Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 22, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #26,641 of 48,568
  This vs. X7! I bet on pure SQ+amping the X7 will win. Now SBX vs. DTS HP? 
(picture here)

Not gonna lie, the aesthetics of that are quite nice... question is, where did you find the info, and when is the release date?

Oct 22, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #26,642 of 48,568
  They are pretty different and the TAC is supposedly 300 Dollars. 

listen to youtube video comparing the three...to me there is no difference, maybe your ears hear different.

I seriously doubt that turtle beach would put a good dac or headphone chip in there....so if TAC costs 300 which I doubt, X7 will probably cost maybe more than 600 bucks...

Oct 22, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #26,644 of 48,568
listen to youtube video comparing the three...to me there is no difference, maybe your ears hear different.

I seriously doubt that turtle beach would put a good dac or headphone chip in there....so if TAC costs 300 which I doubt, X7 will probably cost maybe more than 600 bucks...

The X7 will be 399 USD.
SBX is better IMO but I also like DH so it comes down to preference.
I believe the X7 does DD5.1 as well.
The TAC, if it is 300 USD, has the only benefit of doing DH:X .

Oct 22, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #26,645 of 48,568
Ok I keep looking for the price tag and I have no idea where the $300 came from. I see that the Elite 800 something or other is $300 but that is a wireless headset, NOT the TAC. I think it would also make sense that it be around $100 since TB seems to want the TAC to compete with the Astro Mixamp. I could be wrong, but those are my 2 cents... which is less than $300... release date seems to have inconsistencies between websites: some say fall to winter of 2014 while others say, a tentative, 2015. 

Oct 22, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #26,646 of 48,568
The X7 will be 399 USD.
SBX is better IMO but I also like DH so it comes down to preference.
I believe the X7 does DD5.1 as well.
The TAC, if it is 300 USD, has the only benefit of doing DH:X .

1. Signal-to-Noise Ratio (DAC): 127dB
  2. Signal-to-Noise Ratio (ADC): 123dB

The X7 will kick the crap out of the TAC....these specs are simply amazing. I dont think turtle beach can beat this...oh and the amp, the headphone amp chip is amazing too...

regarding the prices, These prices that you mention arent even the list prices...the list price will be much lower and the price on stores will depend on the law of "supply and demand" .... may come down to a 100 bucks even....

Oct 22, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #26,648 of 48,568

1. Signal-to-Noise Ratio (DAC): 127dB
  2. Signal-to-Noise Ratio (ADC): 123dB

The X7 will kick the crap out of the TAC....these specs are simply amazing. I dont think turtle beach can beat this...oh and the amp, the headphone amp chip is amazing too...

regarding the prices, These prices that you mention arent even the list prices...the list price will be much lower and the price on stores will depend on the law of "supply and demand" .... may come down to a 100 bucks even....

I am still a nooby noob with audio, but I do think the X7 will be muuuccchhh better but thats because of the price. I STILL cannot find the price of the TAC and since it is going against the mixamp, I do not think that it will be much more than $150. I might save up for the X7 since it seems to have everything I want/need but this new TB product may change things (price/performance ratio)

Oct 22, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #26,651 of 48,568
With the X7, you can also hook up speakers to it as well, comes with a beamforming mic, which may be good if you dont like using a vmoda boompro mic or modmic. There is a website explaining all the details for x7. Honestly, i want to get one but the price at 400, kind of hurts....but then again, im sure not everyone will buy it, eventually bringing down the price to 300 within 6 months or so. For now, my Recon3D is enough for both console and PC gaming,and that leaves me to buy more headphones hehe X2 or AKG k712, Q701 and already got the hook up to purchasing V Moda M100 for 100 dollars :). Its good to know people in the retail world...

Anyways, the TAC looks very interesting, and even if it was 300, im sure, just like any other product, it will drop in price...well then again its turtle beach, overpriced...

Oct 22, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #26,652 of 48,568
Let's face it, if the TAC is around 100 - 200$ and do DH:X, the internals will be *****, just like the current offerings around that price range. TB charges a premium for their products - I used to own a PX5 which retailed for 250$ and it was utter garbage... The only useful thing was the DH receiver it came with, which is 100$. So if the PX5 headset [if wireless] was around 150$, it was still vastly overpriced for what it sounded like.
The creative Recon 3D, however, is half the price and it simply sounds better - less hiss/noise and better internals. Surround processing notwithstanding.
The X7 is really looking like a top notch gaming products. If it improves on the Recon 3D in the ways it should, I think I'll be very satisfied with it.

Oct 22, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #26,653 of 48,568
  I can neither confirm nor deny placing an order for the Philips X2 from Amazon.

biggrin.gif
popcorn.gif

Oct 22, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #26,654 of 48,568
With the X7, you can also hook up speakers to it as well, comes with a beamforming mic, which may be good if you dont like using a vmoda boompro mic or modmic. There is a website explaining all the details for x7. Honestly, i want to get one but the price at 400, kind of hurts....but then again, im sure not everyone will buy it, eventually bringing down the price to 300 within 6 months or so. For now, my Recon3D is enough for both console and PC gaming,and that leaves me to buy more headphones hehe X2 or AKG k712, Q701 and already got the hook up to purchasing V Moda M100 for 100 dollars
smily_headphones1.gif
. Its good to know people in the retail world...

Anyways, the TAC looks very interesting, and even if it was 300, im sure, just like any other product, it will drop in price...well then again its turtle beach, overpriced...

does your recon3d work with PS4 and Xbox one ? and if it does, is it required that you install a software for console gaming only ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back