KBEAR Diamond i1

General Information

SPECS

Brand: KBEAR
Model name: KBEAR (Diamond) i1
Colour: Space gray with carbon fiber face-plate
Nominal impedance: 16 Ohm
Total Harmonic Distortion: <1%
Shell material: Aluminum alloy
Connector: 3.5mm straight jack
Price: $79

Two Head-Fiers assisted with the tuning and accessories selection [pro bono].

ATTENTION: The whole KBEAR Diamond package was assembled to work optimally out of the box. The idea was to avoid "upgrades" that add cost. I, a user, recommend to initially test the Diamond with the stock cable and the black stock tips...as the Diamonds were tuned like this. The drivers are extremely cable sensitive and I don't know why, but you can easily test this yourself. For example, attaching a pure copper cable thickens the sound substantially.

Available now from aliexpress and Tobao.

box.jpg

diamond-1.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg

Latest reviews

Pros: Very good build quality
Good materials
Accessories
Good cable
V-shape sound signature which goes deep enough in the low end, and has a very powerful high-end extension
Natural timbre in instruments
Above average soundstage
Very good performance for a single dynamic driver
Cons: Recessed mids can be a turn-off for those who care about the mid range and listen to vocal present music
Unnatural vocals can also turn off those who listen to vocals primarily
Can be fatiguing at times

KB EAR, or KBEAR as many call it, is a quickly growing Chinese company which specializes in In Ear Monitors. Whether you are a new-comer to the IEM market or a close follower, KBEAR Diamond should ring a bell. A single dynamic driver, to be exact, an 8.5 mm driver with a Diamond-Like-Carbon (DLC) coated diaphragm. But does it shine bright like a diamond?

An interesting thing about single dynamic driver IEM’s is that they can very well outperform a hybrid with multiple drivers. This comes at no surprise, because quantity never equaled quality. This is the case with the KBEAR Diamond, a very well polished product.

The more I get familiar with the company, the more I fall in love with what they are doing. To be quite honest with you, I am very excited to see what KBEAR has got for us in the future, because they are pretty impressive. Looking at the ever so growing Chinese market, there are way too many garbage products. This can be a common result of mass production, and when there is little attention to the product itself. Mass production is a logical strategy, and it works, you work in quantity within the margin of it being profitable. This often results in poor performance, and bad quality and accessories. KBEAR is one of the companies which I can see are taking what they do very seriously. From the packaging to the accessories, the Diamond is very well put together.

I was sent KBEAR Diamond free of charge by AK Audio store. I was required to write an honest review and not overstate the advantages. Everything said in this review is my opinion and how I feel about the Diamond. My opinion may have been influenced because I was required to put out the review in a certain time frame.

Unboxing experience -

When I received the Diamond, the first thing which popped up in my head was “Hm that’s a very nice box”. Now, of course we will not judge a book by its cover, nor will we judge the Diamond by its packaging, but I have to say that it feels like what you would get in your local tech store, like an official product. It doesn’t feel like a low quality Chinese product. One of the things which I have a problem with, is that many people associate China or Chi-Fi with something of lower quality, and that just isn’t right. Chinese Hi-Fi is getting quite serious, even though it has been serious for a long time already, I think that slowly but surely the Chinese Hi-Fi market, at least IEM market, is spreading towards the average people. More attention and recognition is being attracted, which is a good thing, as far as people learn to appreciate it.

Back onto track; I was very pleased to be met with a nice, firm and good quality box which had nice departments. I like how the foam tips are separated from the rest. Overall a hassle-free unboxing experience, exactly what you would want. It’s very interesting to see that KBEAR is neither cheating out on the packaging, nor the sound quality and overall quality of their products, that is one thing which caught my attention. Whether you are aware of it or not, packaging does cost, and depending on your connections and knowledge that cost can vary a lot, that’s why you see bad packaging a lot. It’s very embarrassing, because there are so many products with bad packaging.. but also bad product performance and quality too. So I am very happy to see a product and company which doesn’t fall into that category. It’s a very pleasant presentation, and I like what KBEAR is doing.

Smell -

Yes, you read it right. Before you go on to think that I’m insane for mentioning the smell, take a deep breath and let me explain. I think it’s a fun little thing to mention, because it’s always overlooked… not that it needs to be payed attention to, but I thought I’d mention it. There is no foul smell, and I always appreciate that. Sometimes, and we will not mention any names, the product smells horrific, and it ruins the overall experience. I don't know about you, but I personally cannot stand when a horrible smell hits me when opening a new product. KBEAR didn’t even have a bad smell... so all and all - Very good job KBEAR! We need to find an aspect which KBEAR didn't get right...

