Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 4, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #40,006 of 48,562
I agree, really great soundstage and accuracy in pinpointing cues.

However I had to send it back because my model hat pretty sharp treble. I used to have a MMX300 2013 Model that had the smoothest treble of any Beyer I ever owned.
It definitely has hot treble. Though I expect that from Beyerdynamic headphones, and it's not as hot as the DT990 treble, so it works for me. But yes, if you want smooth treble, the Beyerdynamic Custom Game has a better tonal balance, and bass can be personalized easily with the bass port options.

I actually think people are sleeping on the Custom One Pro/Custom Game. It's a really nice headphone/headset to have.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #40,007 of 48,562
Creative X7 is the one you're looking for to tick all those boxes.

Won't even need to AUX from the phone - will BT from it if you prefer.

Too much expensive, i really wish i could have it.

I use the MixAmp 2013 and the new TR version listening to game audio from my XboxOne and using the Aux from my PC to listen to music or listening to streaming TV. Works just fine. I'd love have an X7, but this solution works.

You use them both? Also, is the TR really worth it?

Apr 4, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #40,008 of 48,562
Another KSC75 bites the dust. I'm annoyed. I think I've spent more on KSC75s and Sportapros then alomnst any other headphone. I love these things for work, but man I'm so sick of them losing audio one side within a few months. The warranty sucks since the cost to fix is basically the cost of just buying new ones to begin with. I'm gonna have to start finding alternatives. Perhaps I'll just take my Sennheiser PMX 95 to work, though not as convenient. I'd wear my AKG cheapo IEMs that fit fine, but I need to be able to hear the outside world.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #40,009 of 48,562
Too much expensive, i really wish i could have it.

You use them both? Also, is the TR really worth it?
I used to use the Pro, till my son dropped it and the chat stopped working. Everything else works, but no chat. So I no longer use it except when I'm playing single player games on my laptop, sometimes. That being said, for the Xbox One, the TR goes away from having to have another cable attached (Xbox Live talk back cable) to the controller. For that alone to me, it's worth it.

Apr 4, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #40,010 of 48,562
I used to use the Pro, till my son dropped it and the chat stopped working. Everything else works, but no chat. So I no longer use it except when I'm playing single player games on my laptop, sometimes. That being said, for the Xbox One, the TR goes away from having to have another cable attached (Xbox Live talk back cable) to the controller. For that alone to me, it's worth it.

So you use the optical cable connected to your xbox and the aux in to the pc, why not the usb to pc?

Apr 4, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #40,011 of 48,562
Ok guys so I kinda figured out how to record audio and post it online, so I'll be updating the Game One's review with a mic test link, as well as updating the Custom Pro's, Boom Pro, clip on mic, and whatever else I can think of in the future.

A the moment, I have two recordings:

The Beyerdynamic MMX300 which is my upcoming review for headphone.guru, and the Sennheiser Game One.

Check this page for the mic tests, which should be the ones up top.

https://soundcloud.com/madlustenvy

Keep in mind that it may sound a little low because I didn't know how to properly boost volume to a normal level. But you get the gist. Also, I don't know how to turn off auto play for the soundcloud tracks I liked or whatever, so be wary of volume differences.

edit: Here is the Beyerdynamic Custom Game, which is the Custom One Pro but the package comes with the boom microphone that is like the V-Moda boom pro which can be attached to any headphone with a 3.5mm input.

And here we have the V Moda BoomPro. I'm quite surprised by its quality when put up next to the MMX300 and Senn Game One. VModa has a hell of a microphone here.

And finally my very ancient DealExtreme clip on microphone that at the time cost me just over $2.00. Surprising how well it works.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #40,012 of 48,562
Wow, ok, so I decided to put the MMX300 velours on the Custom One Pro aka Custom Game, and man what a difference it makes. It immediately expanded the soundstage and airiness of the sound.

I mean, call me crazy, but it definitely sounds better, and I'm not just saying that because I prefer velours in comfort. it really does sound a hair brighter/airy/detailed. The congestion is gone.

The velours sucks out some warmth, but it can be offset by changing the bass port for more bass.

Switching back to the MMX300 and putting the velours back on, the MMX300 is definitely a superior headset, but man considering how muich cheaper the COP/Custom Game is, if one could find 770 velours for cheap, it'd be a very nice, cheaper alternative.

Changing the pads back to the faux leather, the COP/Game still sounds good, but definitely darker.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #40,013 of 48,562
Wow, ok, so I decided to put the MMX300 velours on the Custom One Pro aka Custom Game, and man what a difference it makes. It immediately expanded the soundstage and airiness of the sound.

