Producing Denon/Fostex headphone wood cups/leather comfort accessories in my spare time...(funds my mid-fi gear buying adventures)
You can contact me at - firstname.lastname@example.org
Love to find underdog audio equipment good for electronic music that punches above its weight/price class.
Signature I'm seeking -
solid slice of micro-detail, but not too clinical
rich/slightly darker tonality
controlled textured bottomless full & tight low-end
lush/liquid balanced mids
smooth marathon listening session non-fatiguing treble.
A balance of musicality and technicalities basically.....
Monoprice M1060C...seeing if it can replace 2C/2CB and free up cash for IEM gear...
Audeze Mobius..curious how it does with Netflix + cinema projector/ LDAC untethered.
SONY XBA-N1 hybrid IEMs....'speaker-like presentation'
****SOLD*** AUDEZE LCD-2CB (sacrificial lamb for funds to try out new FoTM hybrid IEMs/BA IEMs/new planar IEMs/planar cans)....
****SOLD*** AUDEZE LCD-2C (sold to try 2CB)...prefer mellower 2C...
****SOLD*** AUDEZE SINE ...glass ceiling and floor on these..kind of held back/safe tuning on them = boring and bad ergonomics courtersy of BMW Design....
****SOLD*** THIEAUDIO PHANTOM Planar Cans...nice first attempt, just not to my taste and need beyond basic gear to get them alive....
****SOLD*** SONY MDR-Z7 - Very very nice cans, but only want to hold 1 closed-back can...
****SOLD*** FOSTEX Tx0-RP Mk3 - Exotic wood DIY custom modification.
Tuning style - bass enhanced from stock tuning, mids neither forward or back with HM5 pads, treble spike (10-11Khz or so) tamed a bit
****SOLD*** DENON D2k - torn down/disassembled for ages.
****SOLD*** MODIFIED HiFiMAN HE-400
****SOLD*** MODIFIED NAD VISO HP-50
****SOLD*** AUDEZE LCD-2.1 (all-time fav. !!)
****SOLD*** SONY XBA-N1/N3 Owned 6 sets of each. (Will buy N1 again...smoother treble with bitey sabre DACs)
****SOLD*** Many many many hybrid IEMs..30+
Found cheap and solid design Sony XBA-N1 best for my taste so far....
Headphone Amp Inventory:
1) E1DA 9038S balanced DAC/AMP
Neco Soundlab -easily as good as Vorzug Pure II for IEMs
***SOLD*** iBasso PB2.
Transportable, but 5 watts desktop class amp. Great opamp rollers dream amp. LME49990/high current buffers best for my planars.
PLUS LPS 16 volt battery-powered clean linear discharge power solution.
***SOLD*** LIGHT HARMONIC GO1000 - transparent and dynamic, but lacking soul.Too cold and analytic.
1) MACBOOK AIR (Internal Cirrus Logic 4208-CRZ DAC/amp)
with Audirvana Plus 3.x.x + E1DA 9038S balanced DAC/AMP
2) Hiby App + E1DA 9038S balanced DAC/AMP
HFM SuperMini - suuuuuperb transparency and dynamics. Annoying basic GUI and various design issues. But sound way waaaaaay beyond its price.
4) iFi iPurifier 2 - liked what it was doing.
Blacker background/tighter timing/better imaging/resolution and 3D layering. This thing is not hype.
5) HRT microStreamer - (PCM1793 segemented current dac) lovely balance of naturalness/detail....really underrated.
6) CHORD MOJO - nice to try while I owned it. HRT microStreamer comes pretty close in SQ, like 95% close (last 5% is resolution/3D placement. Internal peak power I view separately from the DAC itself). Battery life short for the MOJO price....= power management/inefficient code issues or something....
7) ***TRADED*** BERESFORD BUSHMASTER MKII DAC/AMP - amazing little DAC/amp.Treble slightly ragged with some mastering.
8) AQ Jitterbug - did not work well with my audio chain ultimately. Bright/brittle metallic edginess was added to upper end which was shown with transparent opamps down the chain.
"Cable cautious" rather than "all out cable improvements believer".
I buy high quality DIY parts built for close to standard cable prices.
ANTI-CABLES 0.2M RCA-RCA
DIY 3-line 24AWG UP-OCC USB Cable (Data LINE-Only Modification)
TERADAK USB Data+Power Y-Merger Cable
PSA TYPE 6 LITZ INTERCONNECT with CRYO'd 3.5's
8-line balanced Sterling Silver IEM cable
1) Power strip with built-in noise suppression.
2) Ferrite clip-on barrels here-and-there
My custom baloon tyre mountain bike converted for single-speed city road thrashing loops madness.