What’s in the box -

Many fail to include at least alright accessories, and I was very happy to finally see a practical carrying case alongside with normal accessories. It’s not as though it’s an innovation, but a very practical accessory. I personally hate pouches, and they are unfortunately the most common. Foam tips are very much appreciated at this price point, and they were my choice of preference. The carrying case is firm and sturdy, it’s very convenient and I would go as far as to say that it’s perfect.
Of course we will not forget the little guy: the cable tie. It’s a standard cable tie which has KBEAR branding on it.

Let’s put the accessories in a formal format:
1x S/M/L wide bore tips
1x S/M/L silicone tips (it feels more like XXS/S/L, yes you read this correctly)
2x foam tips
1x Velcro cable tie
1x Faux leather hard carrying case
1x 8-core silver plated copper cable (0.78mm 2-pin)

Design - Daniel Arsham, is this you?

If the “sage green” was just a couple of shades lighter, these would be the exact representation of how Daniel Arsham's in ear monitors would look like. I seriously love the design and overall color choice for the Diamond, it might be one of the most elegant and vintage pair of IEM’s I have come across yet. Their color palette is iconic, much like the one of Sennheiser HD 598. I would definitely want to see another pair of IEM’s with this color scheme (KBEAR take notes!), because it is well put together.

You may think that the drivers are larger judging by the size of the shells, however if you had a Hifiman RE-600s in your hands, you would know how small the driver actually is. Speaking of the shells, they feature a gold-plated copper nozzle which sits at an angle. I do have to admit that the shiny “gold-plated cooper nozzle” is VERY sexy. You know what else is sexy? That carbon fiber faceplate which sits under an epoxy-like layer. On the faceplate there is a KBEAR logo in a gold finish to match the nozzle.
I also appreciate that KBEAR made the decision to put use subtle branding on both the housing of the 3.5mm connector and the Y-splitter.

KBEAR didn’t have any intention to stop doing a great job.. so they included a good cable. The 8-core silver plated copper cable is of high flexibility, and of high quality. Everything about the cable is good: highly flexible, pre-formed ear hooks which are also very flexible, metal housing for the 3.5mm connector, metal housing for 2-pin connectors, metal housing for the Y-splitter, metal chin slider.. Speaking of the chin slider, another little guy which is overlooked. I will take the time to appreciate it and state what is good, and chin slider should be of no excuse. This is the best chin slider I have come across yet, and I hope KBEAR keeps using it. It has a hole for both “strands” of the cable, and there is a thin plastic which separates them. Usually the chin slider is a single ring which you just slide, and here it’s different, and it stays put in the place where you put it.. it won’t go anywhere unless you put force.

Diamond has two vents: a single vent located on the bottom side of the shell, and another vent on the nozzle.

Build quality - Built like a tank

By now everything about the Diamond has been good, and you might think that KBEAR might have messed up at least in one field. Well… no, it isn’t build quality, because KBEAR nailed it. I swear I am not sugar-coating anything, you simply cannot deny that they are well built. With a metal shell and metal parts on the cable, you cannot say they aren’t of good built quality. Let’s be nit-picky and go beyond our way to find something to “complain” about.. the faceplate isn’t perfectly sitting underneath the epoxy-like top layer, that’s as far as we can go to find something negative… a damn faceplate.

Comfort -

If there is one thing which you need to know about me, it’s that comfort is the single most important aspect to me. When something is in your ears, there is no tolerance for bad comfort. Even if a product has good sound performance, if the comfort and fit is bad.. I cannot use it. I am very strict when it comes to comfort, and Diamond is no exception to that.

The comfort was good, but the fit isn’t ideal. I couldn’t find myself using any of the silicone tips, and the only solution were the foam tips.. and even with them I didn’t find the seal and fit to be ideal, which didn't quite make it a solution. This means that to get the ideal fit, you probably need to do some tiprolling. Another thing which you should know about me is that I am not about tip rolling. The reason behind it is simple: I believe that it’s manufacturer’s job to make their product satisfy the majority. If I, as a consumer, I need to go and search for tips (or cables) to make the product do what it needed to do in the first place, then I don’t believe it’s an easy recommendation, especially because not everybody know what to search for, or where to search for.

