Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 22, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #26,656 of 48,568
  does your recon3d work with PS4 and Xbox one ? and if it does, is it required that you install a software for console gaming only ?

I dont have a PS4 yet, but on their website, last time I checked, it said it does work. You dont have to install software for it to work with consoles though...but its preferred since you can adjust settings using a PC which then the settings are transferred back into the Recon3D. The only reason I said im not sure if it works with the PS4 is because Im not sure if the chat feature works? I have not seen or heard someone use the Recon3D on a PS4 yet but since my best friend has a PS4, I think i will go and try my recon3d at his place.

Oct 23, 2014 at 2:50 AM Post #26,658 of 48,568
Oct 23, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #26,659 of 48,568
With the X7, you can also hook up speakers to it as well, comes with a beamforming mic, which may be good if you dont like using a vmoda boompro mic or modmic. There is a website explaining all the details for x7. Honestly, i want to get one but the price at 400, kind of hurts....but then again, im sure not everyone will buy it, eventually bringing down the price to 300 within 6 months or so. For now, my Recon3D is enough for both console and PC gaming,and that leaves me to buy more headphones hehe X2 or AKG k712, Q701 and already got the hook up to purchasing V Moda M100 for 100 dollars
smily_headphones1.gif
. Its good to know people in the retail world...

Anyways, the TAC looks very interesting, and even if it was 300, im sure, just like any other product, it will drop in price...well then again its turtle beach, overpriced...

Lol, if the beamforming mic is anything like the one on the SBZ/Zx/ZxR/Omni, they can take that mic and shuff it. It's a piece of crap.

Knowing Creative, I'm more inclined to believe it'll be exactly like that.

Oct 23, 2014 at 5:11 AM Post #26,660 of 48,568
  Let's face it, if the TAC is around 100 - 200$ and do DH:X, the internals will be *****, just like the current offerings around that price range. TB charges a premium for their products - I used to own a PX5 which retailed for 250$ and it was utter garbage... The only useful thing was the DH receiver it came with, which is 100$. So if the PX5 headset [if wireless] was around 150$, it was still vastly overpriced for what it sounded like.
The creative Recon 3D, however, is half the price and it simply sounds better - less hiss/noise and better internals. Surround processing notwithstanding.
The X7 is really looking like a top notch gaming products. If it improves on the Recon 3D in the ways it should, I think I'll be very satisfied with it.

If it's at LEAST on par with the ZxR then it'll be a damn good product, albeit falling shortly before great (AC3 :D). Considering that it has its own power supply it might amp/drive cleaner (they share the same amp) but we'll see about that once it releases. I'll do a comparison with the ZxR then. Still with the issue of being harsher in the highs than my DAC it's totally a very good recommendation to pair with the HD 800. 

Oct 23, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #26,662 of 48,568
Hi, I was here a while back on buying the Phillips Fidelio X1s. It's only been a year and I've already broken my headphones. The headphone jack seems to be not connecting to the wire very well (I have to keep wiggling it to get sound in both ears), This is my fault for accidentally yanking out the headphone wire all the time.

Anyway, now I guess I have to look for more headphones and I've realized the Fidelio X2s are out :xf_eek: 
Have you had any experience with these headphones, MLE (or anyone else)? I am tempted to buy them, but not sure. My X1s have been really great. If not these, then which?

Thanks.

Oct 23, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #26,663 of 48,568
i came into head-fi to try to find decent headphones for my PS4. but the more i browse the more confused i get. so far what i think i understand. is i need mix amp, headphones and a mod mic

what i plan to get:
2014 Astro mix amp pro
Beyerdynamic DT990 pro 250 ohm
AntLion ModMic

Is there anything I'm missing here that would prevent a bad experience with gaming? according to this info section the voice chat hurts the overall volume when using a mix amp. so I'm trying to figure out what that's all about.
or should i get a different headphone/mixamp/mic Combo?

i came to this website to seek a decent $100 headset but instead I'm planning to get all this other stuff. My wallet is not happy with
Head-fi.org 
frown.gif

Oct 23, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #26,664 of 48,568
  i came into head-fi to try to find decent headphones for my PS4. but the more i browse the more confused i get. so far what i think i understand. is i need mix amp, headphones and a mod mic

what i plan to get:
2014 Astro mix amp pro
Beyerdynamic DT990 pro 250 ohm
AntLion ModMic

Is there anything I'm missing here that would prevent a bad experience with gaming? according to this info section the voice chat hurts the overall volume when using a mix amp. so I'm trying to figure out what that's all about.
or should i get a different headphone/mixamp/mic Combo?

i came to this website to seek a decent $100 headset but instead I'm planning to get all this other stuff. My wallet is not happy with
Head-fi.org 
frown.gif

A couple of things. Is your avatar from Nichijou? (funniest show ever!)
And sorry about your wallet... I came here while I was in college and had no money... now I am out of college, have more headphones and less money lol. 

