Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
Jan 31, 2015 at 6:03 AM Post #2,041 of 3,060
Maybe the coolest IPod I've ever seen in this thread. Did you, or are you going to change the original battery out?

Yap, coolest IPod = Pink Color.:cool:

Thanks. Yeah I changed the battery, stock one only had an hr of charge. Add $8 to that and I'm still budget fi

If you could IM me the guy's name, price and contact info? There may be a new life in store for this old beast?
:p

I did it myself and its pretty easy. I will caution you, be careful withe the click wheel connector, I broke a mini (got that one nearly free too) before I knew how to do it properly

Feb 2, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #2,043 of 3,060
Thanks. Yeah I changed the battery, stock one only had an hr of charge. Add $8 to that and I'm still budget fi
I did it myself and its pretty easy. I will caution you, be careful withe the click wheel connector, I broke a mini (got that one nearly free too) before I knew how to do it properly

Cool, I'm not sure if my gorilla hands could pull off such a delicate job but I would love to get my Mini back into the mix! It has lived for years right here in the kitchen on the Klipsch Groove, has not held any charge for years now
frown.gif

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #2,044 of 3,060
Cool, I'm not sure if my gorilla hands could pull off such a delicate job but I would love to get my Mini back into the mix! It has lived for years right here in the kitchen on the Klipsch Groove, has not held any charge for years now:frowning2:  

Get the battery on eBay, and watch a utube tutorial on changing the battery. Follow thier steps slowly while pausing in between and it's easy. A good tutorial will point out things to be careful of. I've changed the battery in an iPod mini a few times. Easy.

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #2,045 of 3,060
Get the battery on eBay, and watch a utube tutorial on changing the battery. Follow thier steps slowly while pausing in between and it's easy. A good tutorial will point out things to be careful of. I've changed the battery in an iPod mini a few times. Easy.

The only *really* tricky part is disconnecting the click wheel cable from the logic board. It's a matter of not applying force to the actual ribbon, but only to pry the connection apart. The iFixit guide should explain everything.

If you're considering either a CF or SD upgrade, though, I'd plan on doing it all at the same time to avoid having to reopen the iPod.

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #2,046 of 3,060
The only *really* tricky part is disconnecting the click wheel cable from the logic board. It's a matter of not applying force to the actual ribbon, but only to pry the connection apart. The iFixit guide should explain everything.

If you're considering either a CF or SD upgrade, though, I'd plan on doing it all at the same time to avoid having to reopen the iPod.

I can second that, I broke my click wheel by pulling on the wire

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #2,047 of 3,060
THX jruschme, I'm pretty satisfied with the 1000 songs I have on this player and it was my first iPod. I'll just be happy to have it running under battery power at all again
cool.gif
 Appreciate everyone's help and guidance
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 2, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #2,049 of 3,060
That's good to know however comforting I'm not sure! THX

Feb 4, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #2,051 of 3,060

Users who are viewing this thread

Back