as soon as they are!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back