Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
Sep 24, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #587 of 3,060

Ferrari F340, gift from daddy/stolen/worlds luckiest ebay auction therefore value of $0/$0/$100 therefore is budget auto much like a 15 year old nissan QED.

What's that I smell? The pungent odor of sarcasm?

Sep 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #589 of 3,060

Ferrari F340, gift from daddy/stolen/worlds luckiest ebay auction therefore value of $0/$0/$100 therefore is budget auto much like a 15 year old nissan QED.
:D \m/ \m/ :D

Sep 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #590 of 3,060
Unsubscribing from this thread.
Too snippy for my liking.
Sorry to see you go but its all been hashed out before about "I got my IE80's for free and I'll pair it with a Clip+ and call it budget". Hence the *Mid-Fi* thread and the title / original post updated to reflect so. Some of the faithful here are very adamant about budget.
:beerchug:

Sep 24, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #591 of 3,060
Well, I have to agree with julian. I suggested making a limit of 300-400 bucks for this thread and instead a mid-fi thread was created, so people should post in it too. It's one thing to get a bargain for a used product or a discount in the store and totally different to start quoting gifted stuff. Like "I got the money as a present/ the AK120 was gifted to me, so this $1500 rig is a budget one and under 200 bucks coz I have only spent 100 bucks for the leather case". 

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #592 of 3,060
Sorry to see you go but its all been hashed out before about "I got my IE80's for free and I'll pair it with a Clip+ and call it budget". Hence the *Mid-Fi* thread and the title / original post updated to reflect so. Some of the faithful here are very adamant about budget.
beerchug.gif

Lol clearly I didnt hit the unsubscribe button.
Though I agree with you 100% regarding the sentiment, I guess its the execution that is more of an irritation.
In any case, it is always a great thread to trawl through and see who has what on a budget.

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #594 of 3,060
Didn't mean to disrupt the thread...if anyone can tell me how to delete my post, I will. Guess I should have read the thread instead of just looking at the pics. Noob mistake.

No biggie, you can't delete but what most people do is edit the post with the little pencil icon in the bottom left corner.
Then they just leave . or a - or the word Deleted etc...

Sep 27, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #596 of 3,060

Used Galaxy S I9000 (Flashed with Slimbean Rom Android 4.3) = $80
Used Xenos X0HA-REP Amp = $30
New Takstar HI2050 = $60
New Shure HPAEC ear pads = $20
New Pailiccs interconnect = $10
Time spent waiting, worrying and flashing = Priceless
All from ebay inclusive of shipping (except DIY interconnect,price above for similar one in ebay).

Sep 27, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #597 of 3,060

Honestly, I found it. Inside was a $400 smartphone and that was free too. They hardly even looked stolen at all. The diamonds found in the glove box (next to the handgun, right under the bloodied bandages) I regard as merely a bonus.

Sep 27, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #598 of 3,060
^^^
Nah, in this case I don't agree. You can totally buy a perfectly working used Samsung i9000 for $80-100 - no stealing, no gifting - that's just for how much they sell nowadays.

Sep 27, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #600 of 3,060
They are a current product, not old, not discontinued, and they cost $300 new, right now.

To quote the thread starter, TrollDragon:

....its all been hashed out before about "I got my IE80's for free and I'll pair it with a Clip+ and call it budget". Hence the *Mid-Fi* thread and the title / original post updated to reflect so. Some of the faithful here are very adamant about budget.
:beerchug:

And on the very same page, almost immediately afterwards, people are posting their portable kit that actually costs over $500.

What is so difficult about respecting the "budget-fi" and "<$200" tags?

I'm not trying to annoy anyone but if people feel budget-fi under $200 is the right place to be posting stuff between $500 and $2000 as has happened lately then they are being a bit dumb, and actually making the thread pointless. I get an email notification for the thread and open the page expecting to see what imaginative or neat or even ordinary thing someone does or enjoys on a tight budget and instead I see over and again stuff that costs many hundreds or sometimes even thousands of dollars. I'll stop bothering you all now as this time it's me who is unsubscribing because this thread reads like a wish list, not a budget-fi thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back