Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 24, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #44,372 of 48,566
Apr 24, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #44,373 of 48,566
i found your review https://www.headphone.guru/philips-fidelio-x2-exuding-excellence/ and i read your review..
now i want to ask one last question

what score rate you would put for /philips-fidelio-x2 for electronic music and gaming from 0 to 10?

this is my last question because i want to buy them tomorrow./.

most i am interested for electronic music for this i am asking what rate score you would put them for electronic music from, 0 to 10;
I already gave you all that I'm gonna answer. If there's no score it's because I no longer give scores out because people only focus on that and not the review itself.

I already told you they are good for electronic music. And gaming. You don't need some arbitrary score to make you second guess me saying they ARE GOOD FOR THOSE THINGS. That is it.

Apr 25, 2020 at 1:01 AM Post #44,374 of 48,566
I already gave you all that I'm gonna answer. If there's no score it's because I no longer give scores out because people only focus on that and not the review itself.

I already told you they are good for electronic music. And gaming. You don't need some arbitrary score to make you second guess me saying they ARE GOOD FOR THOSE THINGS. That is it.

so if you would choose between the dt990 pro and philips x2 for edm music and gaming.. .. which you would buy for these 2 things΄;(edm and gaming)
because i have heard that the dt990 pro are good for gaming and edm music.. because they have the v-shape sound..

i am between in the dt990 pro and philips x2 for edm music and gaming for this i am asking you which you would buy from these 2; from your experience?

dt990 pro or philips x2?

i am saying the v-shape sound from Philips Audio Fidelio X2HR are better from the dt990 pro for genres like trance, house, techno.. psy trance,., jungle and etc????

also do you believe that the Philips Audio Fidelio X2HR are better from the dt990 pro in gaming??

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #44,375 of 48,566
so if you would choose between the dt990 pro and philips x2 for edm music and gaming.. .. which you would buy for these 2 things΄;(edm and gaming)
because i have heard that the dt990 pro are good for gaming and edm music.. because they have the v-shape sound..

i am between in the dt990 pro and philips x2 for edm music and gaming for this i am asking you which you would buy from these 2; from your experience?

dt990 pro or philips x2?

i am saying the v-shape sound from Philips Audio Fidelio X2HR are better from the dt990 pro for genres like trance, house, techno.. psy trance,., jungle and etc????

also do you believe that the Philips Audio Fidelio X2HR are better from the dt990 pro in gaming??

Unless you're doing a side-by-side sound comparison there's not a stark difference between these two headphones. Which also applies to their durability, comfort, price, and driveability. 32ohm with the Beyerdynamics. Either way you go you'll be fine. I personally believe both are best suited for casual gaming because of the bass. As far as music goes I'm really not that impressed when listening to different genres. This has to do with my preference with forward mids.

Apr 25, 2020 at 4:46 AM Post #44,376 of 48,566
Unless you're doing a side-by-side sound comparison there's not a stark difference between these two headphones. Which also applies to their durability, comfort, price, and driveability. 32ohm with the Beyerdynamics. Either way you go you'll be fine. I personally believe both are best suited for casual gaming because of the bass. As far as music goes I'm really not that impressed when listening to different genres. This has to do with my preference with forward mids.

i am saying do you believe that Philips Audio Fidelio X2HR are better from the dt990 pro for genres like trance, house, techno.. psy trance,., jungle and etc????

i am listening only trance, house, techno.. psy trance,., jungle and etc for this reason i am asking from these 2 which you believe is the best for edm music';

Apr 25, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #44,377 of 48,566
i am saying do you believe that Philips Audio Fidelio X2HR are better from the dt990 pro for genres like trance, house, techno.. psy trance,., jungle and etc????

i am listening only trance, house, techno.. psy trance,., jungle and etc for this reason i am asking from these 2 which you believe is the best for edm music';
Here's a radical concept:

Buy both from a dealer with a great returns policy, and audition them at home. Return the one you don't want.

Apr 25, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #44,378 of 48,566
Buy the X2's and never google headphones again.

