4) Legend X
5) Campfire Atlas
6)Campfire Andro Gold
7) 64 Audio U12t
8) Campfire Andromeda
9) Empire Ears Phantom
10) 64 Audio Tia Trio
11) Noble Kahn

Had a brief meetup with @SBranson today and was finally able to demo a Legend X. Some of the best bass I've heard and not as overwhelming as I'd expected. I still prefer the more balanced sound of the VX and Solaris overall.

Oct 12, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #2,087 of 5,133
As mentioned above, @Rockwell75 and I had a brief meet up and he graciously let me try out the Anole VX and N6ii.
I was really taken by the VX with it's tuneable switch configurations. At first I was a little taken aback with such a flat response in comparison to the LX but the bass was truly amazing for a BA only iem.
After a few tracks with that very nice midrange I switched it into "V-shaped" mode with 1 and 3 in the up position and it put a nice grin on my face.
It's not so much that I'm a real aficionado of the "V" but it was more like the LX and was easier to compare that way and boy they sound great.

I would need a bit more time to adjust to a new sound so it's not going to supplant the LX/WM1A pairing for the no.1 spot on my list but I can safely put it at no.2 as it is more versatile than the Phantom.

So.. my revised top ten list is:

1. Empire Ears Legend X
2. QDC Anole VX
3. Empire Ears Phantom
4. Noble Encore
5. Noble Katana
6. Campfire Andromeda
7. EE Bravado
8. Noble Audio Savant - I prefer the soundstage to S8F
9. Fearless Audio S8F
10. Empire Ears ESR

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #2,088 of 5,133
Update: add A2H, FIBAE 1/2/3 and TE-05

01. Custom Art FIBAE Black (Universal)
02. Empire Ears Spartan-IV ADEL (Universal)
03. iBasso IT04
04. Empire Ears Bravado (Universal)
05. Campfire Audio Vega
06. EarSonics Velvet V2
07. Custom Art FIBAE 2 (Universal)
08. Oriolus Forsteni
09. Heir Audio 5.0
10. Custom Art FIBAE 3 (Universal)
11. Campfire Audio Lyra II
12. Massdrop x Noble X
13. Noble Audio Trident
14. EarSonics ES3
15. iBasso IT01
16. Custom Art FIBAE 1 (Universal)
17. FiiO FH1
18. Fostex TE-05
19. AAW A2H Pro V2
20. EarSonics SM2-iFI

Thoughts on the IT04?

Oct 13, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #2,089 of 5,133
1. Empire Ears Legend x
2. Jomo Audio Trinity Brass
3. Campfire Audio Andromeda Gold
4. Campfire Audio Solaris
5. Fearless Audio ACME8
6. Rha Cl2
7. Sony Ex1000
8. Beyerdynamic Xelento
9. Noble Kaiser 10
10.Shure SE846
11. Bgvp DM6
12. JH Rosie’s
13. Campfire Comet
14. Imr R1 zenith

Oct 13, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #2,090 of 5,133
Thoughts on the IT04?
Firstable, I never owned the IT04, just had them on loan for a limited time. I could test them only with my player that I had at this time, a Cowon Plenue R. I really liked the dynamics of IT04, a very lively side with bass and treble accurate and fun. I remember that on the title "Heaven And Hell" of Black Sabbath, it was nirvana.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #2,091 of 5,133
As mentioned above, @Rockwell75 and I had a brief meet up and he graciously let me try out the Anole VX and N6ii.
I was really taken by the VX with it's tuneable switch configurations. At first I was a little taken aback with such a flat response in comparison to the LX but the bass was truly amazing for a BA only iem.
After a few tracks with that very nice midrange I switched it into "V-shaped" mode with 1 and 3 in the up position and it put a nice grin on my face.
It's not so much that I'm a real aficionado of the "V" but it was more like the LX and was easier to compare that way and boy they sound great.

I would need a bit more time to adjust to a new sound so it's not going to supplant the LX/WM1A pairing for the no.1 spot on my list but I can safely put it at no.2 as it is more versatile than the Phantom.

So.. my revised top ten list is:

1. Empire Ears Legend X
2. QDC Anole VX
3. Empire Ears Phantom
4. Noble Encore
5. Noble Katana
6. Campfire Andromeda
7. EE Bravado
8. Noble Audio Savant - I prefer the soundstage to S8F
9. Fearless Audio S8F
10. Empire Ears ESR

I've been thinking a lot about that wonderful bass...I'm tempted to place it above the Z1R on my list but my top 3 are all IEMs I've owned from a few weeks to a few months and I feel like I'd need a longer demo rank anything above them...one day maybe I'll get another chance. Thanks again!

1. Empire Ears Legend x
5. Fearless Audio ACME8
6. Rha Cl2
7. Sony Ex1000
8. Beyerdynamic Xelento
9. Noble Kaiser 10
10.Shure SE846
11. Bgvp DM6
12. JH Rosie’s
13. Campfire Comet
14. Imr R1 zenith

I liked AG but imho it lacked a certain something to place it in the top tier of my ranking. Would love to hear your impressions of the Trinity Brass.

Oct 13, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #2,092 of 5,133
I've been thinking a lot about that wonderful bass...I'm tempted to place it above the Z1R on my list but my top 3 are all IEMs I've owned from a few weeks to a few months and I feel like I'd need a longer demo rank anything above them...one day maybe I'll get another chance. Thanks again!

