The discovery thread!
Nov 7, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #39,091 of 100,524
Oh, come on! The burn-in hype is getting ridiculous. You don't have 500 hours with it - you've connected it to a DAP or pc for the most of that time. Let's be realistic, it's not like you've had it for a 100 days and have been listening to it for at least 5 hours each day, which would have actually given you a great understanding of that particular iem.

Also, reviewers are not only pressured by time but have to take into account what most buyers would do - when people buy something this expensive they want to use it right away and want it to sound great right away. If someone doesn't like how something sounds you can't tell them "Don't worry, just push through and keep using it for 3-4 months more even though you don't like it and it will get better". They also won't just put it in a drawer and not listen to it for a month, let alone designate a dedicated PC to do that all day long for weeks or ruin the battery of a DAP for that matter because that's another thing - when you start burning-in all of your gear for 400-500 you usually dedicate a DAP for that, which has to be constantly recharged or plugged in the power supply, which racks up like the equivalent of a year using that DAP in a month.

In my reviewing experience, if something sounds off out of the box, it will sound off after a hundred hours. Burn-in might loosen the diaphragm a bit and maybe open up the sound and smoothen it a bit, but it won't magically change dips or peaks in the frequency response like a lot of claims suggest. It's always funny to me when people start saying "Oh, but it has a titanium/CNT or whatever driver and that is super hard and needs hundred of hours of burn-in,so if you don't like how it sound it's your fault".

Everyone is free to believe whatever he/she wishes - just don't try to force your opinion on the others, start bashing on reviewers and other people and promote the magical properties of burn-in (especially for ridiculous time like 500 hours) as solid science and a fact.
There are at least 20 people that are on the CL2 thread that are saying the same thing I am saying, have the same experiences that I have had, have other TOTL IEMS in their possession, and think the CL2 is one of the best iems they have ever heard.
Yeah but this guy, who admits he hasn't had enough time with it, in his own ""review"", knows better.
You guys are making me laugh :)

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #39,092 of 100,524
There are at least 20 people that are on the CL2 thread that are saying the same thing I am saying, have the same experiences that I have had, have other TOTL IEMS in their possession, and think the CL2 is one of the best iems they have ever heard.
Yeah but this guy, who admits he hasn't had enough time with it, in his own ""review"", knows better.
You guys are making me laugh :)

It's okay dude. We hear you. Our opinions don't have to line up. Also, hi. I'm Thomas. Nice to meet you. Now I'm no longer "this guy".

Nov 7, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #39,093 of 100,524
It's okay dude. We hear you. Our opinions don't have to line up. Also, hi. I'm Thomas. Nice to meet you. Now I'm no longer "this guy".

I get you man. Take care :)

Nov 7, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #39,094 of 100,524

Last thing I am going to say, I don't have a problem with you having a different opinion or preference, that is a given.
The only thing I am saying, is you did not have enough time with the iem to write a review. And this is more RHA's fault than yours.
The burn in with this driver is real, we are all not just making that up.
There must be at least a 100 plus posts on the thread , that confirm this, from multiple people none the less.
And I thought burn in was a fairy tale myself till I got the CL2 and the DM6.
I am sorry for having come at you the way that I did. It was out of line. Just having a bad day.
My apologies.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #39,095 of 100,524
Last thing I am going to say, I don't have a problem with you having a different opinion or preference, that is a given.
The only thing I am saying, is you did not have enough time with the iem to write a review. And this is more RHA's fault than yours.
The burn in with this driver is real, we are all not just making that up.
There must be at least a 100 plus posts on the thread , that confirm this, from multiple people non the less.
And I thought burn in was a fairy tale myself till I got the CL2 and the DM6.
I am sorry for having come at you the way that I did. It was out of line. Just having a bad day.
My apologies.

Apology accepted, despite being so far out of line in attacking my integrity. While I wish I had more time with the CL2, I stand by my impressions. And, while I don't rely as heavily on measurements as other reviewers, show me something tangible to support the CL2's burn in and I'll be more than willing to admit I'm wrong and accept it gets a lot better after a couple hundred hours of use.

Nov 7, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #39,096 of 100,524
Apology accepted, despite being so far out of line in attacking my integrity. While I wish I had more time with the CL2, I stand by my impressions. And, while I don't rely as heavily on measurements as other reviewers, show me something tangible to support the CL2's burn in and I'll be more than willing to admit I'm wrong and accept it gets a lot better after a couple hundred hours of use.
I'll ask the manufacturer :) maybe they can help.

Nov 7, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #39,098 of 100,524
Does anyone know the best store in Ali that I can order the dm6 for a good price apart from penon because there is no sale there currently?

I'm a fan of NiceHCK if they carry the DM6

Nov 7, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #39,100 of 100,524
God, I don't know what I'm doing with this IEM, it's starting to make me feel like a novice with my own equipment. I had it sounding pretty good yesterday. I can't replicate it today so far today no matter what I'm trying. Currently I have LO from my hiby r6 to my fiio a5 with pregain settings on the hiby dropped way down and it's... Ok. Still getting quite a bit of distortion from god knows where.

So far, I think this might be pickier about sources and output impedance and cables than the Andromeda was. Or they just go through crazy phases during burn in.

Seriously starting to consider picking up that Sony DAP that the true believers are using....

Nov 7, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #39,101 of 100,524
panda, is the bq3 something i need? how does it hold up next to say, the current $100-200 tier (b5+, hk6, etc.)?
I'm really enjoying them, they have more of a V-Shape than the B5+

Nov 7, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #39,102 of 100,524
God, I don't know what I'm doing with this IEM, it's starting to make me feel like a novice with my own equipment. I had it sounding pretty good yesterday. I can't replicate it today so far today no matter what I'm trying. Currently I have LO from my hiby r6 to my fiio a5 with pregain settings on the hiby dropped way down and it's... Ok. Still getting quite a bit of distortion from god knows where.

So far, I think this might be pickier about sources and output impedance and cables than the Andromeda was. Or they just go through crazy phases during burn in.

Seriously starting to consider picking up that Sony DAP that the true believers are using....

I hope you find a setup that works for you. As for me, I'm done talking about the CL2. Don't have it anymore and as such have nothing new to add. All I can say about it has been said in my "review".

Nov 7, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #39,104 of 100,524
Unfortunately I do not think they do. Do you think sellers with 96-97% feedback can be trusted because Its so tempting to order that special pre order deal from audio&video professional store.

I have purchased from them a time or two without incident. Mind you that isn't really a big enough sample size to prove anything but at least what I do know about them is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back