The discovery thread!
Jan 15, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #19,216 of 106,567
1+
I have to say, and have before, that I had the same problems with the KEF (first fit, then, when I got them to stay in, the Left side went out on me). It doesn't make them bad sounding, did like them the short time I could listen to them, but I've also seen more than 1 post about quality problems.
Onkyos are really nice iems, also said this before, but I don't think they get enough love around here, FOTM for a very short while (not close to the ink shed on the Pistons...I'm burning these, along with my replacement Gratitudes, like them, great buy for the price.
Mikros 90-great buy, period, not just for the price. Take the discount into account, really a steal.
May go for the mdr 7550s, the good doctor has good ears...

Just have fun, folks, "it's only Rock n' Roll, but I like it..."

GLAD you are enjoying a variety of IEMS esp the Gratitudes and headphone wise the Micros 90!  Remember on the 7550s that they are a "studio" indoor headphone, don't seal out the wind or rain
and protrude a lot from your ear.  the sound is clean and magnificent, not colored at al.  the treble is slightly rolled off but still has sparkle, but isn't the WOW, apparently, of the mdr1000s, which are also 3 times the price
but made of metal   but if you can get a 7550 under 200$ that you can audition and return if you don't like the sound signature, its worth the investment in time energy and money., perhaps a "discovery" for one doctor jazz!

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #19,217 of 106,567
Hmmm seems that my KZ Micro Rings were already delivered today. Just popped them into my ears and is sad to report that they sound anything like the ATH CKN70s, the CKN70s has much better resolution, with more micro details, better control of bass and overall better bass quality AND DAT CRAZIER TREBLE EXTENSION!!! LMAO

These KZ Micro Rings has surprising big bass quantity, quality is pretty decent but is indeed a bit too boomy so it gets in the way of the rest of the sonic spectrum. They are fun sounding for sure and seems to be pretty technically capable but is not in the same league as the CKN70s sonically.

The bass hits harder than the LG QB2s which makes it seem like it has more in quantity, but both seems to be on par. Bass quantity goes to the Micro rings but quality for both is a bit lacking. These sound more basshead than the LG QB2s for sure, but overall clarity goes to the LG QB2. Yeppp these ZK Micro Rings is pretty basshead worthy. LoL

For $10 they sounds pretty damn nice but i wouldn't say they blow the LG BQ2s outta' the water though. Oh and they have a regular Y-split cable which is MUCH MUCH better quality/ less rubbery/ springy than the real ATH CKN70s. LMAO Phewwww!!!

As of now, which is literally like 20 mins in, the LG QB2s sounds more refined overall, but these Micro Rings ain't that far behind. Not bad not bad.....

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3.w4002-218018788.35.pfBSHO&id=36694031589

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #19,218 of 106,567
Keep my eyes peeled...$250-300 where I checked today, have to catch the right moment.
"new" Gratitudes, sounded tizzy, harsh out of the box, burned in about 12 hours, tamed highs, open, detailed...y'know, these ain't bad.
Gotta crash, busy day tomorrow, already too late, later...

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #19,219 of 106,567
this thread is moving fast.
the xiaomi seem like they may just be hype, but the Havi B3 Pro look very interesting. any impressions around here?
where would one even buy the havi pro... and are the xiaomi that good?

The Pistons are not just hype. How did you get that from the previous posts? Most people are saying they are in fact legit and awesome. Hardly anyone's said anything about the B3 because the majority of us who ordered them haven't received them yet. Some do have the B3, but not sure if they are the Pro or Enhanced versions? The Piston is a legit heavyweight.

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #19,220 of 106,567
  this thread is moving fast.
the xiaomi seem like they may just be hype, but the Havi B3 Pro look very interesting. any impressions around here?
where would one even buy the havi pro... and are the xiaomi that good?

When you're looking for the Havi B3, talk to Bhazard. He's your man.

But he said not to buy any, since they [the sellers] seem to have stopped selling the Pro as of late.

The Xiaomi is great, and you wouldn't be disappointed. What're you lookin' for in a budget earphone? 

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #19,221 of 106,567
Hmmm seems that my KZ Micro Rings were already delivered today. Just popped them into my ears and is sad to report that they sound anything like the ATH CKN70s, the CKN70s has much better resolution, with more micro details, better control of bass and overall better bass quality AND DAT CRAZIER TREBLE EXTENSION!!! LMAO

These KZ Micro Rings has surprising big bass quantity, quality is pretty decent but is indeed a bit too boomy so it gets in the way of the rest of the sonic spectrum. They are fun sounding for sure and seems to be pretty technically capable but is not in the same league as the CKN70s sonically.

The bass hits harder than the LG QB2s which makes it seem like it has more in quantity, but both seems to be on par. Bass quantity goes to the Micro rings but quality for both is a bit lacking. These sound more basshead than the LG QB2s for sure, but overall clarity goes to the LG QB2. Yeppp these ZK Micro Rings is pretty basshead worthy. LoL

For $10 they sounds pretty damn nice but i wouldn't say they blow the LG BQ2s outta' the water though. Oh and they have a regular Y-split cable which is MUCH MUCH better quality/ less rubbery/ springy than the real ATH CKN70s. LMAO Phewwww!!!

As of now, which is literally like 20 mins in, the LG QB2s sounds more refined overall, but these Micro Rings ain't that far behind. Not bad not bad.....

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3.w4002-218018788.35.pfBSHO&id=36694031589

Thanks for a great write-up meng! I know we could count on you... It's kinda sad that these don't sound like the ckn70. I was kinda hoping it was with a bit smoother highs because I loved that AT sound except it was just a little bit too bright for my ears.

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #19,222 of 106,567
 I think this clearly beats the MH1. I'm shocked to be typing that bud, but from what I'm hearing (until I can get home and A/B them). It beats them in clarity and transparency. Biggest criticism at this point? The tips are the worst and cheapest I've ever seen (already tore the one large one trying to put it on the nozzle). Im not too sure about the durability of the cable, but won't complain until it's a problem. Then again, for under $30, I probably won't complain at all and would buy another one (the sound is that good). I cannot believe the sound. Surpassing those great sounding cheapo JVCS and ATs easily!

Great! That really sounds promising ericp. I just hope the sound Sig isn't too v-shaped for my liking. Is it close to the mild v-shape Sig of the dn-1000?

Thanks heaps meng!

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #19,225 of 106,567

Nice read, meng! You use Taobao? Never thought about that, but these look pretty neat for 10 bucks. But why does the Taobao page say this?

注意:此款为非卖品 Note: This is not for sale

D'uhhhhh....What?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back