The discovery thread!
Nov 30, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #45,409 of 102,668
Cool, I'm looking for some cheap berrylium drivers to get and thought the shozy 1.1 and even more expensive dunu Titan 6 were my options.

I only see one store selling these, UF audio store, shop reviews are less than stellar. Any issues or did you get them elsewhere?

I think that is the only store.. UF is probably UrbanFun. I had no issues at all and have left positive feedback. Someone left one star and said there was no cable. When I opened my box... a huge box... I wondered for a second where was the cable. My husband said, "it is under this flap." LOL. Here is a photo The ear pieces were in the round case . Foam tips in that little rectangular metal case. Have to lift that little flap in the lower left to reveal the cable. I bet that guy does have a cable and doesn't know it. Hope he did not throw away the box already.

R0016030.JPG

How long/wide is the nozzle compared to BL-03? You don't had the issues with the former but for many it can be crucial.

Here is a photo showing the nozzles. UF on the left, Blon on the right. Very different. I had not even looked at the nozzle until you asked because I put them straight into my ears with the medium stock tip. Very good tips. Even if they do not work for you with this iem they could be useful with another. My husband already took the large pair from me.

Edited to try a better photo. I used my husband's silver Blon for the photo so it would match the UF better. I have the brown Blon which I use with Symbio Peel tips and a cable with no earhook because I wear mine down. This UF was extremely comfortable last night with the stock tips and stock MMCX cable. I had them in for about three hours without really feeling them.

R0016038.JPG

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #45,410 of 102,668
I think that is the only store.. UF is probably UrbanFun. I had no issues at all and have left positive feedback. Someone left one star and said there was no cable. When I opened my box... a huge box... I wondered for a second where was the cable. My husband said, "it is under this flap." LOL. Here is a photo The ear pieces were in the round case . Foam tips in that little rectangular metal case. Have to lift that little flap in the lower left to reveal the cable. I bet that guy does have a cable and doesn't know it. Hope he did not throw away the box already.

Here is a photo showing the nozzles. UF on the left, Blon on the right. Very different. I had not even looked at the nozzle until you asked because I put them straight into my ears with the medium stock tip. Very good tips. Even if they do not work for you with this iem they could be useful with another.

how is the sound?

Nov 30, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #45,411 of 102,668
My Dunu DM-380 has arrived. As good as Urbanfun ISS014, with slightly less bass and slightly more treble. The sound is subtle and nuanced, reminding me of Shuoer Tape without that 3kHz peak.

DM-380 (Harman done right) and ISS014 (Harman with more bass and less treble) are now the best under $50 for me.
The second tier includes:
  • Blon BL-03 (Harman with less treble and good soundstage)
  • Semkarch CNT-1 (L-shape with a lot a bass and resolving mid-treble)
  • SF **** (flat and detailed)
  • SF **** Pro (slightly more V-shaped than Harman with a lot of bass rumble and 8kHz peak)
  • Tanchjim Cora (Harman with excellent bass and maybe too safe treble)
  • TRN V90 (more bass than Harman with recessed mid, very fun sound)
But your order could be different.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #45,412 of 102,668
Yeah, no BA drivers though.... In theory the nx7 pro is more similar to the A6 than the A6 mini, for less than the price of the A6 mini... Filter options are that of the mini, but driver setup is more similar to the A6.

Assuming it sounds decent it makes the A6 mini a hard sell, and the A6 is probably not worth the incremental cost increase.

Basically, that's my excuse for not needing to buy the A6 now. I actually saved myself money by spending only $92 on it rather than buying the A6! See! That's how that works, right? Right!?!?! Yeah. That's right.
For Black Friday, Penon has the LZ A6 Mini on sale, $69.00 USD
https://penonaudio.com/lz-a6mini.html

Nov 30, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #45,416 of 102,668
How many piezo/DD combos with tuning filters do you two already own? Of course you don't NEED them, but yeah, you need them.

The price is no doubt a reality of the new competition in this category include the dt6pro, spring 1, nx7/pro, all that seemingly offer more for the money.... Maybe the price of the spring 1 will drop too.

Nov 30, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #45,417 of 102,668
How many piezo/DD combos with tuning filters do you two already own? Of course you don't NEED them, but yeah, you need them.

The price is no doubt a reality of the new competition in this category include the dt6pro, spring 1, nx7/pro, all that seemingly offer more for the money.... Maybe the price of the spring 1 will drop too.
Dont forget the LZ A6 mini!

Nov 30, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #45,418 of 102,668
My Dunu DM-380 has arrived. As good as Urbanfun ISS014, with slightly less bass and slightly more treble. The sound is subtle and nuanced, reminding me of Shuoer Tape without that 3kHz peak.

DM-380 (Harman done right) and ISS014 (Harman with more bass and less treble) are now the best under $50 for me.
The second tier includes:
  • Blon BL-03 (Harman with less treble and good soundstage)
  • Semkarch CNT-1 (L-shape with a lot a bass and resolving mid-treble)
  • SF **** (flat and detailed)
  • SF **** Pro (slightly more V-shaped than Harman with a lot of bass rumble and 8kHz peak)
  • Tanchjim Cora (Harman with excellent bass and maybe too safe treble)
  • TRN V90 (more bass than Harman with recessed mid, very fun sound)
But your order could be different.
Question on the DM380, is the cable not mmcx or 2 pin? I can't find in the description that it's replaceable but if it is it looks like mmcx.....

Might just wait for the dm480.... Definitely getting the UF isso14 though

Nov 30, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #45,419 of 102,668
Nov 30, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #45,420 of 102,668
Yeah, that's the one we're talking about that's now half off basically.
Bought them today :) Gonna take like a month to get them though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back