I cannot speak on behalf of the quality of the parts chosen but I do wish to say that you will need an amp as well (JUST THROW MORE MONEY AT IT) since the impedance for the Beyer's is quite high. The MixAmp only has 32ohms and it would seem to me that more is needed. Sorry about your wallet again...

EDIT: Also, you could get the AD700 (price around $130 when I searched in google shopping) instead if you want to save some more bucks. I have heard it is fantastic for gaming, meaning the bass is a bit lacking but the soundstage is great. Food for thought 
wink.gif

If it's at LEAST on par with the ZxR then it'll be a damn good product, albeit falling shortly before great (AC3 :D). Considering that it has its own power supply it might amp/drive cleaner (they share the same amp) but we'll see about that once it releases. I'll do a comparison with the ZxR then. Still with the issue of being harsher in the highs than my DAC it's totally a very good recommendation to pair with the HD 800. 

Please do! I am getting the feeling that the X7 will be a good buy for me. I originally planned on buying something less than $150USD but now... well... yeah... My question will be: Now that the price range is up to 300-400, what other products will it be competing against in that higher tier?

Oct 23, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #26,665 of 48,568
  A couple of things. Is your avatar from Nichijou? (funniest show ever!)
And sorry about your wallet... I came here while I was in college and had no money... now I am out of college, have more headphones and less money lol. 

I cannot speak on behalf of the quality of the parts chosen but I do wish to say that you will need an amp as well (JUST THROW MORE MONEY AT IT) since the impedance for the Beyer's is quite high. The MixAmp only has 32ohms and it would seem to me that more is needed. Sorry about your wallet again...

ahhh well that would make sense. another person suggested the Audio Technica ATH-A900X so I'm still researching things. guess Ill be searching for a new amp for my ps4. 

​also the picture is from a person who did fan art of Yume Nikki. my picture is from her more darker works. i guess the artist was obsessed with some brutal stuff at the time. or still is? i don't know.

and i agree, Nichijou was great.

Oct 23, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #26,666 of 48,568
They are pretty different and the TAC is supposedly 300 Dollars. 

The way the gaming brands are marked up on price, and since they're still selling other models "below" on the product line, I could believe this price and it'll be awhile before the price comes down.

listen to youtube video comparing the three...to me there is no difference, maybe your ears hear different.

I seriously doubt that turtle beach would put a good dac or headphone chip in there....so if TAC costs 300 which I doubt, X7 will probably cost maybe more than 600 bucks...

How much of a difference is definitely up to opinion! You really have to get used to them to tell the difference, and even then people have different preferences.

Creative already confirmed a $399 MSRP.

does your recon3d work with PS4 and Xbox one ? and if it does, is it required that you install a software for console gaming only ?

I plugged the Recon3D USB into the Playstation the same way as the diagram illustrates for PS3, it worked right out of the box. You can install drivers on a computer and adjust the sound preferences from there, but default is pretty good.

And sorry about your wallet...

I am getting the feeling that the X7 will be a good buy for me. I originally planned on buying something less than $150USD but now... well... yeah... My question will be: Now that the price range is up to 300-400, what other products will it be competing against in that higher tier?

There aren't really any other surround encoders for headphones in the X7's range/class... unless you count home receivers, which have less building cost focus on headphone components and surround processing.

Oct 23, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #26,667 of 48,568
How are razer kraken ? (the standard version without the mic)
They are recommended to me (among other headphones) in bass topic.

I am looking for comfortable and fun headphone. To have some fun and also get immersed. And I dont play competively so sound stage doesnt matter I think

Oct 23, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #26,669 of 48,568
  EDIT: Also, you could get the AD700 (price around $130 when I searched in google shopping) instead if you want to save some more bucks. I have heard it is fantastic for gaming, meaning the bass is a bit lacking but the soundstage is great. Food for thought 
wink.gif

been searching around and all I'm seeing is the AD700x at that price tag. getting mixed reviews about the "updated" x line. anyone know if they are any good? also the lowest price i can find on the AD700 is 200 bones. 

and is open back really more superior to closed? i always thought it was the other way around. yeah, as you can tell I'm a complete noob with this stuff. sorry

Oct 24, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #26,670 of 48,568
  been searching around and all I'm seeing is the AD700x at that price tag. getting mixed reviews about the "updated" x line. anyone know if they are any good? also the lowest price i can find on the AD700 is 200 bones. 

and is open back really more superior to closed? i always thought it was the other way around. yeah, as you can tell I'm a complete noob with this stuff. sorry

I have the AD700s, which I never use, I prefer my Sennheiser HD558s over my AD700, as the HD558 have more bass, not a lot more bass, but at least more then the AD700.
And used HD558 are selling for under $100.

Here is a replacement cable ($18-$26) for the Senn HD558 that comes with a 3.5mm plug, and comes in 5 different lengths.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261255113290?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&var=560313338477&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back