Now, this wasn’t very horrific with the Diamond, as though I did find them quite comfortable with the foam tips, it’s just that the seal wasn’t as tight and was a bit loose.

This being said, I will clearly state that they do not have bad comfort, it’s just a field where KBEAR could put more focus on and play around. For example, KBEAR TRI i3 has to be one of the most comfortable IEM’s which I have tried… and I formed this opinion only based on the 20 minutes which I spent with them. My advice to the manufacturer, continue doing what the TRI i3 is doing and implement that in your future models.

Sound -

Lows-

The low range is the better part of the Diamond. The combination of good weight and good punch is what result in a good performance. The Diamond can very well keep up with a track like “Smoking Mirrors” from Lee Curtiss, while not the busiest or the fastest track, I do like the general pace of it. There is a very good amount of body to the bass, and there is a tight punch, which set the rhythm of the track right. Oh… and “Hydrogen” M|O|O|N (or M.O.O.N), damn is that a beatiful performance, seriously packing a punch, it delivers the weight of the bass very well. While the Diamond does have a reasonable sub-bass extension, it fails to rumble, and that can be noticed in tracks like “Why so Serious?” by Hans Zimmer. In similar fashion, I found mid-bass to be generally lacking definition. But as a whole, the low range performance is pretty good.

Mids-
One of the first things I noticed is that the vocals do not sound natural or too pleasant, and that is expected with a V shape sound signature. Being a person who primarily listens to vocal focused and vocally intense music, this is one aspect which stood out to me. However I cannot deny that they have a natural timbre when it comes to instruments, this lives up to KBEAR’s marketing of the Diamond having a natural timbre. I felt like I am missing something out, everybody loves the Diamond and usually praises its mid range performance, so it feels a bit vulnerable to say what I am about to say, but I never fell under the influence of clichés and masses opinions. I already said that I mainly listen to music which is heavily focused on vocals, and I will say that the KBEAR Diamond portrays vocals in a shouty and tinny (definition: sounds like music is coming through a telephone or a tin can). Not a particularly vocally intense track, but this is the track in which I came to realize this: Lana del Rey - Off To The Races.
My goal is to state what I hear without falling for the illusion just so my opinion or experience matches to the one of the masses. Everyone hears differently and this is what I heard, and therefore I will mention it. That’s the whole concept and purpose of reviews, so you know what other people experience.. but you will never be able to use anybodies opinion for yourself, sound is a personal subject, and you can follow or trust somebodies opinion/reviews if you found out that it matches to your perception, and that you and that person share the same observations, but that’s about it.

This sound characteristics makes them not so ideal for vocally focused music, and if you decide to listen to quite vocally intense music for longer periods of time, they can come off as fatiguing because the upper mid-range is boosted, that’s exactly what the terms shouty and tinny mean. And fatigue is an expected characteristic of tinny and shouty sound performance.

Highs-
Top end would be perfect if the mids weren’t tinny. The Diamond is able to reach the peaks and give the sparkle which is always appreciated, if this top range performance was combined with a good mid range, then it would significantly contribute to vocals. As always, “Stop Trying to Be God” by Travis Scott, my preferred reference track for hitting the peak of Stevie Wonder’s harmonica at mark 5:19, and the Diamond certainly did not disappoint and was able to produce the peak notes. However due to the fact that the mid range is tinny, the highs do sound overemphasized and can sound pretty steely, this overall creates fatigue if played at moderate-to-loud levels.

Soundstage -
While definitely not the most spacious and open, the Diamond does have an above average soundstage, and you can’t deny it. While imaging isn’t the most accurate and precise, I did find the extra space pleasing.

Separation -
I found separation to be quite lacking. Let’s clarify and explain what separation means, or at least what I am referring to. Separation is referencing to the ability to distinguish different sounds and frequencies, if separation is bad then some frequencies will get lost because they will get mushed together with the others… this leaves to an overall muddy-like performance because you lose the ability to hear certain elements in music, you lose detail. That’s exactly what happens with the Diamond, while I continued to listen to Lana del Rey’s “Born To Die” album, when I came to the track “Dark Paradise”, there is a very subtle snare, this snare can be heard but it is quite muddy and lacks definition. It’s hard to hear it and it sounds very flat, that’s why it gets lost with the other frequencies dominating over it.