If someone never used headphones before, was blissfully ignorant of the "audiophile" world of endless headphone debates, etc. etc., and bought the X2, they would probably be super impressed and never need another set of cans ever. (As long as they never opened the pandora's box of googling "best headphones for xyz.") IMHO. They're well tuned to appeal to the "average" listener (I mean that in a good way) and they also do a lot of the technical things right that you want a high end headphone to do.

Good with everything, great with some things, not bad with anything. Low key endgame cans.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #44,379 of 48,566
Buy the X2's and never google headphones again.

If someone never used headphones before, was blissfully ignorant of the "audiophile" world of endless headphone debates, etc. etc., and bought the X2, they would probably be super impressed and never need another set of cans ever. (As long as they never opened the pandora's box of googling "best headphones for xyz.") IMHO. They're well tuned to appeal to the "average" listener (I mean that in a good way) and they also do a lot of the technical things right that you want a high end headphone to do.

Good with everything, great with some things, not bad with anything. Low key endgame cans.

what you mean when you say Buy the X2's and never google headphones again. ??

what you mean with this?? because i have confused

I am saying in edm music like (trance, house, techno.. psy trance,., jungle and etc how the Philips Audio Fidelio X2HR are playing??

do you believe that the Philips Audio Fidelio X2HR are better from the dt990 pro in edm music like (trance, house, techno.. psy trance,., jungle and etc??

because and the dt99o pro have v-shape sound....

Apr 25, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #44,380 of 48,566
I can't do this anymore.

5960_NotLikeThis.png

Apr 26, 2020 at 3:28 AM Post #44,381 of 48,566
I can't do this anymore.

5960_NotLikeThis.png

look one people told me somethings and tell me if you gree

The concept of audio studios is that they reproduce music in a neutral way, without having their own character and without adding or subtracting to the individual frequency bands. The name "studio headphones" is not a title, nor a quality description, but a set of features that a pair of headphones must have in order to appreciate the reproduction of a music program and the main thing is neutrality, as described above.

But by reading below, it becomes clear that you are not really looking for a pair of neutral headphones, but one that plays the music you prefer.
The truth is that we have a completely different musical taste. With trans, electronic, etc., I don't have many relationships.

But for a while I listened to the samples with the music of your choice.
(Set-up: Samsung Galaxy S6 -> Fiio A5 -> Final Audio Piano Forte II)
This music has as its main feature the great wealth in frequencies and above all in low and high. So you need a pair of headphones with rich edges. Fidelio with its special character and colors could be one of them.

for the types of music you listen to, they will be manoules, with a deep bass and very nice analytical but not strictly high.

The x2 is not as demanding in terms of amplification, as they show their character by 90% and from a simple mobile phone ... for this 10% the card must be more than enough ... now for their sound, the only downside but also advantage on the other hand is that they are not high fidelity (hi fi) but so tuned to be pleasant .... they have a very rich bass, very enjoyable and high strangeness, that have information but that never forgets ... they have an issue with the strings in the sense that they do not sound plausible, but in everything else they sow in terms of fun fact.

do you agree or no??

Mad last envy i didnt do something bad./. i just asked how the x2 works in edm music..

i upload the videos with the music which i am hearing..

#and i asked yoy some things

1)do you believe that the Philips Audio Fidelio X2HR are better from the dt990 pro in edm music like (trance, house, techno.. psy trance,., jungle and etc??

2)also do you believe that the Philips Audio Fidelio X2HR are better from the dt990 pro in gaming??

also
in terms of electronic music eg trance, house, techno .. psy trance,., jungle and etc do you think fidelio x2 is very good? I want to ask something on the subject of electronic music eg trance, house, techno .. psy trance,., Jungle and etc in studio headphones what is it that interests us the most? bass and imaging and treble΄? or open? I want to hear everything that happens in one piece. do you understand what i meanFor example, the sound from the sentheisaizers when the sound is produced I want to hear it very clearly .. ,, a piece eg trance I want to hear very clearly the details that are produced at that moment, and the beat, but also all the melodies to be very clean ...

