The discovery thread!
Jan 16, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #19,231 of 102,870
Jan 16, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #19,234 of 102,870
Thanks for a great write-up meng! I know we could count on you... It's kinda sad that these don't sound like the ckn70. I was kinda hoping it was with a bit smoother highs because I loved that AT sound except it was just a little bit too bright for my ears.

^ Same here as well, i would have never sold my CKN70s if it weren't for the bright/harsh treble, sigh. I don't miss them but still they sound pretty bad @ss.

Hmmm after i feed these Micro Rings into my Audinst HUD-MX1 DAC/amp i just got which is supposedly REALLY neutral, the bass boomy bass quantity is tamed quite a bit, so more clarity comes through, BUT their mids is a bit dry esp. compared to that crazy lush ones of the CKN70s. So these KZ Micro Rings is for sure missing dat lushness and higher resolution/ definition of CNT micro driver like the CKN70s.

They have pretty good detail but just don't give off that sense of HD sound as ATH/ JVCs CNT micro driver lineup. But for $10 these are pretty bad @ss if you want pretty big bass with good micro details. Nothing really feels lacking just the boomy bass gets in the way of the mids and highs a bit. Nothing major though, cuz these sound crazy fun.
L3000.gif

As of now not as good as the LG QB2s, hmmmm these are kinda like the basshead versions of the Deltas a bit. LMAO
rolleyes.gif

Damn mochill, how many phones do you own?

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many for his own good, would be funny as hell if i told ya'll what he PMed me, but i ain't gonna go there. haha
tongue.gif

Nice read, meng! You use Taobao? Never thought about that, but these look pretty neat for 10 bucks. But why does the Taobao page say this?

注意:此款为非卖品 Note: This is not for sale

D'uhhhhh....What?

Nah i didn't get them from Taobao, bhazard hooked me up with his 1st set for $10 since he is getting another set for free with his other orders.

1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/8/89/100x100px-LS-894ecd53_SAM_1104.jpeg[/img]
  1. thatBeatsguy
  2. badge_500.v1413585573.png
  4. online
  1. 627 Posts. Joined 5/2013
  2. Location: Suzhou, Jiangsu, China

Too much XD

Got like 8 items in the past two weeks :smiley:

Got the hm5 yesterday as well

Most likely :sunglasses:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai  

You noob. Sf will remind you to use forum post etiquette.

^ Well played!!!

Jan 16, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #19,235 of 102,870

They have pretty good detail but just don't give off that sense of HD sound as ATH/ JVCs CNT micro driver lineup. But for $10 these are pretty bad @ss if you want pretty big bass with good micro details. Nothing really feels lacking just the boomy bass gets in the way of the mids and highs a bit. Nothing major though, cuz these sound crazy fun.
L3000.gif

As of now not as good as the LG QB2s, hmmmm these are kinda like the basshead versions of the Deltas a bit. LMAO
rolleyes.gif

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many for his own good, would be funny as hell if i told ya'll what he PMed me, but i ain't gonna go there. haha
tongue.gif

Nah i didn't get them from Taobao, bhazard hooked me up with his 1st set for $10 since he is getting another set for free with his other orders.

^ Well played!!!

Why, thank you, Mista' Walsa. I guess that's one way to avoid getting flagged.

Jan 16, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #19,237 of 102,870

Oh btw it's pronounced Walker, as in.......

... going Chuck Norris up in this beyatch!!!
cool.gif
Better recognize. hoho : P

edit: For those that didn't get the reference....

Alright, Masa' Walka. Sound better? Sadly, I don't recognize, as I was only born 14 years ago.

Oh, right, I almost forgot. For those of you who think that the Pistons have tad too short of a cable, I present to you Exhibit A:

You will want to view the entire images. They're really big. The cable I used is a Razer Kraken extender/splitter cable, which comes with the headphones. I will review them pretty soon, have them up for review, and place them on my sig. I will also review the Beats Pro and place the review on my sig as well. All should be done before the end of next month. The solution I gave above is an easy way to extend the cables of most if not all headphones for your MP3 player without getting too cumbersome. The extension could reach up to an extra 6 feet, so that should be more than enough for your extension needs.

Jan 16, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #19,240 of 102,870
Feeling some a new IEM on the cheap and the Piston sounds fun. 

Been a while since I caught up on the thread, remembering why it's one of my favorites.

I'd rather pay $15 than the $30, but I want the real deal and not fakes. 

Also, new model vs old?

Anyway, if someone could please point me in the right direction. 

Jan 16, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #19,241 of 102,870
Feeling some a new IEM on the cheap and the Piston sounds fun. 

Been a while since I caught up on the thread, remembering why it's one of my favorites.

I'd rather pay $15 than the $30, but I want the real deal and not fakes. 

Also, new model vs old?

Anyway, if someone could please point me in the right direction. 

Absolutely the NEW. The gold version. 2.0. Those are the ones with the Beryllium driver . Let me give you the link to the guy I got my authentic and amazing Piston from, delivered with a tracking number and quick delivery

http://bit.ly/1gOqiMM

And the one I believe bhazard used or one of the others who got legits?? Maybe Peter?

http://bit.ly/19w1tpy

The seller I got mine from has raised his price, so I think the hype train is doing to the Pistons pricing what it did for the MH1C??

Jan 16, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #19,243 of 102,870
Originally Posted by sfwalcer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

^ wait wait wait almost forgot to ask this, what you mean i might not like the H-3s??? Is their bass quality more of the smooth silky type as compared to the more punchy ones with great slam that i prefer??? 

