Rank the IEM's you've heard
Sep 9, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #4,126 of 5,135
Because they don't sound metallic at all. Not in the least. They sound very natural. I have no clue of what you are talking about. Not only I'm telling you from experience but EVERY REVIEWER didn't say they sound metallic.
So either you heard defective ones or your hearing is different than 95% of the population (which is possible).

Jabra 7 pro (after update), liberty 3 pro (after hear ID test), beoplay ex (I don't recommended them), and momentum 3 TWS all sound better than the galaxy buds pro which sounds better than the any of the Sony TWS. Sony xm3 or xm4 aren't even in the top 10 for best sounding although they are still decent sounding. They don't belong in the discussion when talking about TWS sets with best sound quality.
Your attitude is absurd. You might consider the fact that every person has different ears and different explanation of what metallic sound means.

Sep 10, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #4,127 of 5,135
Your attitude is absurd. You might consider the fact that every person has different ears and different explanation of what metallic sound means.
Perhaps we could start with coming to an agreement or description of what metallic means? Is it just an FR change or effect the attack,decay, sustain, or release of a note/instrument?

Sep 10, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #4,128 of 5,135
Perhaps we could start with coming to an agreement or description of what metallic means?

Imagine the kind of echo/reverberations you'd hear while listening too loud inside an iron pipe.

Sep 10, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #4,130 of 5,135
So to you its more of an overall timbre change? Almost like adding a specific type locational reverb.

Yeah basically-- like a slight metallic ringing is present in the lower treble or upper mids.

Edit: I'm just describing what I mean by the term when I use it-- I could be way off what others mean.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #4,131 of 5,135
Yeah basically-- like a slight metallic ringing is present in the lower treble or upper mids.

Edit: I'm just describing what I mean by the term when I use it-- I could be way off what others mean.
No that makes sense to me and I am inclined to agree. I cannot remember the name of the plugin for the life of me but where I used to work we had this protools 11 reverb plugin that had models from all around the world. I mean everywhere...like famous caves, churches, train stations, etc etc.

You could essentially put your entire mix or single instrument anywhere you wanted very convincingly. The downside being is it was like 800 bucks or something and you had to keep buying the locations lol.

Ill bet they had a metal tube in there.

Sep 10, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #4,132 of 5,135
No that makes sense to me and I am inclined to agree. I cannot remember the name of the plugin for the life of me but where I used to work we had this protools 11 reverb plugin that had models from all around the world. I mean everywhere...like famous caves, churches, train stations, etc etc.

You could essentially put your entire mix or single instrument anywhere you wanted very convincingly. The downside being is it was like 800 bucks or something and you had to keep buying the locations lol.

Ill bet they had a metal tube in there.
Convolution reverb
You can get a flanger to do “metal pipe” too.

Sep 12, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #4,133 of 5,135
I have not said that the Buds Pro sound metallic. I just said that to me they sound worse than the Sony XM3s, and that the Sony XM3s don't sound metallic.

You may be referring to the user of the original message.

And also what I was telling you is that all those that you say will sound better than the XM3 for you, and for those reviewers that you refer to. Not for me, nor for many other people.

This sound thing is all a matter of taste. To me the 7hz Timeless sounds better than the 64audio U12t (I have had both). Not just better, much better. And all the reviewers in the world can say the opposite, I don't care...
I can agree with you on that.
I have eq the timeless to match the bass of the ie600 and even out the treble (with qudelix-5k) and it gives my mest ii a run for its money and matches my ie600 for enjoyment (I enjoy the equed timeless more than the mest ii in every way except Staging)

Sep 12, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #4,134 of 5,135
I stated the possibility that his hearing was different than the majority of listeners (as most of us do not hear the metallic timbre).
So you are just repeating what I said but at the same time saying that it is absurd?

Sep 13, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #4,135 of 5,135
updated

1/ FiiO FH9 (Absolute weapon of mass destruction). and...
2/ Aure Audio Ringo (aka "Squaring the Circle") Maybe my first choice ? 🤔
3/ Rhapsodio Supreme Mk2 (Lord of the Audiophile Rings)
4/ Final A8000 (Gods of infinite clarity)
5/ Rhapsodio Infinity Mk2 (Kaiser Encore on steroids !)
6/ Noble Kaiser Encore (Emperor of the razor-sharp... katana's)
7/ Empire Ears Zeus XRA (United colors)
8/ Jomo Flamenco (hidden son of Zeus XIV and Kaiser Encore)
9/ FitEar 435 (Muhammad Ali is back)
10/ FitEar To Go ! 334 v3 (Baron von tone)

Almost terminated :

FitEar a111 (for my podcast : still very good ; light foot 😇), Campfire Solaris (very good, euphonic and fun sounding gear, but I have to choose), Oriolus Oriolus (the same), UM Mason V3 (so smooth and musical, liquid, but a little sleepy), Andromeda V2 (everything very good but nothing really exceptional)...

