Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Nov 8, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #45,407 of 48,562
Maybe wait for the Penrose

wow never heard of those before. Looks very interesting. I see my local head-fi shop will have it on demo in a few days. Will definetely check it out. Skeptical about wireless but if it works good this is definetely a game changer.

Nov 8, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #45,408 of 48,562
Ive been using the Pulse 3D while Im finishing up The Last of Us 2. For a $100 pair of headphones I really like them. The week before I picked up the hard to find SteelSeries 7x but I need to spend more time with it. I like how the Pulse 3D work with the PS4/PS5 OS so you get a flag when it syncs and give you battery status etc. If everything goes according to plan I'll have a PS5 next week and can check out the 3D audio.

first review

Could you help test if 3d audio works on other wired headphones? Thanks.

Nov 8, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #45,409 of 48,562
Nov 8, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #45,410 of 48,562
Hello
Last year I have Meze 99 classic for gaming on PS4, but I want better sound quality in games (and in VSS). Can someone tell me next step headphones That will give me better sound in games? It’s must be closed(!) and cost about 300-400 $ new or used. Thanks!!

Sony has confirmed this:
"On the PS5, you’ll be able to experience 3D Audio with the headphones that many of you already own, either through USB connection to the console, or by plugging your headphones into the DualSense wireless controller’s 3.5mm headset jack."
https://blog.playstation.com/2020/1...v-virtual-surround-sound-coming-after-launch/
Via USB it’s mean Bluetooth headphones?

And for me it’s a big big question - DOES PS5 will support Bluetooth headphones? PS4 don’t do it, only headset for PS4 by Sony. What’s about PS5?

Nov 8, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #45,411 of 48,562
No, it means USB...headsets that connect via USB cables...to the USB port...

You don't wanna use Bluetooth for gaming. Too much delay. That's why it was not supported on PS4.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 2:08 AM Post #45,413 of 48,562
Best Buy auto cancelled my month held PS5 preorder, because I tried to update my payment info that gave me errors. Had I just left the card I purchased it with, it would've been fine, but NOOOO, I tried to use THEIR stupid Best Buy card instead, and now I'm out a impossible to get PS5 because of THEIR system. I contacted customer service, and they were as helpful as a steaming pile of dog crap, with their moronic we're sorry replies. No help whatsoever.

So sorry guys, looks like I won't be able to test the Penrose with the PS5 next week. Thank Best Buy for ruining EVERYTHING.

I'm so infuriated right now, I don't even wanna deal with reviews. What a Christmas this is going to turn out to be.

Wow this sucks to hear. :/
Keep your head up, I’m sure you’ll find one.

Nov 9, 2020 at 2:30 AM Post #45,414 of 48,562
Okay but Sony’s new pulse headset is Bluetooth, and new Audeze headphones is Bluetooth. No problem with delay?
The Audeze Penrose is NOT Bluetooth. I mean, it HAS bluetooth, but it's using 2.4ghz wireless frequency for the main audio. Bluetooth is secondary, and not the intended main use. It's a bonus, to use with stuff like phones.

The Sony Pulse 3D headset is ALSO not Bluetooth. I don't know where you got that from. It uses a small usb dongle just like the Audeze Penrose.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 6:33 AM Post #45,415 of 48,562
The Audeze Penrose is NOT Bluetooth. I mean, it HAS bluetooth, but it's using 2.4ghz wireless frequency for the main audio. Bluetooth is secondary, and not the intended main use. It's a bonus, to use with stuff like phones.

The Sony Pulse 3D headset is ALSO not Bluetooth. I don't know where you got that from. It uses a small usb dongle just like the Audeze Penrose.
Okay. Thanks. But I hope that all Bluetooth headphones will be working with ps5.

Penrose interesting headphones but no one hear it and don’t know about sound quality

Nov 9, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #45,416 of 48,562
Hello
Last year I have Meze 99 classic for gaming on PS4, but I want better sound quality in games (and in VSS). Can someone tell me next step headphones That will give me better sound in games? It’s must be closed(!) and cost about 300-400 $ new or used. Thanks!!

And for me it’s a big big question - DOES PS5 will support Bluetooth headphones? PS4 don’t do it, only headset for PS4 by Sony. What’s about PS5?
No one can tell me about next step after meze 99?

Nov 9, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #45,417 of 48,562
Is the normal K702 that you can buy on Amazon the same as the K701 reviewed here? I know you have a K702 65th Anniversary Edition on the list and said it was more like the Q701, but I'm looking for the competitive gaming performance of the K701. Also it is true the new no bump and 8 bump K701 that's on Amazon is not as good for gaming as the old K701? I'm playing Warzone on PC and wanting to get the best positional headphones possible.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #45,418 of 48,562
I dunno. I'd personally buy a K701 myself if I didn't already have so many headphones at home that I hardly even use.

Nov 9, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #45,419 of 48,562
Just got a shipping notification from Best Buy for my Series X, can't wait to plug in my X7 and see what we get in terms of compatibility and surround effects. I guess we can start dissecting what works starting on Wednesday!

Nov 9, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #45,420 of 48,562
Just got a shipping notification from Best Buy for my Series X, can't wait to plug in my X7 and see what we get in terms of compatibility and surround effects. I guess we can start dissecting what works starting on Wednesday!

I also have the X7, but will buy the PS5 (when i can find stock)

Keep me posted on your experience with them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back