I don't know how else to explain it, I want to say that the songs with Philips Audio Fidelio X2HR will be heard, very good and clear??

can you answere me in all these things please?? because i am between the x2 and the dt990 pro and i must choose today which to buy from these 2 for gaming and edm music,,.

these are the last questions which i have/;/ i will not do another questions...

because i must choose which to buy from these 2 because i will buy today the headphones.. for this i am asking you how good are the x2 in edm music((((( and trance, house, techno .. psy trance,., jungle and etc ) and gaming??

also did you see the videos with which i am hearing?? in all these kind of music how the x2 will work ???

Apr 26, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #44,382 of 48,566
also did you see the videos with which i am hearing?? in all these kind of music how the x2 will work ???
I understand your enthusiasm and excitement in shopping for a new pair of headphones. The problem here is that MLE and others, while having heard both headphones, may not have both on hand to listen to your music selections. Therefore they can't say with certainty as to which is better for your desired music genre. Also, both headphones, while being good headphones, aren't hi-end headphones. As such, they may do very well with some songs, and not so well with others, even within the same genre.

The best way to decide is to audition them yourself. This way you are testing them with YOUR music on YOUR player and YOUR equipment. This is why I suggested to you to buyt both, and return one. If you do not want to do that, and you don't know anyone or anyplace to try these headphones, you will have to choose one blindly and try it. I did that with my Beyerdynamics, my Sony's, and my Sennheisers. I only had to rid myself of only one. (DT-990 Pro)

MLE posted his reviews of all these headphones, and would prefer people to read them, and make their own conclusions, instead of repeatedly asking him for information he has already supplied in his links. Honestly, he cannot tell you more that what he has written there since many of those headphones he no longer has on hand. Your pursuit for your answer in this thread has gone a bit too far, and you have become what is known on forums as a Help Vampire. And MLE is now avoiding your postings, as are some of the others.

You asked me these same questions in private, and I answered them to the best of my ability. Of the two, you will probably be best served by the Philips X2HR. The DT-990 will be harder to drive, and require better amping than just a PC's output. Plus the headphone's sound signature is an acquired taste, and has more of a chance of you not liking it. The DT-880 may be a better choice, as it's treble is known to be not as intense, and somewhat better bass response due to being semi-open. The treble is also not as harsh on the Premium DT-990 models vs the Pro, but will cost more.

For trance and other electronic music, you want drivers that can slam bass with authority and be tight, with no bleed into the low mids. You also want drivers that are fast and resolving, so that the micro elements of the music don't get lost or blurred. The treble should be present, and not soft and smooth, but not overly hot, lest the music will become fatiguing. If you want this kind of sound on a budget, you may want to look at the HifiMan HE-4XX (Drop) or HE-400i. Planars offer this kind of performance, and this headphone is in the price range of the X2HR and DT-990 Pro. Planars do benefit from a lot of power, so you will probably also need a dedicated amp. You can also consider the Sennheiser HD-58x from Drop. It's a very good all-around headphone, that has good detail and can handle fast music. Downside of them is that they are somewhat laid-back, and not an energetic headphone, but has a lot of what you want for your genre. Bass would need to be EQ'd and boosted a bit.

But between the X2HR and DT-990, I feel the X2HR would serve you better. The X2HR has that "fun" and energetic signature you would want, with good bass response.

I hope this answers what you wanted to know, and please, respect the people who provide the information. They post it out there so they don't have to type it repeatedly over and over and over...

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #44,383 of 48,566
Hey guys,
I am looking at getting the AKG702, I have heard great things and they are at a good price. I want to be able to use them with my PC and Xbox One. I believe I need a amp/dac that I would use to connect everything up then I can just switch between the two.

Can anyone recommend one for me at all?

I have been looking at the MixAmp A40 which I believe is fairly basic but will do the job.

I intend to use a separate microphone just plugged direct into the Xbox One controller if needed.

Thanks

Apr 26, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #44,384 of 48,566
I understand your enthusiasm and excitement in shopping for a new pair of headphones. The problem here is that MLE and others, while having heard both headphones, may not have both on hand to listen to your music selections. Therefore they can't say with certainty as to which is better for your desired music genre. Also, both headphones, while being good headphones, aren't hi-end headphones. As such, they may do very well with some songs, and not so well with others, even within the same genre.