I liked AG but imho it lacked a certain something to place it in the top tier of my ranking. Would love to hear your impressions of the Trinity Brass.
I need some more listening time with them :) these are awesome iems for sure :)

same for AG .. they grow on you with more listening time . I part with my Solaris cause of these :)

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #2,093 of 5,133
1/2. IER M9 (Scarily balance with top notch timbre, imaging king)
1/2. KSE1200 (Scarily details with outstanding imaging, thin ish vocals)
3. EX1000 (Biggest soundstage for imaging but can be hazy in a crowded track)
4. ER2SE (Cheapest, most coherent, most details at this price range)
5. Rai Penta (Controlled bass with top notch vocal presentation-lack highs and imaging)
6. Anole VX (Outstanding details but sounds artificial, imaging is average - boosted bass is a con - jack of all trades, master of none)
7. CL2/ iSINE20/ EX800st (CL2 vocals is like an old speaker setup, 20&800 are open but with low res)
8. Empire Ears EVR (outstanding vocals separation but lacks of highs and imaging)
9. Andromeda V3 (good all rounder but with lacking vocals)
10. CA Comet (Best all rounder for relax warm listening at this price)

edit: will be regularly updated with description
I'm a neutral head and prioritize on vocals tonality, my rank is strictly based on that.

honorable mention;
ER4SR - clinical with BAs tonality
ZS5 - cheapest IEM that took me into the game
ZSR - more intimate of ZS5
Galaxy Buds - the best wireless ive ever had hands down

Ramble about anole VX; VX tried to beat the crowd with its reso performance but forgot that they boosted up the BAs bass. There is missing in mids warmth resulting it to be somewhat fake-ish sound together with boosted highs and the dip at 6-8khz to add more salt. Number 6 is given for the respect of its resolution but I'll pick 7,8,9,10 to enjoy music in everyday life. Again, this is strictly my opinion.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #2,094 of 5,133
1. Empire Ears Legend x
5. Fearless Audio ACME8
6. Rha Cl2
7. Sony Ex1000
8. Beyerdynamic Xelento
9. Noble Kaiser 10
10.Shure SE846
11. Bgvp DM6
12. JH Rosie’s
13. Campfire Comet
14. Imr R1 zenith
tell me about your new jomo :wink:

Oct 13, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #2,095 of 5,133
Alright, it took me some time to decide, but here we go:

1. Sony Z1R
2. Shure KSE1200
3. Audeze LCDi4
4. Anole VX
5. Campfire Andromeda (v3)
6. Sony M9
7. Empire Ears Zeus XIV
8. Empire Ears Legend X
9. Campfire Andromeda Gold
10. Noble Audio Khan

Had to think really hard about it, but after extensive listening to the Andromeda Gold, I’ve bumped the EX1000 off the list and moving down Khan down to 10.

The Andromeda Gold do not wow on initial listen, but they’re so so pleasurable to listen to as you use them more. Excellent imaging, massive soundstage, detailed bass, some of the most direct and realistic vocals I’ve listened to and still has the Andro OG upper treble hidden away a bit with the boosted bass. But dang, these just jive with me. I listen to a lot of indie rock and the sound signature + tuning just works. Also great for extended listening. Detailed without being fatiguing. Layering for days as same as OG Andro.

Not to mention the long nozzle which improves isolation and fit. It’s also among the comfiest IEMs I’ve ever worn. Complete isolation on noisy subways.

EX1000 has super nice bass (quick and flat) and laser imaging but I just gotta push it down because of the lack of isolation and odd fit. Also, mids and upper treble are outperformed by other IEMs on this list.
I honestly feels like M9 imaging outclass ex1000. Just ex1000 has that infinite imaging when things are on left/right, they do super far left/right. - soundstage on ex1000 in width is ridiculous

Oct 13, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #2,096 of 5,133
I honestly feels like M9 imaging outclass ex1000. Just ex1000 has that infinite imaging when things are on left/right, they do super far left/right. - soundstage on ex1000 in width is ridiculous

I've been thinking about buying the M9 for a few weeks. I currently intersperse between the EX1000 and JVC HA-FD02, and although I'm quite satisfied with both, this hobby always leads you to keep looking for something that improves what you have. With what musical genres do you think the M9 performs better? Thank you very much for your impressions. I'm looking forward to reading your comparison with the Z1R!

Oct 13, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #2,097 of 5,133
I've been thinking about buying the M9 for a few weeks. I currently intersperse between the EX1000 and JVC HA-FD02, and although I'm quite satisfied with both, this hobby always leads you to keep looking for something that improves what you have. With what musical genres do you think the M9 performs better? Thank you very much for your impressions. I'm looking forward to reading your comparison with the Z1R!
Hi, M9 is balance. If u are a neutral bias, pretty much u will like the M9 presentation. My most fav genre lately is toward vocal centric. I do mostly kpop vocals like IU, Heize, Taeyeon, Dean, etc. You can look up for them in spotify to know the ideas what im listening for. Regarding z1r, im planning to get a demo/own for awhile just to compare between these two. Just to know what Sony tries to separate these two model and make z1r as the totl instead of the neutral M9. As far as i know, z1r mids is a bit dipped and overall signature is mildly U which subbass and highs extension focus.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #2,099 of 5,133
i love my ex1000 for me its a KING :) coming from obravo ra-c-cu , eamt 2c , shure se535 ,xelento , piano forte-xg ...
Tbh, i was a fan of ex1000 until M9 came into my collection. Ex1000 can be a bit hazy for crowded track.

Oct 13, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #2,100 of 5,133
my preference for the music ; electronic - Astronaut Ape , Koan , Jare, Schiller, Biliński .... other Faithless , Enya, Enigma , Madonna, Pink Floyd, The Midnight, , 80'S
for this Ex1000 is perfect :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back