***SOLD*** iBasso PB2.
Transportable, but 5 watts desktop class amp.
PLUS LPS 16 volt battery-powered clean linear discharge power solution.
***SOLD*** LIGHT HARMONIC GO1000 - transparent and dynamic, but lacking soul.Too cold and analytic.
1) MACBOOK AIR (Internal Cirrus Logic 4208-CRZ DAC/amp)
with Audirvana Plus 3.x.x
2) ES9038 DAC
3) ASUS ZENFONE 6" + UAPP
4) iFi iPurifier 2 - liked what it ass doing.
Blacker background/tighter timing/better imaging/resolution and 3D layering.
5) HRT microStreamer
6) CHORD MOJO - nice to try while I owned it. HRT microStreamer comes pretty close in SQ, like 95% close (last 5% is resolution/3D placement. Internal peak power I view separately from the DAC itself). Battery life short for the MOJO price....= power management inefficient code.
7) ***TRADED*** BERESFORD BUSHMASTER MKII DAC/AMP - amazing little DAC/amp.Treble slightly ragged with some mastering.
8) AQ Jitterbug - did not work well with my audio chain ultimately. Bright/brittle metallic edginess was added to upper end.
"Cable cautious" rather than "all out cable improvements believer".
I buy high quality DIY parts built for close to standard cable prices.
ANTI-CABLES 0.2M RCA-RCA
DIY 3-line 24AWG UP-OCC USB Cable (Data LINE-Only Modification)
TERADAK USB Data+Power Y-Merger Cable
PSA TYPE 6 LITZ INTERCONNECT with CRYO'd 3.5's
8-line balanced Sterling Silver IEM cable
1) Power strip with built-in noise suppression.
2) Ferrite clip-on barrels here-and-there
My custom front/rear suspension mountain bike converted for single-speed city road thrashing madness.