Rank the IEM's you've heard
Aug 27, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #4,111 of 5,135
Thank you all for your input! I have decided to return the Andromeda 2020. Within a week of listening I noticed 3 things that are a deal breaker for me. First would be the sibilance which shows on certain tracks, regardless of the ear tips. The foam ones are less sibilant but the bass disappears. Second the bass is not very good. For analytical tracks, and live performances I adore them, but for Pop, EDM, or tracks that have a bit more punch, the bass sounds very dry, especially knowing that the Andromeda lacks a lot in the sub-bass department. I realized that just a mid-bass punch is not enough at least to my preferences. In fact I would rather prefer a good sub-bass rather than a punchy mid. And last (though I would have lived with it if everything else was on par with my expectations) is the comfort. After an hour of listening my ears already feel sore.
They definitely shine in the treble and soundstage department (Amazing!!!), but maybe I had a little bit more expectations after reading tons of positive reviews and of course considering their price point.
I have made a list of the IEMs that have been recommended to me on here and bought a ticket for the CanJam 2022 in California since I live in LA, so I figured the best way to find a good match is to actually go and test multiple IEMs in person. Will update you soon!! (hopefully I don't end up leaving my wallet there :fearful:)
Monarch Mk2,

Aug 27, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #4,112 of 5,135
So, I finally have a chance to audition Monarch MkII.

Impression: holy moly what an IEM. Straight up to the top 3 in my ranking list for sure, at least at a cursory listening level. I’m pretty sure that the ranking would drop after more rigorous A/B tests, but still, what an impressive IEM.

EA6C9E36-0560-429E-9C70-1A1973D3BC58.jpeg

675E3B95-8EFC-48A9-91BC-650068DEEA19.jpeg

Aug 27, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #4,113 of 5,135
They re really gorgeous 😍😎😉

Question : how about the homogeneity of the drivers's signatures ?

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #4,114 of 5,135
They re really gorgeous 😍😎😉

Question : how about the homogeneity of the drivers's signatures ?

Yes, the most beautiful IEM I have ever have a chance to hold in my hands for sure. So well crafted and luxurious.

You would call me amateur, but I have rarely been annoyed by the disjointness of the tuning nor the "incoherency" of drivers, so I'm not the best one to answer this question.

The bass does not blend into the rest of the signature like FH9 though. For some, it might be good. For some, it might be incoherency. I might say the bass is not as textured as some IEMs that I have heard, but it's just nitpicking. I tried hard but I could not hear any unique characteristics of the EST driver either, besides crisp, clean, and well extended treble.

Aug 27, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #4,115 of 5,135
My current faves:

1) CFA Supermoon
2) Fir Kr5
3) VE EXT
4) Oriolus Traillii
5) Fir Xe6
6) Dunu Zen Pro
7) JVC FW10000
8) VE Phonix
9) CFA Dorado 2020
10) Lime Ears Anima
11) Sony IER Z1R
12) CFA Solaris

Aug 27, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #4,116 of 5,135
Yes, the most beautiful IEM I have ever have a chance to hold in my hands for sure. So well crafted and luxurious.

You would call me amateur, but I have rarely been annoyed by the disjointness of the tuning nor the "incoherency" of drivers, so I'm not the best one to answer this question.

The bass does not blend into the rest of the signature like FH9 though. For some, it might be good. For some, it might be incoherency. I might say the bass is not as textured as some IEMs that I have heard, but it's just nitpicking. I tried hard but I could not hear any unique characteristics of the EST driver either, besides crisp, clean, and well extended treble.

OK thanks 👍

I haven't auditioned them yet. 😭

Aug 29, 2022 at 6:36 AM Post #4,117 of 5,135
  1. JH x L-acoustic Contour XO
  2. VE Phonix
  3. 64audio U12t
  4. 64audio Trio
  5. Campfire Dorado 2020
  6. Campfire Andromeda 2020
  7. Akg K3003
  8. Moondrop B2
  9. Timeless 7hz
  10. Moondrop Aria

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2022 at 2:54 AM Post #4,120 of 5,135
20220616_173005000_iOS.jpg

1655909934620.png
I live in Korea, and it is interesting that the famous iem here and the famous iem in my country are different. Camelot from Nostalgia audio delivers incredible sound that doesn't fit the price range. Camelot doesn't seem to be famous at all in head-fi despite the sound. On the other hand, Elysian labs are not famous at all in Korea. Aroma audio also sounds amazing. Please let me know your opinions on my ranking.
Do you prefer vocals? or the bass?

Sep 9, 2022 at 3:48 AM Post #4,121 of 5,135
TWS:

1. Sony WF-1000XM4
2. Sony WF-1000XM3
3. Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2
4. Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro

Galaxy Buds Pro is the worst sound my ears have ever heard.

I can't understand how anyone could appreciate that harsh, metallic sound.
You must got some fake or broke ones. Galaxy buds pro sound significantly better than than any of the Sony offerings. No such metallic sound whatsoever.

