1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Rank the IEM's you've heard

First

Back
132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141
143 144 145 146 147 148 149
Next

Last
  1. Redcarmoose
    Of course everyone in this thread with any liked success is wanting to spill the beans about what’s out front too. As we all know, we look at this gear as combinations of gear.

2. cr3ativ3
    Yes !

3. mvvRAZ
    I agree, the reason why I mentioned fit is that the Katana has a somewhat weird shape that doesn't allow for a very deep insertion most of the time, and many have an issue with it (it is also smaller than the Encore)

I am sending mine in to get the Prestige treatment soon, as the Khan fits my ear shape really well, and I've always wanted one of them Noble artworks

4. PointyFox
    Bass doesn't require deep insertion. It requires a seal with equal pressure on both sides.

5. mvvRAZ
    i'm not talking about the bass, just the general experience with the IEM

6. PointyFox
    A lot of IEMs aren't made for deep insertion like the IER-Z1R/M9/M7 that have the tip sit in the bowl (concha) of your ear despite being called IEMs. That's why they don't provide flanged tips for those.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  7. mvvRAZ
    I get it, I'm just saying that many people have fitting issued with the Katana due to its shape...

8. Redcarmoose
    Enjoy your new IEM. I totally agree, there is just something that when the Noble universals sit right, it seems to affect the sound as well as comfort. They then are nice?

mvvRAZ likes this.
  9. Rockwell75
    Minor update, with an old favorite plunked in at the bottom.

1) QDC Anole VX
    2) Campfire Solaris
    3) EE Legend X
    4) Sony IER Z1R
    5) Campfire Atlas
    6) Campfire Andro Gold
    7) 64 Audio U12t
    8) Campfire Andromeda
    9) Empire Ears Phantom
    10) 64 Audio Tia Trio
    11) Noble Kahn
    12) Moondrop Kanas Pro

10. Redcarmoose
    I ended up finding the tips included with the IER-Z1R allowed me to get the perfect fit with the Encore universal. But I had the feeling same as you that the nozzle was not long enough, that the IEM side was hitting my ear. I just put up with it, for the longest time. (But it affected the sound) I’m using the clear Sony Hybrid tips now in LL size. I have this belief that the tips at times can add a slight extension getting the IEM nozzle to be effectively longer?

It’s something you could try, as they are sold aftermarket I think. But I tried everything. In this situation the tips need to have a size and distance length.

11. mvvRAZ
    Inspired by the Tier idea, I've created a sort of ranking of the IEMs I own and have heard at Canjams and audio stores

A few notes:
    - Many of those were IEMs I heard for a few minutes, so some of my impressions might not be entirely correct. These are simply what I noticed or felt right off the bat
    - My personal preference is heavily towards a good midrange, with really good treble extension and flat bass. This ranking is based on what I enjoyed and/or didn't enjoy - it is not an objective evaluation of performance
    - Why are all of my IEMs in the top tiers? Well I bought them cause I liked them, of course they'll be in the top tiers

Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 21.16.28.png

Happy listening folks

twiceboss likes this.
  12. twiceboss
    Well, im not alone saying M9 is really worth a tier 1 rank. :)

13. twiceboss
    Interested in Ve8 or Elysium. Which is a better upgrade for ier M9? There are few things that i want from my current fav M9; more controlled bass, wider stage, much better technicalities. Anyone here know about this? Thanks in advance!

nevertheless, M9 is pretty much good all rounder but iem is hard to be a dead set perfect.

14. mvvRAZ
    Knowing the kind of sound you like the Elysium is, IMHO, your endgame

The VE8 has pretty strong midbass

15. Rockwell75
    It's always amazing to me how differently we all rank things. Most surprising to me are your rankings of the LX (along side Elysium etc.) and Tia Trio (which I found almost comically underwhelming). We all hear things differently :)

cr3ativ3 and Tristy like this.
First

Back
132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141
143 144 145 146 147 148 149
Next

Last