Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Aug 17, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #25,457 of 48,568
Honestly?  It's still a buggy mess.  I've had to force close and restart it several times.  How long has it been out already?  How many expansions?  It's pretty unconscionable if you ask me.

But I knew what I was getting into when I bought it.  I just think it's really weird because I can't remember the last time a console game crashed on me.

Odd. I get no crashes, at all, maybe once in a blue moon.

Aug 17, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #25,458 of 48,568
Yeah, but bf4 has crashed or frozen after a match at least once or twice on me every gaming session so far. :deadhorse:
Usually just a frozen black screen when exiting a match or trying to quit a server. Been easy to fix though, just close the application and try again. I have been playing BF4 lately to give it a chance, I hope to get the most pistol kills on my friend's list :D I also countered three melee kills last time I played because I heard something with my surround and turned... Felt awesome, hahah.
I also agree that it's cool EA extended development timeframe, wasn't Visceral a studio that tries to do new cool things for sequels and in the past been too rushed to clean moderate bugs? What are some of Visceral's past games, I forget?

I just moved my PS4 back into my computer room, holy crap I forgot how much I missed sitting in a proper chair while gaming! The monitor is really nice too, I get to hook up my tube amp again (which ROCKS!), and a whole bunch of nice things. Last time I played with Still though, I couldn't get InGame Chat working for some reason. I prefer that because I'd feel silly using the Mixamp 5.8 wireless at that short a range and InGame-chat is the only way I can get chat audio with only a mic plugged into the controller...

Maybe I'd be better off just getting a USB mic. Snowball, Samson, any other suggestions or tips from PS users experienced with using a standalone USB mic?

Aug 17, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #25,459 of 48,568
Digital copy? I had this issue when I had the $10 "digital upgrade" from PS3. Could never get into a match, actually. Had to beg wal-mart to exchange my ps3 copy for a ps4 version. Lost out on $10, but was better than having to re-buy the whole damn game. Once I got the hard copy, crashing has been minimal ever since.

The latest Visceral games from EA that I can remember off the top of my head are the last two Dead Space games.

Aug 17, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #25,461 of 48,568
All these BF4 vs COD talk... sigh. This is why Destiny was such a good change when most weapons and classes are fairly balanced, at least from the beta perspective.

Yeah, sometimes the Interceptor vehicle dominated on the moon map, but a Super or flanking it and shooting out the driver would work well, and Bungie already said they changed the balance on that. I freaking LOVED the destiny beta, having powers (grenades, charged melee, supers) really mixes up combat and the movement (jump modifiers, some rushing melee's) gives the kind of freedom I miss in more traditional games. I often forget I have grenades in CoD and BF, and non-sneaky melees are hard to pull off in those games. Plus, bringing in your own discovered variants of guns is preeeetty cool... I found this Marshall assault rifle that had a high fire rate, larger clip size, and good stability, which totally enabled me to wreck ship in the Iron Banner event on the last day, taking on multiple people at once when balanced right with the other abilities. I really don't think that Marshall was OP, it just seemed custom-fit for me.

I'm really, really stoked for the Destiny release, I think this may be only the 2nd time I've opted for faster shipping ever so that I can (hopefully) play on Day 1 with the limited edition's extra goodies.

Aug 17, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #25,462 of 48,568
Digital copy? I had this issue when I had the $10 "digital upgrade" from PS3. Could never get into a match, actually. Had to beg wal-mart to exchange my ps3 copy for a ps4 version. Lost out on $10, but was better than having to re-buy the whole damn game. Once I got the hard copy, crashing has been minimal ever since.

The latest Visceral games from EA that I can remember off the top of my head are the last two Dead Space games.

Oh yeeeeeah! I loved Dead Space 2, haven't played the 3rd. I think I was thinking of Obsidian entertainment.
I do have a digital copy, so does Stillhart. I'd like to know how Mad downloads his games, for me it's like a fraction of our 20-30 Mbps FiOS and *start download, look at 7kbps download speed* "Whelp, see you tomorrow!"

Aug 17, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #25,463 of 48,568
I'm really, really stoked for the Destiny release, I think this may be only the 2nd time I've opted for faster shipping ever so that I can (hopefully) play on Day 1 with the limited edition's extra goodies.

Oh yeeeeeah! I loved Dead Space 2, haven't played the 3rd. I think I was thinking of Obsidian entertainment.
I do have a digital copy, so does Stillhart. I'd like to know how Mad downloads his games, for me it's like a fraction of our 20-30 Mbps FiOS and *start download* Whelp, see you tomorrow!

Yesssirrr...

Aug 17, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #25,464 of 48,568
Well beloved CoD, lol. That's a stretch. CoD gets the most hate of pretty much any single FPS series.

Aug 17, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #25,465 of 48,568
Pretty much, yep! And the latest one is always said to "suck" compared to the previous release. I'm surprised Halo didn't get more hate for being popular, at least until Halo 3 and the spawning of the "gaylo" slur, IMO that only started because CoD4 finally provided a competitive option for console gaming. Meh, I can relate to not wanting to be considered "part of the crowd," but some people turn that into hating anything popular. *shrug* I have my preferences and frustrations, but I can't think of any game right now that I flat-out hate, I just gravitate towards games I find more fun.

Aug 17, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #25,466 of 48,568
I was being sarcastic when I made that CoD statement. We all know there is not one FPS that is actually "well-beloved" by the gaming community, as a whole.

Destiny will be, but I wouldn't really say it is a FPS. The RPG aspect makes it a completely different beast.

Aug 17, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #25,467 of 48,568
^ it might be for a month, but there will be backlash from hipsters. I don't think my roommate will care for it, for example, just because he thinks Bungie just makes "generic shooters" just like Infinity Ward, Treyarch, DICE, etc. I barely got him to beat the first Halo (we were playing Co-op and I refused to leave his house till he beat the last level, LOL!), and I really think he could get into the storytelling in Halo 2, ODST, and 4, but I dunno if he ever will because (he won't admit this) our group used to play Halo and Halo 2 at parties and he would lose unless we let him win/play rockets only. In his mind Destiny will be "just another Halo/military shooter clone."

Aug 17, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #25,468 of 48,568
The GAMDIAS EROS v2 has arrived. Having worn them for all of 2 minutes (no audio yet) I feel almost positive that these were designed in a rendering program while targeting a specific price point without doing any kind of focus group testing. It seems to have a pretty weak build and the comfort leaves a fair deal to be desired. You'll also notice that both the brand and their products' names are written using caps lock. For a headset that's undergone a revision there seems to be a lot of important details overlooked or simply ignored in order to keep the headset in a given price range.

Later we'll see how they sound. Maybe I can get some game time in with the folks this evening to see how they play.

Aug 17, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #25,470 of 48,568
I was being sarcastic when I made that CoD statement. We all know there is not one FPS that is actually "well-beloved" by the gaming community, as a whole.

Destiny will be, but I wouldn't really say it is a FPS. The RPG aspect makes it a completely different beast.

Destiny ISN'T beloved by gamers as a whole, just because of this.

Though even if Jason Jones didn't verbally shoot himself in the foot and collectively piss off the PC gaming community, and even if it actually did have a PC version released alongside all the console versions, you'd probably still have a few snobs and elitists that don't like the game anyway, not to mention those who just aren't into that genre of gaming.

You can't expect to please everyone, but hey, people just like what they like. Best not to get too worked up over people not liking what you like and just find those who do happen to like what you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back