Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 24, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #26,671 of 48,562

I have the AD700s, which I never use, I prefer my Sennheiser HD558s over my AD700, as the HD558 have more bass, not a lot more bass, but at least more then the AD700.
And used HD558 are selling for under $100.

Here is a replacement cable ($18-$26) for the Senn HD558 that comes with a 3.5mm plug, and comes in 5 different lengths.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261255113290?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&var=560313338477&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This is looking promising. thank you for the link too. 
Now i just need a decent amp for this to hook up on my PS4. currently searching

Oct 24, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #26,672 of 48,562
Hello dude, I saw that you helped a lot of people on reddit that wanted a good pair of headphones and I hope you can help me as well. I have made the decision to buy new headphones and I've chosen SteelSeries Siberia V2 White/Black doesn't matter the colour. Now I have yet to decide what to buy, the ones with 3.5mm jack or the ones with USB, I don't know anything about my sound card, but maybe you can help me to find out if it is better for their quality to go with my sound card or to go with the USB ones. I want to use them for gaming and as well for listening to music, but mainly playing League of Legends, rarely Counter Strike and listening to music.
P.S: If you have any other better options in mind, like other headsets that are the same price as these ones or lower please tell me.
I am looking forward to receiving a prompt reply from you, if you are willing to help me of course.
Maybe this will help to tell me what/if I have a sound card:
http://i.imgur.com/TTNFFMc.png

Oct 24, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #26,673 of 48,562
Hello folks, I have made the decision to buy new headphones and I've chosen SteelSeries Siberia V2 White/Black doesn't matter. Now I have yet to decide what to buy, the ones with 3.5mm jack or the ones with USB, I don't know anything about my sound card, but maybe you can help me find out if it is better for their quality to go with my sound card or to go with the USB ones. I want to use them for gaming and as well listening to music, but mainly playing League of Legends, Counter Strike rarely and listening to music.
P.S: If you have any other better options in mind, like other headsets that are the same price as these ones or lower please tell me and maybe I will change my deicison, because I am not experienced in headphones.
I am looking forward to receiving a prompt reply from you, if you are willing to help me of course. Please excuse me if I made any grammar mistakes, english is not my native language.
This might help you to determinate whether my sound card is good or not.
http://i.imgur.com/TTNFFMc.png

Oct 24, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #26,674 of 48,562
Hello folks, I have made the decision to buy new headphones and I've chosen SteelSeries Siberia V2 White/Black doesn't matter. Now I have yet to decide what to buy, the ones with 3.5mm jack or the ones with USB, I don't know anything about my sound card, but maybe you can help me find out if it is better for their quality to go with my sound card or to go with the USB ones. I want to use them for gaming and as well listening to music, but mainly playing League of Legends, Counter Strike rarely and listening to music.
P.S: If you have any other better options in mind, like other headsets that are the same price as these ones or lower please tell me and maybe I will change my deicison, because I am not experienced in headphones.
I am looking forward to receiving a prompt reply from you, if you are willing to help me of course. Please excuse me if I made any grammar mistakes, english is not my native language.
P.S2: When I went in my Device Manager at Sound, video and game controllers section it showed NVIDIA High Definition Audio 5 times and NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device(Wave Exstensible) (WDM) 1 time, what does this mean? Do I have an audio card? Is my audio card better than the one that I receive with Siberia v2 USB?

Oct 24, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #26,675 of 48,562
P.S2: When I went in my Device Manager at Sound, video and game controllers section it showed NVIDIA High Definition Audio 5 times and NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device(Wave Exstensible) (WDM) 1 time, what does this mean? Do I have an audio card? Is my audio card better than the one that I receive with Siberia v2 USB?

Go to the first page of this thread and find Yourself something in Your price range, MLE has reviewed a lot of them so it should be easy to find a pair in Your budget.

If You didn't have an audio card There would be no sound coming out of Your pc whatsoever, You probably have something integrated in Your motherboard

The USB card that comes with siberias is utter garbage. My roommate has them and I used them for some time and aside from the comfort I can't really say anything good about them.

Oct 24, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #26,676 of 48,562
There aren't really any other surround encoders for headphones in the X7's range/class... unless you count home receivers, which have less building cost focus on headphone components and surround processing.

Valid point, but couldn't you get a nice decoder that DID do those things and then hook it up to a NICEE amp and run that to your headphones for that price? I mean, more wires, but if it has more value, then I think it is possible competition. Please correct me if I am wrong though!

been searching around and all I'm seeing is the AD700x at that price tag. getting mixed reviews about the "updated" x line. anyone know if they are any good? also the lowest price i can find on the AD700 is 200 bones. 

and is open back really more superior to closed? i always thought it was the other way around. yeah, as you can tell I'm a complete noob with this stuff. sorry

I have heard nothing of the AD700x :/

I have the AD700s, which I never use, I prefer my Sennheiser HD558s over my AD700, as the HD558 have more bass, not a lot more bass, but at least more then the AD700.
And used HD558 are selling for under $100.

Here is a replacement cable ($18-$26) for the Senn HD558 that comes with a 3.5mm plug, and comes in 5 different lengths.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261255113290?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&var=560313338477&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Well wow haha HD558 under $100?!  Go for that. I have the pc360's and the drivers are similar if not the same and it helped a TON when I used to Scrim for COD4 (vs my Razer Carcharias lol). I think that is a winner

Oct 24, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #26,680 of 48,562
Well wow haha HD558 under $100?!  Go for that. I have the pc360's and the drivers are similar if not the same and it helped a TON when I used to Scrim for COD4 (vs my Razer Carcharias lol). I think that is a winner

yeah I think ill be getting this one and putting a modmic on it. will this work with astro mix amp pro? since the ohms are a bit different. any experience with that? currently looking for the answer on google

Oct 24, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #26,682 of 48,562
Heya dudes,

Would upgrading the DSS to a receiver w/ DTS/HD and/or HDMI input (for uncompressed 5.1ch LCPM) be a worthwhile upgrade?

As optical can only output stereo via LCPM.

Random reading offers differing opinions on the difference in SQ between uncompressed PCM and Dolby Digital. 

Using the LCD2's w/ JDS C5 w/ a Cayin C5 otw. 

P.S.

Apologies to MLE (OP), stupidly I somehow did not notice the huge text on the top of the page stating no unsolicited PM's...

My bad =.....=

EDIT: NVM, solved.

Oct 25, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #26,683 of 48,562
558 for under $100? That's a steal.

I may be mistaken but I think that deal has been occurring every so often lately. Last time I saw them at that price was maybe 2 weeks ago at Best Buy stores?

Not sure where but I did see the 558 for 100 though....wouldnt be surprised if during Black Friday, it would drop to that price again or slightly lower

Oct 25, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #26,684 of 48,562
yeah I think ill be getting this one and putting a modmic on it. will this work with astro mix amp pro? since the ohms are a bit different. any experience with that? currently looking for the answer on google

I currently use the 598 with a modmic. It's glorious but cables can get in the way. Since I bought them after I bought the amp I never actually tried using them off the mixamp alone. Should be fine though.

Looks like this

Oct 25, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #26,685 of 48,562
Might consider the X2 for myself, since I'd like the ability to use the Boompro with it with no extra stuff. Then I can finally retire the DNA Pro, which has served me well, but I tire of closed back sound and the lack of comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back