Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
Oct 16, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #1,788 of 3,060
I need to pick up an X1 as well when they have the mounting kit for the E11K ready.

Oct 16, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #1,790 of 3,060
I need to pick up an X1 as well when they have the mounting kit for the E11K ready.

Waiting for the champagne color X1 for me

Make sure you get one guys, I'm quite confident you'll be pleased, I'll have some comparisons up In coming weeks, but you can retire your Sansa players, gives my F806 Walkman a hard time too. Even Colourfly C3 is needing to think twice about the new kid in town.

Oct 16, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #1,791 of 3,060
Make sure you get one guys, I'm quite confident you'll be pleased, I'll have some comparisons up In coming weeks, but you can retire your Sansa players, gives my F806 Walkman a hard time too. Even Colourfly C3 is needing to think twice about the new kid in town.

X1 had me when me read Brooko review...lol

Oct 16, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #1,792 of 3,060

Even C3? How are X1's clarity and separation in comparison? Sadly the store in my country, which was selling Fiio products got out of business and I can't audition it now but that's what happens when you open an audiophile store literally 2 feet to the right of a huge electronics store. I was considering the new sony instead.

Oct 16, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #1,793 of 3,060
Even C3? How are X1's clarity and separation in comparison? Sadly the store in my country, which was selling Fiio products got out of business and I can't audition it now but that's what happens when you open an audiophile store literally 2 feet to the right of a huge electronics store. I was considering the new sony instead.

I've been at it for a few days juggling between a few sources, the little FiiO puts up a fight. The main advantage X1 has over C3 is better refinement and resolution, honestly the separation isn't far behind either. Plus X1 doesn't have any bass roll-off which makes C3's small issue quite obvious after. Soundstage is pretty good too.

C3 seems to push it's detail out in the upper-mid, similar situation with my F806 walkman whereas X1 is a more balanced and refined, and still quite detailed but more evenly so. Pairs well with brighter gear, my T-Peos IEM love it.

Oct 16, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #1,794 of 3,060
I've been at it for a few days juggling between a few sources, the little FiiO puts up a fight. The main advantage X1 has over C3 is better refinement and resolution, honestly the separation isn't far behind either. Plus X1 doesn't have any bass roll-off which makes C3's small issue quite obvious after. Soundstage is pretty good too.

C3 seems to push it's detail out in the upper-mid, similar situation with my F806 walkman whereas X1 is a more balanced and refined, and still quite detailed but more evenly so. Pairs well with brighter gear, my T-Peos IEM love it.

Sounds good. And how's the tonality - how much warmer is it than the c3?

Oct 16, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #1,795 of 3,060
Sounds good. And how's the tonality - how much warmer is it than the c3?

Considering FiiO's previous house sound not as warm as you'd imagine, less than I'd pictured. Warmer than C3 by a few notches. If I had to label an IEM with similar tonality you'd be venturing around GR07 regions (that's just a rough idea).

Well worth checking out. I was really surprised to say the least. Plus the UI on X1, you won't know yourself after C3.

Oct 16, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #1,796 of 3,060
I've been looking at the Fiio X1 and I'm still undecided if I should get it or not. I'm currently listening to a 6th gen rockbox iPod. In comparison, do you guys think the X1 will be an upgrade or more of the same?

Oct 16, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #1,797 of 3,060
I've been looking at the Fiio X1 and I'm still undecided if I should get it or not. I'm currently listening to a 6th gen rockbox iPod. In comparison, do you guys think the X1 will be an upgrade or more of the same?
I was thinking of buying one but ended up buying a cheap lg phone because it has wifi and I can DL my podcasts on it. Kinda stupid seeing how I already have an android phone but for $40 I couldn't resist. Hopefully it sounds good

Oct 16, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #1,800 of 3,060

Apple earpods, free with Apple product. Covered with Kogan foam tips. Kogan player. World class sound for a total output cost of 29.00 with free shipping. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back