Terminated :

U12t (boring, generic tuning), u18t (very good but no real magic), Fourté Noir (very weird tuning...), , Legend X (too much BASS for me...), Dunu Luna (too safe for me), Sony Z1r (king of the V tuning but...), Jomo Trinity brass (no homogeneity...), Campfire Altas v1 (huge bass, and ?), Fidue a83 (my first real love but... Meh... sorry), Brainwavz B2 (only treble), Qdc Anole vx (boring), Vsonic gr07 (no phonic isolation), Jomo Samba (well...?), TDK BA200 (flat, boring, muffled...), (...)

And a lot more, but I have forget them... 😅

That's all folks 😋👍
Updated

The magnificent ten, em... twelve ! :k701smile:

1/ FiiO FH9 (Absolute weapon of mass destruction).

And...

2/ Aure Audio Ringo (True magic). Maybe my first choice ? 🤔
3/ Aure Audio Elixir (aka "Squaring the Circle"). Maybe my second choice ? 🤔
4/ Rhapsodio Supreme Mk2 (Lord of the Audiophile Rings)
5/ Final A8000 (Gods of infinite clarity)
6/ Rhapsodio Infinity Mk2 (Kaiser Encore on steroids !)
7/ Noble Kaiser Encore (Emperor of the razor-sharp... katana's)
8/ Empire Ears Zeus XRA (United colors)
9/ Jomo Flamenco (hidden son of Zeus XIV and Kaiser Encore)
10/ FitEar 435 (Muhammad Ali is back)

And...

11/ FitEar To Go ! 334 v3 (Baron von tone)

And...

12/ FitEar a111 (for my podcast, what a shame ! : still very good ; light foot 😇)

Almost terminated (life is cruel...):upside_down: :

Campfire Solaris (very good, euphonic and fun sounding gear, but I have to choose), Oriolus Oriolus (the same), UM Mason V3 (so smooth and musical, liquid, but a little sleepy), Andromeda V2 (everything very good but nothing really exceptional, except for the soundstage)...

Terminated (RIP):sleepy: :

U12t (boring, generic tuning...), u18t (very good but... no magic), Fourté Noir (very weird tuning !...), Legend X (too much BASS for me...), Dunu Luna (too safe for me), Sony Z1r (king of the V tuning but...), Jomo Trinity brass (no homogeneity...), Campfire Altas v1 (huge bass, and ?...), Fidue a83 (my first real love but... Meh... sorry), Brainwavz B2 (only treble), Qdc Anole vx (boring), Vsonic gr07 (no phonic isolation), Jomo Samba (well, very clean, but...?), Audio Technica IM03 (there is a long, long time ago... ), Ultimate Ears ue18+ v3 (very - boring...), TDK BA200 (flat, boring, muffled...)...

(...)

That's all folks 😋👍

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 4:19 AM Post #4,136 of 5,135
Updated

The magnificent ten, em... twelve ! :k701smile:

And...

2/ Aure Audio Ringo (True magic). Maybe my first choice ? 🤔
3/ Aure Audio Elixir (aka "Squaring the Circle"). Maybe my second choice ? 🤔
4/ Rhapsodio Supreme Mk2 (Lord of the Audiophile Rings)
5/ Final A8000 (Gods of infinite clarity)
6/ Rhapsodio Infinity Mk2 (Kaiser Encore on steroids !)
7/ Noble Kaiser Encore (Emperor of the razor-sharp... katana's)
8/ Empire Ears Zeus XRA (United colors)
9/ Jomo Flamenco (hidden son of Zeus XIV and Kaiser Encore)
10/ FitEar 435 (Muhammad Ali is back)

And...

11/ FitEar To Go ! 334 v3 (Baron von tone)

And...

12/ FitEar a111 (for my podcast, what a shame ! : still very good ; light foot 😇)

Campfire Solaris (very good, euphonic and fun sounding gear, but I have to choose), Oriolus Oriolus (the same), UM Mason V3 (so smooth and musical, liquid, but a little sleepy), Andromeda V2 (everything very good but nothing really exceptional, except for the soundstage)...

U12t (boring, generic tuning...), u18t (very good but... no magic), Fourté Noir (very weird tuning !...), Legend X (too much BASS for me...), Dunu Luna (too safe for me), Sony Z1r (king of the V tuning but...), Jomo Trinity brass (no homogeneity...), Campfire Altas v1 (huge bass, and ?...), Fidue a83 (my first real love but... Meh... sorry), Brainwavz B2 (only treble), Qdc Anole vx (boring), Vsonic gr07 (no phonic isolation), Jomo Samba (well, very clean, but...?), Audio Technica IM03 (there is a long, long time ago... ), Ultimate Ears ue18+ v3 (very - boring...), TDK BA200 (flat, boring, muffled...)...

(...)

That's all folks 😋👍

Ok...

