1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The discovery thread!

1. Dsnuts Contributor
    My thought on the DM6 purchase. You know I think enough guys have chimed in to think these are a good one. I know with Aliexpress day coming soon people want to save a bit. Who don't but if piece of mind is worth paying a bit of extra. That is not a bad thing. You are saving maybe $30 at the most. I would just buy it from Penon and be done with.

I was hoping MD would have another drop. I put in my vote. They still might. if you havent yet. I encourage people to do so. So they can sell them again.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  2. Dsnuts Contributor
    Nothing wrong with my HK6. I still listen to mine. They sound great. It is just that there is a lot of new stuff that is out.

papa_mia likes this.
  3. papa_mia
    Yeah, you pick up a pair today and tomorrow you wake up with like 2000 new pairs of headphones pop up on the store.
    These Chi-fi are crazy.

4. DannyBai
    I still have my HK6 and listen to them occasionally. Still sounds pretty good to me.

papa_mia likes this.
  5. ericp10
    [
    But wait a minute! Unless I read your post wrong a few pages back, didn't you type that the CL2 sounds better than all other planar earphones, but then you admitted that you haven't heard all the other planar earphones? Your opinion was based on what "others" stated, right? So how is this review any different than your opinion on the CL2?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    peter123, Lurk650 and antdroid like this.
  6. papa_mia
    Btw DS, are you still planning on getting the M5s, or all the fund and kidneys and all has gone to the Solaris? :D

superuser1 likes this.
  7. Kitechaser
    Try the bluetooth band, to see if the distortion is because of a new driver, or something to do with your DAP.

8. rayliam80
    I bought my LZ A5 in May. The DM6 is tempting but the A5 is still in working order and with my particular setup (Aliexpress Hearts of Ocean cable, red filter), I still think it sounds fantastic even with the old filters since I never bought the new filters that were released. I've thought about selling the A5 to get the D6 but would it be that big of a step-up?

9. Dsnuts Contributor
    Oh I sold off my kidney already. Solaris ordered. M5s Might have to donate more blood. I am a shell of the person I once was. All in the name of audio!

10. darmanastartes
    Any IEM that radically changes its sound signature depending on the source should be considered a design failure. One reason I would never consider the Andromeda. This is something that bothers me about a number of Campfire Audio's products. They seem to excel under tightly defined conditions but have potentially deal-breaking quirks. I sold my Polaris because the driver flex made it inconvenient to use. IEMs at that price point and above should not do anything blatantly wrong.

11. Dsnuts Contributor
    Speaking of HK6. The NK10 will be sold for $300. Even better the alternate version will be $245!!! Wicked deal for 10BA iem. I can vouche for the sonics. Yes folks that is $45 more than the DM6. Not to throw a wrench in the thought process of the collective.

12. Kitechaser
    Looking forward to reading your impressions. I am holding off for that or the Sony IER-Z1R.
    Its gonna be a great new year :)
    Edit: and if you can comment about the fit too, would appreciate it.

13. Dsnuts Contributor
    Ya I was holding off a bit till the Z1R but that thread is brutal. Difficult to ignore when those guys that were first adapters are all into their TOTL stuff. All love em except for the guys with small ears unfortunately.

I have a distinct memory of how I heard the Z1R at Can Jam so the Solaris has a lot to live up to in terms of sonics. I wished KB had the Solaris at can jam but he didn't.

I went with the andromeda S which is on every account one of my all time favorite earphones as it should be but if the Solaris does a bunch of things better. It should be my end game. I hope! My thought is if the Solaris dont meet my expectations. They will be easy to sell off. Save up for Sonys flag ship.

Kenneth Galang and Kitechaser like this.
  14. papa_mia
    Wait, what is "alternate version", what is the difference between them and the normal version that makes them 55 bucks cheaper? Can you please share some light on this matter?

15. Kitechaser
    Yeah you are the one person I wanna hear from when you get your hands of them :)
    The hype is blinding. And the solaris or sony will be the end game for me as well.
    Will be watching closely. With popcorn in hand.
    Thanks.

Dsnuts and Kenneth Galang like this.