The discovery thread!
Dec 4, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #40,396 of 99,937
Lol i really cant compare with the T4s... The bass on these are ridiculous and im not saying that in a euphemistic way. I even tried to tape one of the vents and going to leave it for sometime and see how that goes.
Again i repeat the bass is insane, and not in a good way for me.

EDIT: Trying different tips for a better seal/fit and reduction in bass. Though a better seal would logically mean more bass. Wide bore tips perhaps.

I think the bass comes down a tad and controls after a small amount of play (or you get used to it). Still great bass that stays. I love my Kylins.

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #40,397 of 99,937

Attachments

• IMG_20181204_135651.jpg
    IMG_20181204_135651.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #40,398 of 99,937
A few things need explanation:

1. Aspire5550 has no information on his/her profile page.
2. Aspire5550 cannot be contacted via PM.

As to the BVSP notice:
3. Why does an official statement refer to XXXX? What is the value of going against XXXX?
4. It is claimed that the "inner design of the XXXX is totally different from the dmg", that they don't sound the same but they look similar. Well, this could be any two earphones.

As to Aspire5550's statements:
5. It is claimed that BVSP's dmg contains Knowles drivers, a fact that cannot be proven or disclosed as per contract - but it is disclosed right here...which, if true, constitutes a breach of this contract.
6. As to the inner life of the XXXX: BVSP "boss" "believes" that XXXX uses cheap domestic drivers. Why doesn't he open one up - something that is unheard of in this business.
7. NiceHCK m6 is allegedly not the same as BVSP dmg. Fine,
that's what is expected!
8. The Hi Res certificate of the dmg or any other earphone is marketing only.

Caution is advised when dealing with such mysterious claims by mysterious claimants.

I was told the m6 is an ODM product by a
renowned manufacturer - true or not.

Solution: give @Dsnuts a sturdy nutcracker and a camera, he has both models :wink:.

Good that you bring this up, we need more people like this who question everything that is suspicious and not just accept everything other people say on the internet.
1, I am more of a lurker on this forum and I rarely post, I only post when I feel like it. Hence you can see that I joined since 2015 but do not have much comments.
2. I am not sure what happened about not being able to be reached through PMs, as I have never received any pm's from other people unless I have started the pm myself. My recent PMs were with @Dsnuts ,@Podster ,@darkwing ,@hakuzen ,@antdroid @B9Scrambler . (At least these people can testify that I have had some chat with them through PM)
3. I actually fully agree with you that I myself do find it weird that they use XXXX to refer to the M6. Throughout my conversation, i keep referring the "NICEHCK M6" while he just mention "clone".
4. no comment, they could very possibly have the same inner design/construction , no comment on this until someone is able to prove it.
5. you got this mistaken. I asked Gary if there's any prove he can give me regarding the BGVP drivers were made by knowles, He said the prove cannot be disclosed (which I assumed is the contract between knowles and BGVP), that Gary cannot disclose. (I actually mentioned this in another comment of mine, here

At this point of time, i am just trying to gather and share BGVP's side of the story . In no way I can 100% be sure that BGVP's gary or NICEHCK's jim is correct. We as the consumers just have to decide with our ears.

I just asked him and Gary said if this OEM really make BGVP, please ask them to show some prove or contract that they are infact making BGVP.

He also did say that there should be a difference because of the difference in the drivers used ( one is using knowles custom-made driver while one is using local chinese made driver), He highly recommend someone to do a teardown comparison.

and here

No, he didn't mention about knowles prevent BGVP from using their name. He just mentioned that BGVP didn't use knowles' name because they slapped on the bgvp branding on the drivers. What he cannot show, is the prove that these BGVP drivers are made by knowles, (I think he meant that he cannot show me the contract between BGVP and knowles.)
Let me give you the exact conversation( after I translate it to english)
Me: Gary , is BGVP's driver made by knowles?
G: yes, it is a custom order from knowles.
Me: But there is no knowles logo on the BA driver?
G: Yes, because we slapped on our BGVP logo instead. That's why we didn't mention about knowles in our promotion material.
Me; Is there anything that can prove that the drivers are made by knowles?
G: This involves some non-disclosure agreement, so I am unable to provide it to you. Our future products will mention about knowles drivers. Like I said previously, I suggest you guys to do a teardown comparison.

6. No comment on this, I can't possibly take a knife to ask him to do the teardown.
7,8 no comment.

Again, NONE of the thing that I posted is written by me( i refer to the pictures and the documents). I am not a reviewer and I don't sell any products. I have 0 gain from this and I have 0 bias. I used my own personal time to contact BGVP and translate the conversation into a post and also uploaded the picture by transferring from my wechat/taobao app.

None of you have to listen to what I said, I am just a nobody who is interested in this topic regarding M6 and DMG.
@Otto Motor and @Dsnuts have gotten one side of the story from the seller of M6 while I simply got the other side of the story from the boss of BGVP. You can try to contact the boss yourself by going to the taobao website and find this seller : BGVP电声. Have a chat with him yourself if you can type and read chinese.