Conclusion -

KBEAR’s Diamond is certainly an interesting IEM, not quite my cup of tea because my music taste is mainly within vocally present tracks. I do believe that KBEAR is going in the correct direction. With getting some correct tuning in mind, I think it will be able to make some serious progress. Diamond is one of my favorite IEM’s when it comes to it’s design, I would go as far to call it iconic. I wish that the separation was much better, and that the mid range was clearer and not recessed, this would take advantage of the soundstage which is has.. otherwise that extra space from the soundstage is taken for granted because muddy and not well defined sound performance take up most of that space.
Going beyond my personal preference in terms of music, I can say that I will recommend the KBEAR Diamond to people who listen to electronic music, whether it’s techno or rave, or just not vocally intense and present music genre, I believe that the Diamond is a very well polished choice which gets most things right. As a single dynamic driver, it has a very good bass performance which I appreciate, and so should you.

As a reviewer there is certain bias, if you like a certain genre and the product doesn't perform well in it, you will naturally have bitter feelings about it. However I have to keep in mind that other people may enjoy a product, like the KBEAR Diamond, which is a excellent product, and I believe it wasn't made to be focused on the mid range and vocals, but rather implement a sharp V-shape sound signature.

Attachments

Last edited:
Pros: Pronounced bass-centric sound signature
Non-sibilant, non-fatiguing for prolonged listening
Deep/wide sound-stage, imaging & layering
Accurate & tight bass/sub-bass
Excellent ergonomic fit & isolation
Well above average packaging accessories & tips
Included 8-core silver-plated cable
Cons: Slightly veiled & unpronounced mid-range
Ordering the KBEAR Diamond - after dealing with the friendly AK Audio store (product link below) was an absolute breeze, the parcel dispatched speedily – arrived in time with no issues at all.

The KBEAR Diamond packaging has the wow factor beyond their budget price range, with a cool faux leather case, which is very useable.

Out of the box, the set can be used with any source, and modified to generate audiophile levels of enjoyment. The pronounced bass/sub-bass presentation of the KBEAR’s Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) coated PET dynamic driver – which helps to render ample quantity of bass & sub bass.

IMG_20200607_122944_BURST5.jpg

On this occasion, I specifically ordered two sets: KBEAR Diamond and Blon BL05. This was a strategy to depart from the usual hobby collecting - avoiding simply upgrading & adhering to improved price ratio relative to sound signature, builds & configurations.

My aim in this instance was to pair both left & right channel of the iems, to SE & balanced cables. The two respective configurations I settled upon are:

1) Blon (L) & KBEAR Diamond (R) attached to 2.5mm balanced (VE) cable.

2) Blon (R) & KBEAR Diamond (L) to AK pure silver 3.5mm SE cable.

The synergy between both pairings works remarkably well....so much so that after the process of burn-in occurs the strengths of both blend into a set which is imho, ostensibly greater than the sum of the individual parts. I usually opt for balanced out or silver cable for SE listening to provide extra stage "air."

IMG_20200607_123824.jpg

Couple this with the forward mids & treble extension of the Blon....you eventually become accustomed to their differences. The seeming disparity between the two is not an overriding distraction once one's brain has had time to process the dichotomy and merge both sets.

The main objective I was looking to acheive:balanced sound via lighter/smaller housings - for a convenient fit & allow pillowing listening whilst in bed. I decided to try out this iem configuration whilst waiting for high-end gear to trickle down to mid-range, i.e. a set that improves upon Tri-i3....without necessarily parting with excessive funds.

This hobby is defined by experimentation in tuning, and modification. I have previously tried mixing other pairs of iems & earbuds - which resulted in a total mismatch - hence I was pleased on this occasion to hit a bullseye! During my Tri-i3 review, I mentioned that the heavy (metal) shells had a tendency to slip - I overcame this issue by piggy-backing two pairs of tips. Dsnuts also implemented this method recently with similar success. If you simply cut off the stem of one pair of tips, & slide them over the column of the outer pair - the arrangement embellishes the tips, thus providing a much more secure seal.

IMG_20200607_124212.jpg

It's a matter of opinion whether one considers that listening preferences are of less importance than the sources used...I'd argue that both are of equal importance. When traversing between hi-res: 24-bit/96kHz FLAC files, and lo-fi recordings – many variable factors should be taken into consideration: genre; cable/tip choice; warm/cold source; EQ application; impedance etc.

Build/Fit:
Excellent build quality with stylish carbon fibre faceplate – adds a premium feel to this set. The fit is ergonomic but the nozzle length could be extended further by a few mm for a better seal. There is some protrusion alas they streamline effectively with the ears tragus.

