The discovery thread!
Jan 16, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #19,261 of 106,562
In oppsoite to some other(s) I really enjoy the Piston's direct from the Fiio X3, best match to my ears so far.

+1
Probably to do with us being in Europe and all that or sumthin'
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 16, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #19,262 of 106,562
What tips is everyone using with the Pistons? I only have the tips that came with my Carbo Bassos and some MEElec double flange ones. The MEElec ones seem to kill the bass but can't get a proper fit with the other tips, feels like they're not securely in my ears, probably due to the Pistons having larger nozzles?

So, need recommendations on tips that hopefully aren't double flange and will fit the Pistons. I usually use medium sized tips but have a feeling the Piston tips will need to be larger?

I bought a 3.5mm extender from eBay as well and when I plug the Pistons into it then into my PC, I can't hear the vocals. Dodgy extender perhaps? I need a 1M 3.5mm extension that will work properly. 

Jan 16, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #19,263 of 106,562
  I don't get the hype of the Sony MH1c, They're good in some area's (Instrument separation, detail) but I find them quite thin sounding and not as clear and balanced as the VSD1s. 

This is very strange. The MHC1 is one of the bassiest in-ears I own... These things are particularly sensitive to a proper seal and the right tips. I get horrible results with a single flange and the slightest movement of my jaw or head influences the overal sound. Double flange tips work much better. Really, you should try them with a proper seal. They are everything BUT thin. 

IF you're considering the GR07 and find the MHC1 too thin, you're in for major disappointment. The GR07 is a bass-light in-ear compared to the MHC1. I have both here at home and the MHC1 is much warmer. 

Jan 16, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #19,265 of 106,562
  What tips is everyone using with the Pistons? I only have the tips that came with my Carbo Bassos and some MEElec double flange ones. The MEElec ones seem to kill the bass but can't get a proper fit with the other tips, feels like they're not securely in my ears.

I bought a 3.5mm extender from eBay as well and when I plug the Pistons into it then into my PC, I can't hear the vocals. Dodgy extender perhaps? I need a 1M 3.5mm extension that will work properly.

I'm using the Ultimate Ears TF10 medium tips. Great treble and bass. Didn't care much for the Sony hybrids tbh.

Jan 16, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #19,268 of 106,562

Bought a bunch of those online from a shop in the UK some years ago . Will get back to you once I'm home if I can still find the email with the name of the shop.

I see. I like the look of the Pistons but wish the cable from the remote to the earbuds themselves was a bit longer. As I said though, I'll just have to find a small extender that actually works.

Jan 16, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #19,269 of 106,562
  What tips is everyone using with the Pistons? I only have the tips that came with my Carbo Bassos and some MEElec double flange ones. The MEElec ones seem to kill the bass but can't get a proper fit with the other tips, feels like they're not securely in my ears, probably due to the Pistons having larger nozzles?

So, need recommendations on tips that hopefully aren't double flange and will fit the Pistons. I usually use medium sized tips but have a feeling the Piston tips will need to be larger?

I use the Sony hybrids (or maybe the Vsonic version og them, not sure) and I'm very happy with them.

Definitely sounds like there's a problem with your extension cable.

Jan 16, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #19,271 of 106,562

I use some stout double-flanges. I think I just showed them in that image I posted hours ago.

Jan 16, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #19,272 of 106,562
  I use the Sony hybrids (or maybe the Vsonic version og them, not sure) and I'm very happy with them.

Definitely sounds like there's a problem with your extension cable.

Did you get them with the earbuds themselves or did you buy them elsewhere? Looking for somewhere preferably in Europe to buy some tips that will fit and not ruin the sound.

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #19,275 of 106,562

Thanks guy. I appreciate it. I happened upon 2 of those 3 links. Just wasn't quite sure which I should go with. 

New-itis seems to hit me every month or so. After customs, an X3 and a few others I need to pull in the reins a bit. 

I bought mine from ibuygou.com. And I think it's cheaper than it was a month ago. It took me a little over 30 days to receive it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back