Rank the IEM's you've heard
Sep 19, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #4,141 of 5,132
Ranking update 3

1 Unique Melody Mest Indigo
2 Noble Audio Sultan
3 Aroma Thunder ( Sound great, potentially superior to Sultan but I would have to look for another cable (to open it slightly to mid-high) and I prefer to try something else.
4 Sennheiser Ie 600
5 Faaudio Dark Sky
6 Sennheiser Ie900
7 EE Legend X
8 64 Audio Tia Trio'
9 Oriveti OV8001
10 Campfire Dorado 2020
11 Campfire Andromeda
12 Etymotic Er4 Xr
13 Westone W60
14 Shure 846
15 Audiofly Af1120
16 Ultimate ears Triple.fi 10
17 Ultimate ears Ue900s
18 Sennheiser ie 800
19 Imr Acoustics R1 Zenith
Great list. I've got a few above Indigo myself, but great to see it atop your rankings!

Sep 19, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #4,142 of 5,132
Great list. I've got a few above Indigo myself, but great to see it atop your rankings!
Thank you!
I miss some Totl to listen to and maybe the ranking will change 😉.
In your case, what did you find superior to Indigo?

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #4,143 of 5,132
Thank you!
I miss some Totl to listen to and maybe the ranking will change 😉.
In your case, what did you find superior to Indigo?
Traillii, EVO, KSE1200 and maybe VE EXT, though I probably enjoy Indigo more than EXT. If push came to shove, I would keep EVO and Traillii over Indigo but probably Indigo over KSE1200 and EXT. All 5 are significantly different in my opinion.

Sep 19, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #4,144 of 5,132
Traillii, EVO, KSE1200 and maybe VE EXT, though I probably enjoy Indigo more than EXT. If push came to shove, I would keep EVO and Traillii over Indigo but probably Indigo over KSE1200 and EXT. All 5 are significantly different in my opinion.
I miss them all to listen to.
They would inspire me to listen to the Traillii and Evo more but I don't think they are my cup tea 🤔.
Anyway, sooner or later I will listen to them 😉.

Sep 19, 2022 at 8:23 PM Post #4,145 of 5,132
Ranking update 3

1 Unique Melody Mest Indigo
2 Noble Audio Sultan
3 Aroma Thunder ( Sound great, potentially superior to Sultan but I would have to look for another cable (to open it slightly to mid-high) and I prefer to try something else.
4 Sennheiser Ie 600
5 Faaudio Dark Sky
6 Sennheiser Ie900
7 EE Legend X
8 64 Audio Tia Trio'
9 Oriveti OV8001
10 Campfire Dorado 2020
11 Campfire Andromeda
12 Etymotic Er4 Xr
13 Westone W60
14 Shure 846
15 Audiofly Af1120
16 Ultimate ears Triple.fi 10
17 Ultimate ears Ue900s
18 Sennheiser ie 800
19 Imr Acoustics R1 Zenith
Nice list. The IE600 is really good rated for its price. Is the reason more of your enjoyment, the tuning or a technical?

Sep 20, 2022 at 2:24 AM Post #4,146 of 5,132
Nice list. The IE600 is really good rated for its price. Is the reason more of your enjoyment, the tuning or a technical?
Thank you! Sennheiser ie 600 is in my opinion a right mix of fun and technicalities together. It's a headset that I listen to for hours without ever getting tired. It does not have the technicalities of Indigo Sultan and Thunder, but the level is still high. To date, I find it the best in terms of value for money heard. I find it superior to Ie900 as a general balance. The fit then (together with Ie 900) is the best for me to date.

Sep 27, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #4,147 of 5,132
Update #2
  1. JH x L-acoustic Contour XO
  2. Sony IER-Z1R
  3. VE Phonix
  4. 64audio U12t
  5. 64audio Trio
  6. Sennheiser IE600
  7. Sennheiser IE900
  8. Campfire Dorado 2020
  9. Campfire Andromeda 2020
  10. Akg K3003
  11. Moondrop B2
  12. Timeless 7hz
  13. Moondrop Aria

Sep 27, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #4,148 of 5,132
Just arrived - Astell & Kern Pathfinder

IMG_2188.jpg

Sep 27, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #4,149 of 5,132
Kse1200
Ier z1r
Final a8000
U12t
Fiio fdx
Ie900

Sep 29, 2022 at 5:00 AM Post #4,150 of 5,132
Ok...

I had to find a solution... undecidable - I was - for the top position (#1). And I found it. Finally. This morming. After a hectic night (I know, I am a crazy guy... :sleepy: :beyersmile::deadhorse:). This really bothered me, as I take this personal ranking very seriously ... :robot:

Here it is :

The magnificent ten, em... thirteen ! (or the thirteen assassins...) :k701smile:

DAP : Aune m1s, balanced output, fast filter (One gear to rule them all... )

1/ FiiO FH9 (Absolute weapon of mass destruction).
And...
1/ Aure Audio Ringo (True magic).
And...
1/ Aure Audio Elixir (aka "Squaring the Circle").

Then :

2/ Rhapsodio Supreme Mk2 (Lord of the Audiophile Rings)
3/ Final A8000 (Gods of infinite clarity)
4/ Rhapsodio Infinity Mk2 (Kaiser Encore on steroids !)
5/ Noble Kaiser Encore (Emperor of the razor-sharp... katana's)
6/ Empire Ears Zeus XRA (United colors)
7/ Jomo Flamenco (hidden son of Zeus XIV and Kaiser Encore)
8/ FitEar 435 (Muhammad Ali is back)
9/ FitEar To Go ! 334 v3 (Baron von tone)
10/ FitEar a111 (for my podcast, what a shame ! : still very good ; light foot 😇)

Much, much, much more satisfying ! :beerchug:

Almost terminated (life is cruel...):upside_down: :

Campfire Solaris (very good, euphonic and fun sounding gear, but I have to choose), Oriolus Oriolus (the same), UM Mason V3 (so smooth and musical, liquid, but a little sleepy), Andromeda V2 (everything very good but nothing really exceptional, except for the soundstage)...