Sep 9, 2022 at 4:38 AM Post #4,122 of 5,135
You must got some fake or broke ones. Galaxy buds pro sound significantly better than than any of the Sony offerings. No such metallic sound whatsoever.
Why do you take for granted that your tastes have to be the same as those of others?

I have tried several Buds Pro, some of them bought in the official Samsung store, and I liked all of them less (and much less) than the Sony XM3 (I have not tried the XM4). To me the Sony XM3 doesn't sound metallic at all.

Sep 9, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #4,123 of 5,135
Why do you take for granted that your tastes have to be the same as those of others?

I have tried several Buds Pro, some of them bought in the official Samsung store, and I liked all of them less (and much less) than the Sony XM3 (I have not tried the XM4). To me the Sony XM3 doesn't sound metallic at all.
Because they don't sound metallic at all. Not in the least. They sound very natural. I have no clue of what you are talking about. Not only I'm telling you from experience but EVERY REVIEWER didn't say they sound metallic.
So either you heard defective ones or your hearing is different than 95% of the population (which is possible).

Jabra 7 pro (after update), liberty 3 pro (after hear ID test), beoplay ex (I don't recommended them), and momentum 3 TWS all sound better than the galaxy buds pro which sounds better than the any of the Sony TWS. Sony xm3 or xm4 aren't even in the top 10 for best sounding although they are still decent sounding. They don't belong in the discussion when talking about TWS sets with best sound quality.

Sep 9, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #4,124 of 5,135
Because they don't sound metallic at all. Not in the least. They sound very natural. I have no clue of what you are talking about. Not only I'm telling you from experience but EVERY REVIEWER didn't say they sound metallic.
So either you heard defective ones or your hearing is different than 95% of the population (which is possible).

Jabra 7 pro (after update), liberty 3 pro (after hear ID test), beoplay ex (I don't recommended them), and momentum 3 TWS all sound better than the galaxy buds pro which sounds better than the any of the Sony TWS. Sony xm3 or xm4 aren't even in the top 10 for best sounding although they are still decent sounding. They don't belong in the discussion when talking about TWS sets with best sound quality.
I have not said that the Buds Pro sound metallic. I just said that to me they sound worse than the Sony XM3s, and that the Sony XM3s don't sound metallic.

You may be referring to the user of the original message.

And also what I was telling you is that all those that you say will sound better than the XM3 for you, and for those reviewers that you refer to. Not for me, nor for many other people.

This sound thing is all a matter of taste. To me the 7hz Timeless sounds better than the 64audio U12t (I have had both). Not just better, much better. And all the reviewers in the world can say the opposite, I don't care...

Sep 9, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #4,125 of 5,135
Updated

1/ Aure Audio Ringo (aka "Squaring the Circle") and...
2/ FiiO FH9 (Absolute "best fun and elite" all rounder). Maybe my first choice ? 🤔
3/ Rhapsodio Supreme Mk2 (Lord of the Audiophile Rings)
4/ Final A8000 (Gods of infinite clarity)
5/ Rhapsodio Infinity Mk2 (Kaiser Encore on steroids !)
6/ Noble Kaiser Encore (Emperor of the razor-sharp... katana's)
7/ Empire Ears Zeus XRA (United colors)
8/ Jomo Flamenco (hidden son of Zeus XIV and Kaiser Encore)
9/ FitEar 435 (Muhammad Ali is back)
10/ FitEar To Go ! 334 v3 (Baron von tone)

That's all folks 😋👍

Updated

1/ FiiO FH9 (Absolute weapon of mass destruction). and...
2/ Aure Audio Ringo (aka "Squaring the Circle") Maybe my first choice ? 🤔
3/ Rhapsodio Supreme Mk2 (Lord of the Audiophile Rings)
4/ Final A8000 (Gods of infinite clarity)
5/ Rhapsodio Infinity Mk2 (Kaiser Encore on steroids !)
6/ Noble Kaiser Encore (Emperor of the razor-sharp... katana's)
7/ Empire Ears Zeus XRA (United colors)
8/ Jomo Flamenco (hidden son of Zeus XIV and Kaiser Encore)
9/ FitEar 435 (Muhammad Ali is back)
10/ FitEar To Go ! 334 v3 (Baron von tone)

Almost terminated :

FitEar a111 (for my podcast : still very good ; light foot 😇), Campfire Solaris (very good, euphonic and fun sounding gear, but I have to choose), Oriolus Oriolus (the same), UM Mason V3 (so smooth and musical, liquid, but a little sleepy)...

Terminated :

U12t (boring), u18t (very good but no magic), Fourté Noir (very weird tuning), Andromeda V2 (everything very good but nothing really exceptional), Legend X (too much BASS...), Dunu Luna (too safe for me), Sony Z1r (king of the V tuning but...), Jomo Trinity brass (no homogeneity...), Campfire Altas v1 (Huge bass, and?), Fidue a83 (my first real love but... Meh), Brainwavz B2 (only treble), Qdc Anole vx (boring), Vsonic gr07 (no phonic isolation), Jomo Samba (well...?), (...)

And a lot more, but I have forget them... 😅

That's all folks 😋👍

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back