Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Nov 2, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #45,393 of 48,562
I second waiting on ps5 for dac/amp or purchases. If anything the 560 should at least get moderate volume on the controller jack until you get a dac/amp.

And I'd like to know who would hate on the PC38X. That headset is AWESOME. Considering that the 560 is leaner and more analytical, I'd personally go for the PC38X which is great for everything. It's very well rounded.

Thanks! Well, if you look hard enough someone on the internet will find a reason to hate something. Especially if it's getting any sort of positive attention.

I'm going to take another look at the PC38X, since it seems like a lot less hassle to get up and running. Does it respond well to amps? That would be something I might look into down the road, once the mega-electronics purchase month is behind me (TV, PS5, headphones, indoor training bike.....yikes).

I'm looking at my current headphones, a pair of apple earbuds and a pair of free beats....I feel like it would be hard to disappoint me. Also, I didn't realize Drop had a small discount for first time buyers. That softens the blow for importing.

Nov 2, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #45,394 of 48,562
They are easy enough to drive, so an entry level dac/amp like a Schiit Fulla will drive them wonderfully.

Nov 2, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #45,396 of 48,562
Just remember, if you're used to Beats, you're gonna have much less bass in the mix. That and going open backed changes how bass hits, so GIVE IT TIME. Let your ears adjust to the difference.

Nov 2, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #45,397 of 48,562
They are easy enough to drive, so an entry level dac/amp like a Schiit Fulla will drive them wonderfully.
I'm currently using my Schiit Fulla 3, two thumbs up :)

Nov 2, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #45,398 of 48,562
I really liked the Fulla 3 a lot. If it wasn't that I got to keep the Hel, I def would've been happy with it. The mic input is loud and clear too.

Nov 5, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #45,401 of 48,562
Best Buy auto cancelled my month held PS5 preorder, because I tried to update my payment info that gave me errors. Had I just left the card I purchased it with, it would've been fine, but NOOOO, I tried to use THEIR stupid Best Buy card instead, and now I'm out a impossible to get PS5 because of THEIR system. I contacted customer service, and they were as helpful as a steaming pile of dog crap, with their moronic we're sorry replies. No help whatsoever.

So sorry guys, looks like I won't be able to test the Penrose with the PS5 next week. Thank Best Buy for ruining EVERYTHING.

I'm so infuriated right now, I don't even wanna deal with reviews. What a Christmas this is going to turn out to be.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 2:38 AM Post #45,402 of 48,562
Best Buy auto cancelled my month held PS5 preorder, because I tried to update my payment info that gave me errors. Had I just left the card I purchased it with, it would've been fine, but NOOOO, I tried to use THEIR stupid Best Buy card instead, and now I'm out a impossible to get PS5 because of THEIR system. I contacted customer service, and they were as helpful as a steaming pile of dog crap, with their moronic we're sorry replies. No help whatsoever.

So sorry guys, looks like I won't be able to test the Penrose with the PS5 next week. Thank Best Buy for ruining EVERYTHING.

I'm so infuriated right now, I don't even wanna deal with reviews. What a Christmas this is going to turn out to be.
That really sucks.. If you were in Australia I could have helped you out :frowning2:

Nov 6, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #45,403 of 48,562
to update my payment info that gave me errors. Had I just left the card I purchased it with, it would've been fine, but NOOOO, I tried to use THEIR stupid Best Buy card instead, and now I'm out a impossible to get PS5 because of THEIR system. I contacted customer service, and they were as helpful as a steaming pile of dog crap, with their moronic we're sorry replies. No help whatsoever.

That sucks man, I changed bank accounts and specifically kept my old one open as I didn't want to tempt fate on my Series X pre-order, had to tell my wife not to let the balance dip

Nov 6, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #45,404 of 48,562
Hey just curious has anyone gotten a Pulse 3D Wireless Headset. What are you thoughts

thanks
Ive been using the Pulse 3D while Im finishing up The Last of Us 2. For a $100 pair of headphones I really like them. The week before I picked up the hard to find SteelSeries 7x but I need to spend more time with it. I like how the Pulse 3D work with the PS4/PS5 OS so you get a flag when it syncs and give you battery status etc. If everything goes according to plan I'll have a PS5 next week and can check out the 3D audio.

first review

Nov 7, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #45,405 of 48,562
Ive used the Sennheiser HD700 for years now but looking to go from Open design to closed headset. Are there any mid/high end closed headphones that are comfortable to use for many hours? HD700 i dont even feel on my head, super comfortable and breathe perfectly. So much noise where i play/listen to music so a closed headset would be ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back