The discovery thread!
Nov 30, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #45,423 of 102,668
Had bought them nevertheless. Can't rationally explain "why?", but those triple-DD config and, ahem, questionable design just captivated my attention. I perceive some noble madness within it.

Ah! For me it's the opposite, the design looks like something meant for a 50 yo who drives a Mercedes coupe and wears a rollex because he both wants to look like he's still young but at the same time wants to show off his wealth. Complete turn-off. The guy probably wants to look like an audiophile but has in fact no idea, if the cable was removable he'd shell 200$ for a fancy one and claim it improves soundstage on OK Computer (totally not mainstream...), using MQA highest unfold setting of course, which sounds better than the original Masters in 24/192.

Here's a picture of that guy
a9NSbnd.jpg

Disclaimer : I like to troll a bit now and then, don't take it seriously.

Nov 30, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #45,425 of 102,668
Dont forget the LZ A6 mini!

Or the Rosewill EX-500, Artiste DC1, etc.

In fact, I seem to remember the DC1 was the FIRST ceramic piezo hybrid. It came out of nowhere, and we are all like 'whoa, what is this new alien technology?!?'

Nov 30, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #45,427 of 102,668
Or the Rosewill EX-500, Artiste DC1, etc.

In fact, I seem to remember the DC1 was the FIRST ceramic piezo hybrid. It came out of nowhere, and we are all like 'whoa, what is this new alien technology?!?'

Were Elecom IEMs before (and they are some imitation, I beleive(?)?
Piezo buzzers are around forever.
Piezo can provide most accurate displacements through out all the audible range and beyond. If someone will work out the displacement-per-voltage limitation with some lever-like system - it can be the total IEM winner.

Nov 30, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #45,428 of 102,668
Were Elecom IEMs before (and they are some imitation, I beleive(?)?
Piezo buzzers are around forever.
Piezo can provide most accurate displacements through out all the audible range and beyond. If someone will work out the displacement-per-voltage limitation with some lever-like system - it can be the total IEM winner.

You are correct, piezo buzzers have been around for a long time. Every annoying beep from a smoke alarm, pager, car seat belt chime, and a million other things are all thanks to our little friend the piezo.

They just were never used as treble drivers in headphones/earphones until recently.

Nov 30, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #45,429 of 102,668
Discover the KBEAR Diamond i1: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kbear-diamond-i1.24067/

Yep, they changed the name back from Trident because KBEAR is an official Head-Fi sponsor.
BUT: wrong cable in the pics...will be a grey OFC one...will have to wait for the latest round of photos.

2.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #45,431 of 102,668
And I tell you something: this morning I carefully compared the latest betas to make sure there is not too much bass in the final selection (after the bickering on this thread). And it was the right choice of filters in the end. The leaner, more audiophile tuning threw the image out of balance and made it flat. This is a great sounding earphone with the right accessories (best cable in town). Take this, Tin Hifi T4 :smile_phones:!

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #45,432 of 102,668
My Dunu DM-380 has arrived. As good as Urbanfun ISS014, with slightly less bass and slightly more treble. The sound is subtle and nuanced, reminding me of Shuoer Tape without that 3kHz peak.

DM-380 (Harman done right) and ISS014 (Harman with more bass and less treble) are now the best under $50 for me.
The second tier includes:
  • Blon BL-03 (Harman with less treble and good soundstage)
  • Semkarch CNT-1 (L-shape with a lot a bass and resolving mid-treble)
  • SF **** (flat and detailed)
  • SF **** Pro (slightly more V-shaped than Harman with a lot of bass rumble and 8kHz peak)
  • Tanchjim Cora (Harman with excellent bass and maybe too safe treble)
  • TRN V90 (more bass than Harman with recessed mid, very fun sound)
But your order could be different.
bd7eff9424_grande.png

This DM-380 doesn't seem very Harman-esque unless I'm looking at the wrong product.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dunu-dm380-hybrid-earphones-review.917011/

Nov 30, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #45,433 of 102,668
You are correct, piezo buzzers have been around for a long time. Every annoying beep from a smoke alarm, pager, car seat belt chime, and a million other things are all thanks to our little friend the piezo.

They just were never used as treble drivers in headphones/earphones until recently.
True, although "crystal earpieces" were around for 50+ years but not renown for their quality of sound.

Nov 30, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #45,434 of 102,668
And I tell you something: this morning I carefully compared the latest betas to make sure there is not too much bass in the final selection (after the bickering on this thread). And it was the right choice of filters in the end. The leaner, more audiophile tuning threw the image out of balance and made it flat. This is a great sounding earphone with the right accessories (best cable in town). Take this, Tin Hifi T4 :smile_phones:!

Lol I'll take the "bickering" for myself, you shouldn't listen so much to drunk Friday ramblings and random trolling, but it the end maybe you should, it's probably for the better :)

What can I say, on the mockup, the nozzle looks off compared to the real picture, way too short you might want to have it redrawed, could be a turn-off.

Cable looks great now on the real picture. That sage green is lovely too.

I hate carbon fiber, we're audiophiles not frigging need for speed afficionados, but well I seem to be the only one thinking this so disregard.

Wishing you the best for this product, happy to see more competition in this DD segment. On watchlist.

Nov 30, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #45,435 of 102,668
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back