Tuning / Sound Signature:
The KBEAR have a boosted bass-response and sub lift rendering a controlled balanced signature.

Soundstage:
The stage is less deep than wide – hence the sound spectrum is not overly 3D holophonic, but is adequately encompassing, and not congested.

Highs:
This set doesn’t really suffer from transient peaks – the presentation remains smooth & refined, no matter how busy or complex the time changes within particular tracks.

Mids:
Much less pronounced than mid-centric sets, however this can be compensated for by boosting mid range frequencies via EQ.

Bass:
This is where the diamond stands out: the carbon coated PET DLC dynamic driver assuring improved quality and quantity of authentic bass, which sits neatly in the mix - whilst managing to not be overpowering or bleed into the mids.

EQ response:
The KBEAR implement EQ well, especially when trying to order to balance out their signature, within the mid-range frequency range.

Amp Scalability:
KBEAR amps efficiently, without distort at high volume levels - the bass response clarity remains, being non-muddy once a “hi-fi” sweet spot is attained.

Sources:
I prefer devices that offer two-way Bluetooth. The best synergy is attained listening to FLAC files via balanced output of Sony NW-ZX300a – the DAP remains distortion-free at max volume. BT receiver mode of the Sony DAP with vinyl processor switched on, adds extra “analogue” warmth - in order to experience balanced output from Dell 7559 gaming laptop.
SE output: Behringer UMC404HD / Xiaomi Mi 9T smartphone / iPad Air3 / Cayin N3 & NX4 DAC - gain switch increases all frequencies plus quantity of bass & rumble of sub-bass allows for “sweet spot” volume levels over halfway with no distortion. Additional mobility is provided by Radsone EarStudio ES100 with additional EQ via iPad app.

IMG_20200607_124133.jpg

Listening preferences:
Ambient Internet Radio (NTS) / Soundscapes / Live Gigs, Vocals / Jazz.
Classical / Electronica / FLAC LP’s: Andy Dragazis - Afterimages - this soundtrack appears visceral, airy and binaural, the timbre of strings is wonderful & otherworldly underpinned by suspenseful cello.

To test Binaural capabilities of this set, album tracks were auditioned such as:

“Jettison Mind Hatch” by Tipper, and “Y Dydd Olaf” by Gwenno.

Velvet Universe - Voyager LP (Full) – 1981

Monochrome Echo

“Shard of Glass” by Fenella

Fuku-Ura

Musicality:
After one week’s period of burn in, the DLC driver has become more transparent & revealing. The warm tuning coupled with adequate micro detailing results in a very more-ish, refined sonic experience. Additionally, superb bass rendering portrays an incredibly musical signature, excelling with a wide gamut of genres (especially Classical/Vocals & Electronica) imbibing tracks with a “live” feel.

IMG_20200607_124603_1.jpg

Comparisons:
Tri-i3: The KBEAR with their smaller housings are less 3D holophonic/ Binaural - having a narrower stage than the wider, deeper Tri-i3. Bass-centric tracks are favoured by the KBEAR sounding slightly punchier. The Tri- i3 remains unsurpassed at rendering classical timbres; both excel at male & female vocals.

Hibiscus Diamond: Star of the show is the supplied copper cable….providing extra warmth & bass/sub-bass, however the tuning of the carbon diaphragm dynamic driver, pushes mids too far forward in comparison to the KBEAR, however they do remain a decent mobile set.

Blon BL-05: The KBEAR used in tandem with Blon-05 fill in the bass light signature to create an overall balanced set, both reciprocating each other’s strengths and deficiencies.

Conclusion:
I’m a big fan of the KBEAR Diamond – their excellent build quality, & emphasis upon generating an extended bass-range via the DLC configuration. They represent good value if you’re looking for an overall bass-centric sound signature. I found them easy to amp using warm or neutral sources, their analogue synergy seamlessly adapting to any situation! I can forsee using them in conjunction with the Blon BL-05 as an invaluable aid in instrument separation & layering, whilst composing & mixing tracks!

Ratings:

Accessories: 90

Price: 85
Last edited:
Reactions: illumidata
Pros: Solid build, attractive, very comfortable, nice accessories and sounds amazing.
Cons: Highs rolloff fast some might not like this, big IEM might not fit some and not good for sleeping.
Opening the packaging at first look you know its a premium product, KBEAR up its game each new product and the Diamond is defiantly a step above many competitors.

