ddHifi TC28i Lightning to USB-C Adapter For iPhone

General Information

TC28i Lightning to Type C Adapter: is simply a connector for dongles. It essentially serves the purpose of the Apple lightning camera adapter.

SPECIFICATIONS TC28i
  • Input: Lighting
  • Output: USB-C
  • Material: Aluminum alloy
  • Dimensions: 0.7 x 0.4 x 0.5 in (18.5 x 9.5 x 13.5 mm)

Latest reviews

Headphoneus Supremus
TC28i Lightning to USB Type C Adapter Review: Connect Your iPhone
Pros: Works well and removes clutter around your iPhone; great design, build quality, and haptic.
Cons: NA
TC28i Lightning to USB Type C Adapter: is simply a connector for dongles. It essentially serves the purpose of the Apple lightning camera adapter. When connecting your iPhone to a dongle via the Apple adapter, you create a rather long chain. The TC28i shortens this “snake” and makes it more portable. There is a big difference, however, between Apple and ddHifi in that the former has the traditional USB-A connector whereas the ddHifi TC28i features the smaller USB-C connector. This is no problem as most dongles come with either connectivity. And if everything fails, there are cheap USB-C to USB-A connectors.

Very useful!

SPECIFICATIONS TC28i
  • Input: Lighting
  • Output: USB-C
  • Material: Aluminum alloy
  • Dimensions: 0.7 x 0.4 x 0.5 in (18.5 x 9.5 x 13.5 mm)
  • Tested at: $30
  • Product page: ddHifi

I made a video about it - start at 5:43.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pancakess
AlexCBSN
AlexCBSN
So, if the adapter works flawless and as well has better circuitry since you can use a couple of adapters such as e1da 9038, drives the ltp s1 with better power and overall is a best option. Why 4.5 stars? Like... in all seriousness, why not 5 stars?
Otto Motor
I don't like such rating system and don't have any on my blog. You can argue that these adapter are not cheap and that the TC28i going out sideways can be awkward with dongles.

I have never given 5 stars...that's 100%. Nothing is perfect.

Comments

Turbulance

New Head-Fier
I recently purchased one of these from the DD Store via AliExpress. It worked for about 4 weeks then it started to have trouble connecting with iOS stating it wasn’t compatible.

At first it stopped working only on one side, the side I was using mostly, but soon it was failing intermittently on the other side as well. Now it’s totally dead. DD has shipped a new one to me though.

I think it could be the design of the Adaptor. The Lightning plug is surrounded by a foam border where it enters the Adaptor. This allows the plug to flex up and down. I think this was a big mistake and the plug should have been firmly attached to the Adaptor instead.

I decided to remove the plug and found its metal ended immediately in a ridge about 2 mm and that was as far as the metal went inside the Adaptor.

The plug was then attached to a thin, brittle white plastic piece that must contain the plug’s connecting wires.

I think that it was this plastic that must have fractured during use (I was treating it gently at all times) causing the wires to get broken.

I wonder how many owners of this Adaptor will end up having it fail on them.