Terminated (RIP):sleepy: :

U12t (boring, generic tuning...), u18t (very good but... no magic), Fourté Noir (very weird tuning !...), Legend X (too much BASS for me...), Dunu Luna (too safe for me), Sony Z1r (king of the V tuning but...), Jomo Trinity brass (no homogeneity...), Campfire Altas v1 (huge bass, and ?...), Fidue a83 (my first real love but... Meh... sorry), Brainwavz B2 (only treble), Qdc Anole vx (boring), Vsonic gr07 (no phonic isolation), Jomo Samba (well, very clean, but...?), Audio Technica IM03 (there is a long, long time ago... ), Ultimate Ears ue18+ v3 (very - boring...), TDK BA200 (flat, boring, muffled...)...

(...)

And a lot more, but I have forget them... 😅

Want to hear :

Craft Audio Aurum, Fir Audio Kr5, Thieaudio Monarch mkII, Empire Ears Legend X Evo and Odyssey, Nostalgia Audio Camelot, Istfit Fusion, UM Indigo, Alambic Ears Mentawai (last version)... non-exhaustive list. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That's all folks 😋👍
Updated and specified, for the first three entries (I am too lazy for the rest...) :

Ok...

I had to find a solution... undecidable - I was - for the top position (#1). And I found it. Finally.

Here it is :

The magnificent ten, em... thirteen ! (or the thirteen assassins...) :k701smile:

DAP : Aune m1s, balanced output, fast filter (One gear to rule them all... ).

And :

1/ FiiO FH9 (Absolute - balanced - weapon of mass destruction). Stock balanced cable (just excellent) and tips "Canal Works 肉球 Gel Wide Bore" L.
And...
1/ Aure Audio Ringo (Perfect alliance of a reference tuning and a magic spell). Aaw Aoraki x4 balanced cable (TOTL as I think) and tips "Canal Works 肉球 Gel Narrow Bore" L.
And...
1/ Aure Audio Elixir (aka "Squaring the - analog - Circle"). PlusSound Tri-copper x8 balanced cable (one of it's kind) and tips "Canal Works 肉球 Gel Narrow Bore" L.

Then :

Well.... Craft Audio Aurum (PlusSound Tri-copper x8 balanced cable - one of it's kind - or EA Eros II x8 balances cable - way less good that the aforementioned Tri-copper x 8 or, "worse", Aaw Aoraki x4 cable - hell of a cable, one of the best as I think - ) and tips "Canal Works 肉球 Gel Narrow Bore" L) = a real problem about these uiem's... they are just power (current) hungry. Never seen a thing like that before !!!!... So, one of the best uiem I know, but one of the less drivable product too (worse, with my dap, than a full size headphone like a Final 8000 pro !! :beyersmile:)... So about a real ranking ? I don't know... :triportsad: But they are really, really, really good, at the top of my food chain... In my top ranking gears, 3 or 4 places.

2/ Rhapsodio Supreme Mk2 (Lord of the Audiophile Rings)
3/ Final A8000 (Gods of infinite clarity)
4/ Rhapsodio Infinity Mk2 (Kaiser Encore on steroids !)
5/ Noble Kaiser Encore (Emperor of the razor-sharp... katana's)
6/ Empire Ears Zeus XRA (United colors)
7/ Jomo Flamenco (hidden son of Zeus XIV and Kaiser Encore)
8/ FitEar 435 (Muhammad Ali is back)
9/ FitEar To Go ! 334 v3 (Baron von tone)
10/ FitEar a111 (Japanese lightning fast feet 😇)

Much, much, much more satisfying ! :beerchug:

Almost terminated (life is cruel...):upside_down: :

Campfire Solaris (very good, euphonic and fun sounding gear, but I have to choose), Oriolus Oriolus (the same), UM Mason V3 (so smooth and musical, liquid, but a little sleepy), Andromeda V2 (everything very good but nothing really exceptional, except for the soundstage)...

Terminated (RIP):sleepy: :

U12t (boring, generic tuning...), u18t (very good but... no magic), Fourté Noir (very weird tuning !...), Legend X (too much BASS for me...), Dunu Luna (too safe for me), Sony Z1r (king of the V tuning but...), Jomo Trinity brass (no homogeneity...), Campfire Altas v1 (huge bass, and ?...), Fidue a83 (my first real love but... Meh... sorry), Brainwavz B2 (only treble), Qdc Anole vx (boring), Vsonic gr07 (no phonic isolation), Jomo Samba (well, very clean, but...?), Audio Technica IM03 (there is a long, long time ago... ), Ultimate Ears ue18+ v3 (very - boring...), TDK BA200 (flat, boring, muffled...), Earsonic Grace (I don't even understand what they wanted to do... veiled, muddy... a total mess :sleepy:), Alambic Ears Mundaka (very fun but way to bassy for me, disbalanced)...

(...)

And a lot more, but I have forget them... 😅

Want to hear :

Fir Audio Kr5, Thieaudio Monarch mkII, Empire Ears Legend X Evo and Odyssey, Nostalgia Audio Camelot, Istfit Fusion, UM Indigo, Alambic Ears Mentawai (last version), Noble Kublai Khan, Viking, Ragnar, JH Jolene... non-exhaustive list. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That's all folks 😋👍

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back