The discovery thread!
Nov 7, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #39,076 of 99,823
I decided to buy DM6 with clear shell and after reading a few posts about sellers on Ali not being reliable, I´m still deciding if I want to spend more money this time, just to be safe.
Which shops accept paypal? I have some money left there.
I got mine through penon
I think they accept paypal

Nov 7, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #39,077 of 99,823
Nov 7, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #39,080 of 99,823
He hasn't had enough time with it to make any real judgements on it. I have 500 hours with it. He has 20. Not even enough to properly burn them in. (These take at least 50 hours to loosen up the planar driver)
Who do you think has a better idea of what they sound like?
Oh, come on! The burn-in hype is getting ridiculous. You don't have 500 hours with it - you've connected it to a DAP or pc for the most of that time. Let's be realistic, it's not like you've had it for a 100 days and have been listening to it for at least 5 hours each day, which would have actually given you a great understanding of that particular iem.

Also, reviewers are not only pressured by time but have to take into account what most buyers would do - when people buy something this expensive they want to use it right away and want it to sound great right away. If someone doesn't like how something sounds you can't tell them "Don't worry, just push through and keep using it for 3-4 months more even though you don't like it and it will get better". They also won't just put it in a drawer and not listen to it for a month, let alone designate a dedicated PC to do that all day long for weeks or ruin the battery of a DAP for that matter because that's another thing - when you start burning-in all of your gear for 400-500 you usually dedicate a DAP for that, which has to be constantly recharged or plugged in the power supply, which racks up like the equivalent of a year using that DAP in a month.

In my reviewing experience, if something sounds off out of the box, it will sound off after a hundred hours. Burn-in might loosen the diaphragm a bit and maybe open up the sound and smoothen it a bit, but it won't magically change dips or peaks in the frequency response like a lot of claims suggest. It's always funny to me when people start saying "Oh, but it has a titanium/CNT or whatever driver and that is super hard and needs hundred of hours of burn-in,so if you don't like how it sound it's your fault".

Everyone is free to believe whatever he/she wishes - just don't try to force your opinion on the others, start bashing on reviewers and other people and promote the magical properties of burn-in (especially for ridiculous time like 500 hours) as solid science and a fact.

Nov 7, 2018 at 5:29 AM Post #39,081 of 99,823
He hasn't had enough time with it to make any real judgements on it. I have 500 hours with it. He has 20. Not even enough to properly burn them in. (These take at least 50 hours to loosen up the planar driver)
Who do you think has a better idea of what they sound like?
I would choose the guy who has done literally hundreds of excellent honest reviews.

AH.jpg

Nov 7, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #39,082 of 99,823
I got the clear from them.
Send them an email
Thanks for suggestion. For information, Penon just sent me a last pair of transparent DM6.
I am looking forward to compare this beast against my single-DD champ (Evos) and many more iems with my friend :)

Nov 7, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #39,083 of 99,823
I wanted and planned to buy the cl2, but have remodels on my house going, and was just informed all overtime at my job would be essentially gone moving forward. So 800 is out of the question for me without selling off some.of my more expensive gear, and I don't want to as its not easily re purchased stuff. So if this 200 in ear can sit by the ex1000 as far as technical abilities go, while presenting music differently enough, then I'm in.

Save your money. The CL2 is pretty average.

Nov 7, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #39,085 of 99,823
Didn't mean to be snappy, but these half baked reviews from people that are barely putting in the minimum effort required to make even rudimentary judgments on a piece of equipment, are a real disservice to this community.
It's annoying :)
Edit: you shouldn't be writing a review about an IEM unless you have at least 200 hours with it, let alone 20.
At least that is how I see it.

if an earphone have to be burned at least 200 just to sound good, I'd quickly return it.

Nov 7, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #39,086 of 99,823
Save your money. The CL2 is pretty average.

Your review as well as a few others who's reviews and ears I trust based on their opinions on other hps, have convinced me not to throw my money at the cl2, so thanks! I was waiting on some more honest reviews of them, glad I waited.

Nov 7, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #39,087 of 99,823
As Chi-Fi goes I'm enjoying the heck out of the BQEYZ BQ3, 3 balanced armatures and 2 dynamic drivers in each earpiece. Big powerful sound from the bass that does not drown anything else
panda, is the bq3 something i need? how does it hold up next to say, the current $100-200 tier (b5+, hk6, etc.)?

Nov 7, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #39,088 of 99,823
I definitely want the opera factory om1 too

Having had one for long enough to listen now, I'd say unless you just want one to complete your collection you are better off spending $ elsewhere. Not impressed at all with the OM1
big muddy mid-bass, recessed mids and veiled treble. The worst part being it doesn't seem to react particularly well to EQ so tuning it away from that is not an easy proposition.

Nov 7, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #39,089 of 99,823
panda, is the bq3 something i need? how does it hold up next to say, the current $100-200 tier (b5+, hk6, etc.)?

The BQEYZ holds up pretty well vs the b5+. I think the b5+ is a little clearer in the upper registers but the BQ is a bit more resolving in the mids. Don't have the HK6 so cant comment.

Nov 7, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #39,090 of 99,823
Having had one for long enough to listen now, I'd say unless you just want one to complete your collection you are better off spending $ elsewhere. Not impressed at all with the OM1
big muddy mid-bass, recessed mids and veiled treble. The worst part being it doesn't seem to react particularly well to EQ so tuning it away from that is not an easy proposition.

Mochil I think got a pair a while ago. He was mentioning how you can poke a hole in the vent and bass decreases and balances out. I have these on my review que as well and I completely agree. So much mind numbing bass. They remind me a lot of the first gen Beats headphone tuning. Exactly like them actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back