Do enlighten me please.
ksc75smile.gif

Okay sf, I just went through a vigorous A/Bing with the daft punk Doing it right, Ace hood's bugatti song, and one of my favorite video game music for rumble, thumps, and subbass goodness.

Ace Hood Bugatti

KEF M200

Ace Hood Bugatti - When I heard the first thumps from what sounding like a car's subwoofer, I thought the punch was okay at best, and due to the lushness of the bass, it was hard to hear some clarity from the thumping and beats that I heard from his $1.2 million car. As the song continues, the bass quality was good and lush, but my ears craved for some power, some clarity from the bass that could signify the power that is bass!

Sony H-3s

Ace Hood Bugatti - NOT as lush and smooth as I thought, the thumps and the car's "woofing" has more clarity in the subbass region, and I could clearly feel the rumble better than the m200's. I could clearly become immersed by the thrill of the run from the bass impact throughout the song. If I had to use a tool to compare the two, the thumps you feel when hitting the desk with your fist is weaker and not as solid compared to a and a liquid filled bottle hitting the desk, you can tell that the bottle's solid structure has a tighter and clearer output of that thump you want, and that's what the sony h-3s do. to make you believe that the h-3s are good enough for your bassy music. 

It's not a huge difference, but it is a difference easy to spot with a good ear, mine is alright and I almost thought they were similar, but the sony's bass isn't as lush and instead, clearer as well as punchier than the m200s. I'd say about... 

h-3 thump and rumble >> Kef's

This much. This also goes with the bass impact as well. Though, to be honest, the impact levels were similar, but the h-3s were harder impacts due to its clarity, the same goes for the songs below.

BFM - OST

@35:35

M200's rumbly subbass: I heard only bass, obviously as the song intended that, and the rumble power was great imo, I definintely heard the lush present in this game song, but I didn't mind, as long as I felt the ear massage that I craved for. Unfortunately, the volume had to be a LOT louder than the h-3s to match the dbs, and I'd say it's almost a tie.

H-3's subbass: Same as above, but I did hear a good deal of clarity. The fullness was similar to the m200's, but the m200's bass was a bit more in your face with that full lushness that is presented, but the h3's sound controlled, but a bit muddy. That doesn't mean it loses to the kefs, as the clarity outpaces the m200's, it isn't razor sharp, but it is sharper than what the m200 delivered.

Daft Punk Doing it right

M200's subbass and punch - I have to say, I always thought the kefs did it correctly in this recording. The bass was full, it was subtle at first, and then aggrandized itself with its intimidating rumble prowess. Unfortunately, I do hear the thumps pretty weak due to the thickness of the bass

H-3's subbass and punch - With these, I feel as though I heard a new level of refinement. The bass isn't as silky as the m200's (I retract my statement about it sounding satin, as it is not even close to that, and it's barely silky), but it is powerful and articulate in its notes. I do hear a bit of muddly bass, but not much. The hits were not powerful enough to threaten my ears and chest, but it was better in its delivery of a sense of power than the kef's. The kef's didn't have that nice thump that I would have liked to hear from an iem, and like the m200s, the h-3s also sounded full with just the right amount to keep the bass powerful enough to satiate a basshead.

At least, some bassheads. I feel as though there is an iem that can deliver more crisper and stronger bass impact, I hope I get to hear that one day, but at the moment, I take back what I said about the h3s being soft. It must have been my disappointing in hearing nearly no bass in some songs, but then again, that is a greaat thing. It adjusts itself to the recording. The Jpop I listen to doesn't have that much bass, and so the h-3s will deliver exactly what was recorded without a problem.

I hope that was good, if not, I will improve it and continue to A/B them.

I'm also adding more songs soon. These were not the only ones. I also listened to Mr.porter's 'Wassup' and Kavinsky's Protovision. The thumps weren't as immersive as I hoped, but it is the recording's original bass levvels that prevented both the kefs and h-3s to show my ears which had the better clarity.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the strength of kicks and thumps and the bass impact eespecially, sf. Only if it was the same price as the kefs, however. The mids and highs are astoundingly different, as they are what embody the sonys, along with its great bass.

Going to bed, see you guys, and hopefully you guys can enjoy a good day tomorrow.

Jan 16, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #19,244 of 102,870
Absolutely the NEW. The gold version. 2.0. Those are the ones with the Beryllium driver . Let me give you the link to the guy I got my authentic and amazing Piston from, delivered with a tracking number and quick delivery

http://bit.ly/1gOqiMM

And the one I believe bhazard used or one of the others who got legits?? Maybe Peter?

http://bit.ly/19w1tpy

The seller I got mine from has raised his price, so I think the hype train is doing to the Pistons pricing what it did for the MH1C??

^ The cheapest/ most legit place to get them is here:
http://www.ibuygou.com/p-original_xiaomi_piston_earphone_updated_version_brown-5708-usd.html

Though free shipping is kinda slow, but should be no problem.

Thanks guy. I appreciate it. I happened upon 2 of those 3 links. Just wasn't quite sure which I should go with. 

New-itis seems to hit me every month or so. After customs, an X3 and a few others I need to pull in the reins a bit. 

Jan 16, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #19,245 of 102,870
Nice to see Eric returning to an "old" hyped phone - although the upgraditis ladder does go up much of the time, getting out a phone that's long lost the "new toy" charm and been relegated to the drawer can sometimes put things in perspective, and remind us that we shouldn't neglect them simply because the novelty has worn off. I think that when one's collecting as vigorously as some of us here, there are always past acquisitions to rediscover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back