I had to find a solution... undecidable - I was - for the top position (#1). And I found it. Finally. This morming. After a hectic night (I know, I am a crazy guy... :sleepy: :beyersmile::deadhorse:). This really bothered me, as I take this personal ranking very seriously ... :robot:

Here it is :

The magnificent ten, em... thirteen ! (or the thirteen assassins...) :k701smile:

And...
1/ Aure Audio Ringo (True magic).
And...
1/ Aure Audio Elixir (aka "Squaring the Circle").

Then :

2/ Rhapsodio Supreme Mk2 (Lord of the Audiophile Rings)
3/ Final A8000 (Gods of infinite clarity)
4/ Rhapsodio Infinity Mk2 (Kaiser Encore on steroids !)
5/ Noble Kaiser Encore (Emperor of the razor-sharp... katana's)
6/ Empire Ears Zeus XRA (United colors)
7/ Jomo Flamenco (hidden son of Zeus XIV and Kaiser Encore)
8/ FitEar 435 (Muhammad Ali is back)
9/ FitEar To Go ! 334 v3 (Baron von tone)
10/ FitEar a111 (for my podcast, what a shame ! : still very good ; light foot 😇)

Much, much, much more satisfying ! :beerchug:

(...)

Want to hear :

Craft Audio Aurum, Fir Audio Kr5, Thieaudio Monarch mkII, Empire Ears Legend X Evo and Odyssey, Nostalgia Audio Camelot, Istfit Fusion, UM Indigo, Alambic Ears Mentawai (last version)... non-exhaustive list. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That's all folks 😋👍

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 4:47 AM Post #4,137 of 5,135
Thats hard... some are not better/worse but different and some i only listened to for a short time. I assume this is meant for something you owned or at least tesed for a longer time

1.) IER-M9
2.) IER-Z1R, A8000, HS2000MX
3.) TG335
4.) XBA-Z5
5.) XBA-N3, FH9, FA9
6.) E5000, E4000, A4000, HS1300SS, IE900
7.) KATO, Blessing 2 Dusk
8.) E1000
9.) CHU

But it all depends on the song or situation. I would never ever use the Blessing 2 Dusk for any live recording whatsoever. The E1000 beats it for that. There are songs that sound better on the A4000 than on the TG335, depending on the song. So its rather an "on average" for me

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 5:28 AM Post #4,138 of 5,135
Ok...

I had to find a solution... undecidable - I was - for the top position (#1). And I found it. Finally. This morming. After a hectic night (I know, I am a crazy guy... :sleepy: :beyersmile::deadhorse:). This really bothered me, as I take this personal ranking very seriously ... :robot:

Here it is :

The magnificent ten, em... thirteen ! (or the thirteen assassins...) :k701smile:

And...
1/ Aure Audio Ringo (True magic).
And...
1/ Aure Audio Elixir (aka "Squaring the Circle").

Then :

That's cheating... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You have to decide, even if it is based on which one you like more aesthetically. :smile:

Sep 16, 2022 at 6:12 AM Post #4,139 of 5,135
That's cheating... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You have to decide, even if it is based on which one you like more aesthetically. :smile:
In fact, these all three don't sound the same, but all three are right in they're own : at my very first rank. From a musical - and technical - points of view. :beyersmile:

I would say the Elixir's are the hidden children of FH9's and... the Ringo's ! Compared to the latter, there is an excellent quality of tones, with great finesse, but not at such at the same insane high level. Compared to the FH9's, the same physicality, the same incredible punch (it grows but... :deadhorse:), the same tones density, but less clean and... a little more fun (although the FH9's are - I would say in comparison - more "reference oriented" with bass boost ; black filters). Elixir's remain however "something else" than an "average sound (both technically and musically wise) assembly" between these 2 uiems, not more than they would be a sort of "super FH9" or "super Ringo". I say this because it might seem so. But... no. :sleepy:

Besides, I still think the FH9s are my current top uiem's, all prices and technologies included. I was a bit nervous to listen to them again after the Elixir's (I've had them in my ears non-stop for 3 days, to optimize them)... but... these demonic Fh9's have quickly put the church back in the middle of the village... like "Saint Peter's Basilica in the Vatican" ! :k701smile:

That all. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #4,140 of 5,135
Ranking update 3

1 Unique Melody Mest Indigo
2 Noble Audio Sultan
3 Aroma Thunder ( Sound great, potentially superior to Sultan but I would have to look for another cable (to open it slightly to mid-high) and I prefer to try something else.
4 Sennheiser Ie 600
5 Faaudio Dark Sky
6 Sennheiser Ie900
7 EE Legend X
8 64 Audio Tia Trio'
9 Oriveti OV8001
10 Campfire Dorado 2020
11 Campfire Andromeda
12 Etymotic Er4 Xr
13 Westone W60
14 Shure 846
15 Audiofly Af1120