Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Aug 16, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #25,442 of 48,564
Hmm, guys just in case I'll ever have some money to spend what headphones would You recommend with 598's soundstage and positional cues but with more bass? even with foobar's equalizer I can't make them bassy enough. Comfort is an important factor of course, and detachable cable if that's possible

Aug 16, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #25,443 of 48,564
That's one thing I like abour CoD. Most guns are viable. Yes, there are your OP guns every game, but that is only a partial crutch. You can easily dominate with the first few choices. Every CoD has differemt ways of unlocking items, but I think my fave was BLOPS1 which you had to unlock via levels and in game currency. Made gambling your money important all the way until you maxed out on levels and unlocked everything.

High Roller Gun Game. No one wanted to play me, lol.

Amen to this.... Loved gun game!! I still got the most enjoyment dropping nukes on Mod 2. I feel like it had the best balance besides Cod 4

Aug 16, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #25,444 of 48,564
Amen to this.... Loved gun game!! I still got the most enjoyment dropping nukes on Mod 2. I feel like it had the best balance besides Cod 4

Gun game is still around, frenetic fun. Do you mean CoD BLOPS2? I really got addicted to Sticks and Stones mode in CoD:BO1 when I borrowed it, most fun gambling mechanic plus it was cool to get slow projectile kills, felt Bad *****!

Aug 16, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #25,445 of 48,564
Gun game is still around, frenetic fun. Do you mean CoD BLOPS2? I really got addicted to Sticks and Stones mode in CoD:BO1 when I borrowed it, most fun gambling mechanic plus it was cool to get slow projectile kills, felt Bad *****!

No I meant just the regular gameplay of call of duty 4 was done well. I Still think that mod 2 had the best balance....Sticks and stones is excellent too on black ops! I actually played the fun games more then regular deathmatch. It was so addicting

Aug 16, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #25,448 of 48,564
I guess. I just thought MW2 was pretty universal, but I bet Bunny would've explained next time we met up.

Speaking of, BunnyNamedFrank (BNF?),
Did you decide on an amp for your K712? What have you been playing lately?

Aug 16, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #25,449 of 48,564
I guess. I just thought MW2 was pretty universal, but I bet Bunny would've explained next time we met up.

Speaking of, BunnyNamedFrank (BNF?),
Did you decide on an amp for your K712? What have you been playing lately?

Yeah Modern warfare 2 you silly gooses! And I JUST got the Vali today actually. Still waiting for my chords from monoprice to come so I can actually use. I can't wait to daisy chain it to the mix amp.... Games I have just been playing borderlands 2 and Payday 2 when my buddy wants to play it. I am thinking about getting BF3 tonight if the price is right. I am tired of COD and liked playing that for the short time I had with it. Was really turned off about EA making you buy the online pass so that's why I boycotted it. Now that the multiplayer is free for used copies I am picking it up. Seemed like the census didnt like the 4th one?

Aug 17, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #25,450 of 48,564
Nah, people just hated BF4 because it was a buggy mess at first. They released a Beta essentially as a full game.

Aug 17, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #25,451 of 48,564
Nah, people just hated BF4 because it was a buggy mess at first. They released a Beta essentially as a full game.

Buggy, yeah, but a mess... nah. People really tend to overstate things on the internet lol.

I expected the bugs, since EA always forces the issue and rushes DICE and other developers to release their games before being polished on consoles. It's expected with companies as such. We all know what happened with Bethesda and their games on the PS3...

I'm actually surprised Hardline was pushed back, to be honest. Props to EA for giving Visceral extra time to make it right before release...

Aug 17, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #25,452 of 48,564
hello guys. just joining this forum coz i liked this thread.

i have some question about PS4 gaming headphone. I can not seems to buy astro mixamp because they're too pricey for me. And i dont have any DAC/AMP yet.

If im using headphone directly to PS4 controller, can i get great sound?

or what headphone nice for me?

NB:
- I love Single PLayer games (horror,action,RPG,etc)
- i dont need Mic yet ^^
- i dont need surround too (for now)

thx guys

Aug 17, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #25,453 of 48,564
  hello guys. just joining this forum coz i liked this thread.

i have some question about PS4 gaming headphone. I can not seems to buy astro mixamp because they're too pricey for me. And i dont have any DAC/AMP yet.

If im using headphone directly to PS4 controller, can i get great sound?

or what headphone nice for me?

NB:
- I love Single PLayer games (horror,action,RPG,etc)
- i dont need Mic yet ^^
- i dont need surround too (for now)

thx guys

Sound coming from PS4 controller might be sufficient for You, although plugging headset into it drains battery life. What's Your budget?

Aug 17, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #25,455 of 48,564

Honestly?  It's still a buggy mess.  I've had to force close and restart it several times.  How long has it been out already?  How many expansions?  It's pretty unconscionable if you ask me.

But I knew what I was getting into when I bought it.  I just think it's really weird because I can't remember the last time a console game crashed on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back