Rank the IEM's you've heard
Oct 13, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #2,101 of 5,126
my preference for the music ; electronic - Astronaut Ape , Koan , Jare, Schiller, Biliński .... other Faithless , Enya, Enigma , Madonna, Pink Floyd, The Midnight, , 80'S
for this Ex1000 is perfect :)
True, if u are happy with the current set. There is no reason to buy new iems/headphones unless you want to try something new :)

Oct 19, 2019 at 2:43 AM Post #2,102 of 5,126
1. Shure kse 1200. Weird frequency response peak and dip but outperforms other iem's. Single diaphragm driver is speaker like in its reproduction and sounds much more pleasing than disjointed multi driver iem's. Requires a proper seal with foam tips to provide body and bass.
2. noble audio khan. Quite nice all round but hot treble.
3. 64 audio u12t. Good technically due to the sheer number of drivers, but i felt they had staged back, diffused mid range.
4. Andromeda. Really, a fantastic and safe option. I've considered going back a number of times for versatility.

I'm interested in trying the 64 audio tia trio.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #2,104 of 5,126
Any recommendations for Classic rock/Metal music with fast bass and detailed mids and non harsh trebles. And to drive with N6ii without hiss.

Thanks in advance!

Oct 26, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #2,105 of 5,126
Any recommendations for Classic rock/Metal music with fast bass and detailed mids and non harsh trebles. And to drive with N6ii without hiss.

Thanks in advance!

You really have to check out Sony IER-M9. They pair very well with N6ii (A01 motherboard). The sound is extremely musical and well balanced with no sacrifices or weaknesses. I am sure it will meet all your needs!

Some people on head-fi have also reported the sweetness of M9 and N6ii too.

Oct 28, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #2,107 of 5,126
Updating my ranking. After owning both the Z1R and M9, I slightly prefer the M9.

Tier 1

Sony IER-M9
Sony IER-Z1R
Jomo Trinity

Tier 2
Campfire Andromeda
64 Audio U18t
Jerry Harvey Audio Layla
Audeze LCD-i4

Tier 3
Campfire Atlas
Campfire Solaris
64 Audio Tia Fourte

Tier 4
qdc Neptune
CA Vega
Audeze isine 20

Tier 5
BGVP DM6

Tier 6
Sennheiser ie80
Shure SE846
CA Orion
Shure ER4XR

Tier 7
Westone W30
Shure SE215
Visang R02
Bose ie2
KZ ZS6

Tier 8
VJJB-V1S

Tier 9
Panasonic RPHJE120S

Oct 28, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #2,108 of 5,126
Updating my ranking. After owning both the Z1R and M9, I slightly prefer the M9.

Tier 1

Sony IER-M9
Sony IER-Z1R
Jomo Trinity

Tier 2
Campfire Andromeda
64 Audio U18t
Jerry Harvey Audio Layla
Audeze LCD-i4

Tier 3
Campfire Atlas
Campfire Solaris
64 Audio Tia Fourte

Tier 4
qdc Neptune
CA Vega
Audeze isine 20

Tier 5
BGVP DM6

Tier 6
Sennheiser ie80
Shure SE846
CA Orion
Shure ER4XR

Tier 7
Westone W30
Shure SE215
Visang R02
Bose ie2
KZ ZS6

Tier 8
VJJB-V1S

Tier 9
Panasonic RPHJE120S
I like the Tier approach, I'm gonna steal that haha

Oct 28, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #2,109 of 5,126

Tier 1

Sony IER-M9
Sony IER-Z1R
Jomo Trinity

Tier 2
Campfire Andromeda
64 Audio U18t
Jerry Harvey Audio Layla
Audeze LCD-i4

Tier 3
Campfire Atlas
Campfire Solaris
64 Audio Tia Fourte

Tier 4
qdc Neptune
CA Vega
Audeze isine 20

Tier 5
BGVP DM6

Tier 6
Sennheiser ie80
Shure SE846
CA Orion
Shure ER4XR

Tier 7
Westone W30
Shure SE215
Visang R02
Bose ie2
KZ ZS6

Tier 8
VJJB-V1S

Tier 9
Panasonic RPHJE120S
i also would rank the trinity tier 1 :) which version do you have / heard ?

Oct 28, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #2,110 of 5,126

Thanks in advance!

I read Pinky Powers review about the Noble Audio Encore $1850 Universal IEM and purchased them. It took a while to finally find the perfect tip. But later they seemed for me to be the ultimate rock/metal IEM.

Just slightly warm but really fairly neutral with a recession in the lower midrange which draws attention to the mids. Nice big spacious treble which is detailed but not too hot. Out of everything I own they have now risen to the top as daily driver Metal and Rock gems! Honestly I never thought I would like them this much in the end?

Fast and detailed, slightly warm but technically accurate still forgiving in the places you need for metal!

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/noble-audio-kaiser-encore.22120/reviews

Edit:
Don’t know how they are with hiss, don’t own anything with that?

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #2,112 of 5,126
I read Pinky Powers review about the Noble Audio Encore $1850 Universal IEM and purchased them. It took a while to finally find the perfect tip. But later they seemed for me to be the ultimate rock/metal IEM.

Just slightly warm but really fairly neutral with a recession in the lower midrange which draws attention to the mids. Nice big spacious treble which is detailed but not too hot. Out of everything I own they have now risen to the top as daily driver Metal and Rock gems! Honestly I never thought I would like them this much in the end?

Fast and detailed, slightly warm but technically accurate still forgiving in the places you need for metal!

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/noble-audio-kaiser-encore.22120/reviews

I have recently bought the Katana and I’m very surprised by how well it handles rock and metal, so fast and detailed with good sub bass rumble. Beats out the andromeda by a long shot in my opinion.

Oct 28, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #2,113 of 5,126
I have recently bought the Katana and I’m very surprised by how well it handles rock and metal, so fast and detailed with good sub bass rumble. Beats out the andromeda by a long shot in my opinion.
+1 for the Katana, especially if you manage to achieve a good fit

Oct 28, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #2,114 of 5,126

Yes, there is a bunch of fuzzy logic with peoples experiences with the Noble IEMs. Stuff about BA burn-in? I don’t know, the whole thing may have been me myself getting used to a more audiophile bass? That and finally finding tips? I’m at a loss knowing what happened? Lol

But they are great for rock and metal!

Oct 28, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #2,115 of 5,126

Users who are viewing this thread

Back