Build Quality:

Very well made and attractive the KBEAR is premium without the price tag. Its built like a tank so solid and it comes with enough accessories to keep most people happy. The body is on the larger size and while its is no problem for my medium size ears its not too comfortable for sleeping but very comfortable for long term usage.

Bass:

The Bass and Sub-Bass are both powerful and so well defined this is a V-shape done so well IMO. So much smooth and powerful Bass with minimal bleed in to the Mids

Mids:

The Mids are smooth and the KB has some great vocals, there is a nice natural warmth in here. Vocals and instruments have a great amount of details for a single DD its impressive.

Treble:

Highs have a nice extension but roll off quickly but manage to sparkle just a little before they do giving a quality many will like because of the zero harshness with any recording.

Soundstage is good depending if the song is overly Bass heavy and great on acoustic and similar music. Separation is very good I was able to hear instruments clearly with some imaging that was accurate.

Conclusion:

This is a flagship that lives up to its name, the Diamond shines and is a well made solid IEM with a fun V-shape that provides BASS , vocals and a balance that I found very enjoyable to use. Its comfortable for log use and I like the design of these.

Attachments

Comments

It looks exactly as a cheaper BQEYZ Spring 1... Odd...or not
Ok, I thought they were pretty similar... You are one of the "tuner" for the Diamond, right? How would you shortly describe their differences in terms of SQ?

It looks exactly as a cheaper BQEYZ Spring 1... Odd...or not
Both have an excellent midrange and midrange resolution ad are very similar in this respect. The BQEYZ has a very wooly bass which I personally don't like and always have to get used to. If it had a tighter bass, it would be a stellar earphone. The Diamond has a fast bass for a single DD and a very natural timbre. Its bass is a bit stronger as I would find optimal, but it was very difficult to tweak it exactly to our liking. If you have the Spring 1, you don't need the Diamond (too similar)...it would not be an upgrade but a side grade.

Looking forward to see how these compare to the Tin T4.
Actually, from what I read, the T4 are leaner sounding. One of my co-bloggers will have access to both. What I am looking forward to see how the folks like these. I think they are stellar, but I am probably biased -- and I am a DD guy.

Looking forward to see how these compare to the Tin T4.
Just by looking at the graph I would say that the i1 would probably have more bass and expecially subbass than the T4.
However in my opinion graphs says very little about the real sound of an iem, you have to put it into your ears and start to compare.

Looking forward to see how these compare to the Tin T4.
Yes! And this graph says particularly little as the speedy driver compensates for the graphical shortcomings. I also checked a beta with less bass, but this doesn't work universally...maybe ok for classical but not for rock. Not that less bass boosts the perceived upper midrange, it just produces less depth of the image.

Looking forward to see how these compare to the Tin T4.
I don't prioritize bass as something essential to me as it would be for others, however, if you present me something well controlled, even if boosted, I'm gonna prefer that kind to of bass to a less impactful and authoritative one.

Looking forward to see how these compare to the Tin T4.
I am very sensitive to bass: not too pounding, not too weak...this one is a tad too strong but the speed compensates for it...it doesn't get fatiguing to my ears. One of my evaluation criteria of an earphone is HOW FREQUENTLY I use it. Right now, all my eartime is split between the Blon BL-03, JVC HA-FDX1 (arguably the best single DD on the market), and the Diamond. This makes reviewing difficult when you have to spend time with iems that are not your personal choice.

I been away from the site for a long while...but my I have 2 full size headphones Focal Utopia and Senn HD800(for classical) if you want to know where I'm coming from.

I recently started getting back into things and got the Blon 03 which is just crazy performance, for the price. Intrigued I wanted to try something with a similar tonality but with more transparency and airy highs. I just got these KBear Diamonds yesterday. These things deliver the goods period, when you factor in price its compelling.
The fit and finish on these is really good, they look and feel high end, lover the carbon fiber.
The cable is very nice as well. But the sound, its just fantastic very full and punchy, but yet still smooth but still a ton of transparency. They had all the details without sound bright, sibilant or ever sounding hard or harsh. The sound signature of these is right in congruence with my preferences, the tuning is ideal and there isn nothing I feel lacking that that I would want to change on these.
I remember years ago having some iem's like the Earsonic SM3 , Westone umx3, etc but I find these KBear Diamond to be so much better for a fraction of the price.
I haven't bought audio related stuff in a while but want to thank Otto and KopiOkaya I had read their work in tuning this when I decided to pick it up, still stunned how good these are!