While I appreciate constructive discussion on this, I will say that I do not enjoy the tone that @Otto Motor used while you try to get more information. You can refer me as someone new /inexperienced to the forum but when you say mysterious claimant... Hmm, let's just say I don't appreciate that cause it sounds to me that you are saying i am a suspicious character giving false claims. Maybe i am just too sensitive as it has been a long day for me.

Lastly, I agree that someone should go ahead and crack these two earphones up to do a comparison. :)

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #40,399 of 99,937
I appreciate @aspire5550 reaching out to BGVP to get some clarity about the DMG vs the M6. But to be honest how many so called "clones" are we seeing in the Chinese market anyway. I mean is there an actual patent type law in China? If so what good does it do? If you can make a fake Apple store look not only identical to an actual Apple store with computers and phones that look exactly like Apple products. That pretty much says it all.

I appreciate all the guys that contribute to digging out the truth and I know some of this stuff might be foreign to western sensitivities but there is a whole different set of rules when it comes to making earphones it seems in China. To me regardless of what driver is used and who the earphones are from.,I am all for improving things.

So if the M6 is a copy of the DMG. It is a damn good one.

Dec 4, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #40,400 of 99,937
So I got a message from Jim this morning. He is doing the head-fier code again for a nice $25 discount on the M6.

For headfiers only. 11.11 price on the M6. Very nice. Also to differentiate the products I will create a new M6 thread. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/nicehck-m6-new-6-driver-hybrid.894720/

Owners of the M6 can post their impressions on what cable change does for the sound.

Dec 4, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #40,401 of 99,937
I myself appreciate anyone who tries to get to the truth about anything period and one should never be shunned for an earnest attempt no matter the outcome:wink: I also believe their is really no honor among copies, clones or a one off attempt/s by any given designer in China as long as the product sounds good I'm willing to pay for it. Just like the iPhone scenario 90% of all the products are made in China and it's a good chance the copies/clones come off the same production line at some point:thinking: If the M6 sounds as good as the DMG I'm all for it and of course to me they both look very nice. Love my DMG and probably don't need the M6 however (Nice is making a killer offer at 100 bones) Pod does not have a nice green iem outside of my ZS6's:scream: In the meantime I'm having an "Extreme Plana-Mo" day here at the Ponderosa:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: The word Discovery covers a lot of territory my fellow Head-Fier's:beerchug:

Extreme Plana-Mo.JPG

Dec 4, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #40,402 of 99,937
I appreciate @aspire5550 reaching out to BGVP to get some clarity about the DMG vs the M6. But to be honest how many so called "clones" are we seeing in the Chinese market anyway. I mean is there an actual patent type law in China? If so what good does it do? If you can make a fake Apple store look not only identical to an actual Apple store with computers and phones that look exactly like Apple products. That pretty much says it all.

I appreciate all the guys that contribute to digging out the truth and I know some of this stuff might be foreign to western sensitivities but there is a whole different set of rules when it comes to making earphones it seems in China. To me regardless of what driver is used and who the earphones are from.,I am all for improving things.

So if the M6 is a copy of the DMG. It is a damn good one.
I think the patent law in china is quite loose or even non existent.

Anyway, to me, I don't really care if it is a clone or not a clone, if M6 can copy the DMG and sound similar or even better, at a cheaper price. Then that is a reason for us to get excited, It means technology is improving and china can do similar things for a cheaper price. Imagine a CA Andromeda but at half the price?:grin:

Either that, or BGVP has a larger profit margin? :)

Dec 4, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #40,403 of 99,937
tenor.gif

Wholy Smokes!.

So my spidey senses were more than correct. There is a reason why these earphones are getting unanimous 5 star ratings on NiceHCK..

I skipped the standard SPC cable these comes with and went directly for the all silver. To be fair if an earphone jives with the all silver cable it brings up the sonics to a different level of sonics than they throw out so take this initial impression knowing this. I will throw on the stock cable and hear them and revaluate how these sound but.

Damn fellas!! These things are masterful. I am listening to them out of my Cayin N5ii in balanced mode and they sound absolutely superb out of the box! Sound has a maturity and space that just encompass the hearing.

Never in my wildest thoughts did I think these were gonna sound this nice. Maybe that is why this shop is called NiceHCK. Cus the sound is so damn NICE! lol.

Yes I can confirm. These sound even nicer than they look. Absolutely superb!! And I haven't even burned them in!

Stunning rendition of vocals. The guy who wrote that these are rich and clear. He got that right. The sound has everything going for it. Smoothness. Fullness, extremely layered, detailed, wide deeeeep and I mean deeeeep sounding. Sounds like your in a big room full of high end speakers. I can clearly tell every single BA in the housing is blasting at full capacity. It has one of the deepest sounds I have heard for an earphone. Very engulfing surround type sound that just lets you know your hearing something special. I have a stupid grin on my face as I type.