I mean, call me crazy, but it definitely sounds better, and I'm not just saying that because I prefer velours in comfort. it really does sound a hair brighter/airy/detailed. The congestion is gone.

The velours sucks out some warmth, but it can be offset by changing the bass port for more bass.

Switching back to the MMX300 and putting the velours back on, the MMX300 is definitely a superior headset, but man considering how muich cheaper the COP/Custom Game is, if one could find 770 velours for cheap, it'd be a very nice, cheaper alternative.

Changing the pads back to the faux leather, the COP/Game still sounds good, but definitely darker.
I switched to SRH1540 pads on my cop years ago and never looked back. Stock pads on custom one pro are very uncomfortable for longer use.

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #40,014 of 48,562
So, I think I've decided on going Audio Technica, as much as that hurts because I have exclusively used Sennheiser for over a decade. I am curious if I should go 900x or 1000x, or just stay with the 700x's? Anyone have any real-world use for 700x vs XXXx for competitive gaming only?

Apr 11, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #40,015 of 48,562
For those interested, heres Dmitri's review of the gsp 500. I will likely pick one up as soon as they come available on amazon. Currently Sennheiser takes pre-orders for those looking for one. Est. ship date May 31 i believe.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #40,016 of 48,562
I'm sorry for the late response to this, but thank you for your review of these. Very well written. :) While I don't currently have any guest reviews on my guide, I would recommend you also pasting your reviews to each respective headphones on the forums for more exposure. It'd be a shame if you didn't.

Thanks. I didn't see any recent forums aside from this one discussing the headphones i reviewed but i will keep this in mind. I didnt want to start a new thread but i can probably do that too.

Apr 11, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #40,017 of 48,562
Just bought and tested GSP600 for like 6h straight, they really good, but seems not for me, gonna return them. Too much clamping force and after like 1h of listening/gaming my ears starts to hurt inside. Might need to wait GSP500 and try them too.
Meanwhile ill try to find store where i can listen AKG K712PRO, and some others, need to find replacement for my DT770 Pro 32Ohm

Apr 13, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #40,018 of 48,562
Help please.
Does anyone can tell me what will be best for me?
My headphones - Fidelio X2.
What will be best for gaming on ps4 on this headphones? Tritton AX720(surround virtual) or Xduoo xd-05(standart DAC+AMP with optical in )?
Now i have got Tritton 720 and dont understand i like it or not. I use max level of volume but i cant say that its loud. i want to undestand will Xduoo give me Higher quality and volume? maybe more powerfull AMP guvve me more quality?
I can say that Tritton 720 much better in games, its different bit i understand that its not original sound, its virtual/plastic/not real. DOes any one who got Tritton 720 like it? i dont try it on movies

Apr 13, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #40,019 of 48,562
Did you try the X2 with the AX720 box like I mentioned to you on multiple occasions?

Did you set your system to DOLBY DIGITAL?

I'm starting to feel some people just do everything improperly and get upset when it doesn't sound right.

Make sure the AX720 audio is fully set to volume and lower the mic volume all the way. I'd you don't, the mic volume takes power away from the game audio so it won't be loud. It's like the Mixamp in that you can't have BOTH be loud. You can only balance between them or make one loud and one quiet. There is no way the AX720 isn't "loud enough" unless you're deaf or have things set up wrong.

It also takes time to adjust to virtual surround. If you tried it for a little and immediately judged it as fake, well that's not gonna help at all. Virtual surround is very different from standard stereo, and that technology is only becoming more popular for a reason. IT WORKS.

The AX720 is a decent headset. Not GREAT, but the main thing to use is the decoder box with your own headphones. THAT'S what you need to try.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #40,020 of 48,562
Did you try the X2 with the AX720 box like I mentioned to you on multiple occasions?

Did you set your system to DOLBY DIGITAL?

I'm starting to feel some people just do everything improperly and get upset when it doesn't sound right.

Make sure the AX720 audio is fully set to volume and lower the mic volume all the way. I'd you don't, the mic volume takes power away from the game audio so it won't be loud. It's like the Mixamp in that you can't have BOTH be loud. You can only balance between them or make one loud and one quiet. There is no way the AX720 isn't "loud enough" unless you're deaf or have things set up wrong.

Yes, i plug in jack 3.5 of Fidelio x2 to one of wholes in AX 720 adapter, volume on max.
In ps4 settings i chose dolby digital and optical out

I hope i do it right, but want to understand if i make something wrong.
ok i will try to Low chat. And in settings whaen setting was on sound out = ALL SOUND , it was to low. When i swith to - only CHAT sound, all sound strts more loud!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back