Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
Jun 25, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #1,293 of 3,060

Any more word on what those iems are for the curious?

Yes, indeed you were right.

Its a new 3 - Way Hybrid - IEM by T-PEOS which I heard has been finalized yesterday. 

The final model will look very different from that (actually much much nicer / not blue)

Keep an eye out for a new thread in the portable headphones / IEM forums over the next couple of days (maybe a week) They're trying something exclusively different that will offer high-end sound in stripped down housing and accessories package with the end result being very affordable for the consumer.

Jun 26, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #1,297 of 3,060
  Looks good. That's about my price limit for some new iems and I've been wanting to try multi drivers. I'll probably bite :D

Yes, Sir Kova was right, that's the same earphone in the Sponsor section.

As promised here's the thread for it I created today.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/724546/new-t-peos-alton200-3-way-hybrid-introduction-high-end-sound-cheap-as-chips#post_10663417

Cheers,

Jun 27, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #1,298 of 3,060
Replacement for my Brainwavz for now...I got them for Christmas, so it didn't harm to try them. It's a bit dissapointing to use them but after trying those small triflange tips the sound really improved and I almost enjoy them. Those are a pair of Skullcandy Ink'd btw.

Tri flanges plus lots of EQ work made them pretty decent to use everyday

Jun 27, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #1,300 of 3,060
  I've had several pairs of the ink'd. They're not bad at all, although for there are better options at that price imo. I think they even received a fairly positive review from |joker|

Ah yes, I have read that review, but I'm not sure if it was the same version. But yes, they aren't that bad, at least not when EQ'd, they have some nasty peaks on the highs, and mids are a bit recessed, so I fixed that, and tightened a bit the bass. They are good with low frequencies, can reach pretty deep, and have real sub bass, rather than ugly mid bass.

Jun 29, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #1,301 of 3,060
And...I remembered that I had on my drawers a pair of Philips SHE-3500, so I gave them a try, just to remember how they sounded.
I'm glad that I did it, they are definitely better than the Ink'd, the problem with the Ink'd is that the treble basically sucks, it's like...REALLY harsh, like and "on-off" thing, without decay or something, very very dry and that doesn't sounds pleaseant. The 3500 aren't amazing but they provide better isolation, comfier fit, and better overall sound, I would even say that they are more detailed and with better separation.

Sorry for the crappy pictures, even with Photoshop they are still bad
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back