The best way to decide is to audition them yourself. This way you are testing them with YOUR music on YOUR player and YOUR equipment. This is why I suggested to you to buyt both, and return one. If you do not want to do that, and you don't know anyone or anyplace to try these headphones, you will have to choose one blindly and try it. I did that with my Beyerdynamics, my Sony's, and my Sennheisers. I only had to rid myself of only one. (DT-990 Pro)

MLE posted his reviews of all these headphones, and would prefer people to read them, and make their own conclusions, instead of repeatedly asking him for information he has already supplied in his links. Honestly, he cannot tell you more that what he has written there since many of those headphones he no longer has on hand. Your pursuit for your answer in this thread has gone a bit too far, and you have become what is known on forums as a Help Vampire. And MLE is now avoiding your postings, as are some of the others.

You asked me these same questions in private, and I answered them to the best of my ability. Of the two, you will probably be best served by the Philips X2HR. The DT-990 will be harder to drive, and require better amping than just a PC's output. Plus the headphone's sound signature is an acquired taste, and has more of a chance of you not liking it. The DT-880 may be a better choice, as it's treble is known to be not as intense, and somewhat better bass response due to being semi-open. The treble is also not as harsh on the Premium DT-990 models vs the Pro, but will cost more.

For trance and other electronic music, you want drivers that can slam bass with authority and be tight, with no bleed into the low mids. You also want drivers that are fast and resolving, so that the micro elements of the music don't get lost or blurred. The treble should be present, and not soft and smooth, but not overly hot, lest the music will become fatiguing. If you want this kind of sound on a budget, you may want to look at the HifiMan HE-4XX (Drop) or HE-400i. Planars offer this kind of performance, and this headphone is in the price range of the X2HR and DT-990 Pro. Planars do benefit from a lot of power, so you will probably also need a dedicated amp. You can also consider the Sennheiser HD-58x from Drop. It's a very good all-around headphone, that has good detail and can handle fast music. Downside of them is that they are somewhat laid-back, and not an energetic headphone, but has a lot of what you want for your genre. Bass would need to be EQ'd and boosted a bit.

But between the X2HR and DT-990, I feel the X2HR would serve you better. The X2HR has that "fun" and energetic signature you would want, with good bass response.

I hope this answers what you wanted to know, and please, respect the people who provide the information. They post it out there so they don't have to type it repeatedly over and over and over...

if i will buy the X2HR will it be very good for trance and other electronic music΄΄??? i cant buy the HifiMan HE-4XX because i ,dont leave in usa and in my country we dont have the HifiMan HE-4XX and if i will buy the HifiMan HE-4XX from usa i will pay more money for to come in my country ,, the double cost..

for this reason i am between the x2hr and dt990 pro
#
also i have heard from a lot of people in redit that the dt990pro are very good for trance and electronic music do you agree or no with your experience???

one person told me some things and tell me if you agree
The interesting thing with headphones is that your ears and mine will not be the same. Now, this doesn't mean that we can't agree on differences in headphones.

The good thing is that you can buy one or the other, as they are both very good. I have both myself, X2 and DT990 prp and for me the biggest difference is that the Philips do some things perhaps exaggerated. For example, both headphones have good frequency response, and by this I mean you will not be missing anything. It is all there. But, the x2 have more quantity of bass, but not necessarily better. The 990s don't lack in bass, most people would say - some would even say they are bumped, in other words, they have more than they should to be neutral. They x2 are v shaped with smooth trebble (for my ears), where the 990s are proper v shaped, more bass and more treble- which many people like for gaming, because the treble is good for footsteps, and the bass is good for explosions! But of the two, I would not use the x2 in studio. But for enjoyment, x2 have more bass, so explosions and EDM sound bigger. 990s are for me more versatile than x2.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #44,385 of 48,566
MikeRRR, why are you back for the 246th time with the same questions. @Ichos We need you now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back