Will let them burn in for a night and see where they go. But for now I am VERY IMPRESSED!!

Which ones are these? I'm sorry I haven't been following the thread closely.

Dec 4, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #40,404 of 99,937
haha that was the HK6. Which in discovery time has passed. Current phones are the NiceHCK M6. This being said I was listening to my HK6 on my newly acquire Pioneer XDP-30r and I have to say it sounds fantastic through the dap. To catch you up the NiceHCK M6 is a clone of the BGVP DMGs. But also has some minor tweaks done to the sonics.

Dec 4, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #40,405 of 99,937
Hi, I'm looking for a clear LZ-A4 improvement.
Something special. Not tunable (no problem with it, but not looking for now). If I need tunning because certain music needs a signature that I have not phones, the A4s. always make me happy. I've been reading about AKG N40s, ATH-CKR100is, HK6 and others (not sure if will have enough bufget, I think 400€ for sure, but IT04s too). I'm looking for easy engaing sound. That sensation when you put on an iem for the very first time and it makes you smile. I like music to have body, texture, maybe a bit warm, but very clear and spatious. I listen often to musical dense tracks and hate congestion the most. If I try to be really concrete, I'd say 3D, openess sensation, engaging bass and good timbre. Soundstage size, isolation, aesthetics... They're not important.
Oh! All my cables are mmcx, but not real mind changing.
I have near zero experience with IEMs at this rice range :frowning2: If someone can help me, it will be much apreciated!

PS- If you honestly think that there's an IEM between 300€-400€ that offers clearly more than price says, please let me know too ^_^ thx!

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #40,406 of 99,937
Hi, I'm looking for a clear LZ-A4 improvement.
Something special. Not tunable (no problem with it, but not looking for now). If I need tunning because certain music needs a signature that I have not phones, the A4s. always make me happy. I've been reading about AKG N40s, ATH-CKR100is, HK6 and others (not sure if will have enough bufget, I think 400€ for sure, but IT04s too). I'm looking for easy engaing sound. That sensation when you put on an iem for the very first time and it makes you smile. I like music to have body, texture, maybe a bit warm, but very clear and spatious. I listen often to musical dense tracks and hate congestion the most. If I try to be really concrete, I'd say 3D, openess sensation, engaging bass and good timbre. Soundstage size, isolation, aesthetics... They're not important.
Oh! All my cables are mmcx, but not real mind changing.
I have near zero experience with IEMs at this rice range :frowning2: If someone can help me, it will be much apreciated!

PS- If you honestly think that there's an IEM between 300€-400€ that offers clearly more than price says, please let me know too ^_^ thx!
Its called the NC5v2 by NCM. Please look it up before making a decision. :)

Dec 4, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #40,407 of 99,937
Dec 4, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #40,408 of 99,937
Its called the NC5v2 by NCM. Please look it up before making a decision. :)

Men, you maybe did my life much more easier xD I'm not sure if I can afford them, but at first they seem to be what I was looking for. A couple of questions if I can.
Regarding universals... Have you tried them, or only custom version? Is the fit "universal" enough?
Another point is, at this time I use Xiaomi RedMI Note 5 for audio (very competent with A4s), but I'm planning to get hands on G7 or equal soon *and that's why every euro to the phones, limits my smartphone options :darthsmile:
Thanks!

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #40,409 of 99,937
Men, you maybe did my life much more easier xD I'm not sure if I can afford them, but at first they seem to be what I was looking for. A couple of questions if I can.
Regarding universals... Have you tried them, or only custom version? Is the fit "universal" enough?
Another point is, at this time I use Xiaomi RedMI Note 5 for audio (very competent with A4s), but I'm planning to get hands on G7 or equal soon *and that's why every euro to the phones, limits my smartphone options :darthsmile:
Thanks!

Well I just provided a little HBO for you but @superuser1 nailed what you were looking for by your preference and he can probably answer your question, good luck with whatever you choose:beerchug: By the way, I concur the A4's are a great all around iem:grin:

A4 Opy1 Balanced.JPG

Dec 4, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #40,410 of 99,937
Another thing although relatively minor detail but some of the specs are slightly different, could be how they were measured/what frequency referenced.
M6
17ohm
106db

DMG
18ohm
110db

Another DMG listing-I don't think this is correct
28ohm
108db

Either way BGVP or M6 I really do like almost everything about this earphone, the fit, the cable (just wish there was a mic version for advancing tracks), the sound signature, the fit I think wins over so much that my other current favorites like the ETY HF3 and BQEYZ KC2 are hard to gravitate towards. The KC2 has a little more subbass extension it seems with less midbass and the treble presence is greater as well, but the M6 treble is smoother and overall due to the elevated bass it does sound warmer. I always fight to keep the KC2 in position my right ear always wants to let loose, the M6 just pops in and stays. Good job on the ergonomics.

I took a picture of the inside the best I could without destruction, it looks very similar if not identical to B9scramblers picture.
IMG_3030.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back