Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
Jul 19, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #1,366 of 3,060
Well here it is guys the *Used-Fi* thread for posting pictures of your rig that you picked up for $150 but is actually worth $600 since the girl you bought it off was seriously annoyed with her boyfriend and sold his rig for the first offer and just didn't care...  or Uncle Louie went out and bought you everything for your birthday and you added a pair of $100 IEM's to the $500 rig and you figure it belongs in this thread since you only spent a C note.

Now you can post all those WICKED deals in the thread below without any discussion as to if it belongs!

Pictures of Your *Used-Fi* Portable Rig's aka the "Look what I Stole Thread"

Enjoy!
:beerchug:

+ good for those whose maths are bad ..lol

Jul 20, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #1,367 of 3,060
Philips SHL3300 ($42) + Sansa Clip Zip ($30) + Brainwavz HM5 Pads ($18)

"Just impulsively grabbed these from my local Dick Smith here in Australia for $42, and I have absolutely no regrets.

The sound is superb for a cheapo set of cans, and the build quality isn't a let down either. I'll give it a few days to settle, and see if it gets better or not, but so far, so good.

I did a quick on-ear to over-ear mod already, though. Sounds more open with better isolation if you ask me. I took off the stock pads and installed some Brainwavz HM5 pads, which I highly recommend, since I've yet to have them fail me on any given pair of headphones."

http://www.head-fi.org/t/697813/review-philips-shl3300-dj-headphones-most-underrated-headphone/30#post_10726564

Jul 22, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #1,369 of 3,060
I still haven't got any new stuff (
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
) so I'm posting my bro's setup. iPod nano (4th gen?) + klipsch s3. Nothing fancy but it gets him by.

Jul 22, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #1,370 of 3,060
  Philips SHL3300 ($42) + Sansa Clip Zip ($30) + Brainwavz HM5 Pads ($18)

"Just impulsively grabbed these from my local Dick Smith here in Australia for $42, and I have absolutely no regrets.

The sound is superb for a cheapo set of cans, and the build quality isn't a let down either. I'll give it a few days to settle, and see if it gets better or not, but so far, so good.

I did a quick on-ear to over-ear mod already, though. Sounds more open with better isolation if you ask me. I took off the stock pads and installed some Brainwavz HM5 pads, which I highly recommend, since I've yet to have them fail me on any given pair of headphones."

http://www.head-fi.org/t/697813/review-philips-shl3300-dj-headphones-most-underrated-headphone/30#post_10726564

Phillips seems to be doing well in the headphone market. Those look comfy too!

Jul 23, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #1,373 of 3,060

Phillips seems to be doing well in the headphone market. Those look comfy too!

Indeed they are! 

I'd happily recommend these headphones over many headphones in the $100-$300 range, after having a play with some of the mainstream products in JB HiFi (Australian) store. 

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #1,376 of 3,060
  Yeah, 3rd gen - my favorite nano - I don't like the following models at all.

Totally agree. It just look awessome in comparison to any other model. And the 6th and 7th gen are just ridiculous.
My 3rd gen died. The day I find a Blue 3rd gen 8GB on eBay, is the day I buy it.

May I ask you two how do you get your library into the ipod ? :D I have one as well but i really dont want to convert everything i have in Flac to Aiff or Alac (?) just to get it to iTunes. And rockbox doesnt work ? Do i really have to convert ? 

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #1,377 of 3,060
Totally agree. It just look awessome in comparison to any other model. And the 6th and 7th gen are just ridiculous.
May I ask you two how do you get your library into the ipod ? :D I have one as well but i really dont want to convert everything i have in Flac to Aiff or Alac (?) just to get it to iTunes. And rockbox doesnt work ? Do i really have to convert ? 

Sadly you do. Almost sure there's a batch converter FLAC to ALAC. Considering that most devices can play ALAC,
I just rip mine to it.

Jul 26, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #1,378 of 3,060

This is what you're looking for - http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/23430/x-lossless-decoder

Users who are viewing this thread

Back