Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Aug 17, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #25,471 of 48,568
Destiny ISN'T beloved by gamers as a whole, just because of this.

Meh, saying that the main landscape has changed isn't going to offend people who aren't diehard PC players, for people that dabble in all platforms (like me) I might disagree with him but not hate Destiny and Bungie as a whole for that... No where near as intrusive and alienating as Microsoft's' changing stances about online-only consoles and the flip-flopping about Kinect, or EA's rushed development and multiplayer codes. Saying that mouse/keyboard isn't the future is a thing that some people will disagree with but a lot of gamers will agree with.

I expect some backlash, but the game is already fundamentally/conceptually solid (and I found the alpha/beta fun) and it will sell a LOT of copies.

Aug 17, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #25,472 of 48,568
What they need to do is allow for keyboard and mouse on consoles and just match those with the same type of setup with one another. I prefer it for FPS but can live with a controller though RTS is just frustrating in my experience. I'll go where my friends go as that's more important than my input method, with RTS being the exception. On a side note, has anyone here heard the HD 800's or know of a place in or around Orlando where you can audition high end headphones? I don't know of one and it's a headphone I am just dying to try. On another side not, I get my Audio-gd 11.32 tomorrow :D

Aug 18, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #25,473 of 48,568
In regards to all the COD/battlefield 4 talk my tag for 360 is blitzcraig1984. I realized early in BF4 that teammates who talk are a necessity in this game. If anyone still owns the game for 360 (probably not) And wants to play I would love a teammate

Aug 18, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #25,474 of 48,568
Allowing mice and keyboard for consoles is the worst thing you could do...
With controllers, everybody is leveled but when somebody uses a keyboard, fair game it is not.
Using keyboard to chat? Sure. In games? Please no....

Aug 18, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #25,477 of 48,568
  BoomPro vs Custom Headset Gear vs Modmic , which one will be better at recording only your voice? I'm always looking for ways on improving that because me and my wife have our gaming PCs in the same room.

If You have a pair of headphones with detachable minijack cable go for boom pro or CHG, Modmic makes Your cable clutter worse. Although the sound quality is awesome
Allowing mice and keyboard for consoles is the worst thing you could do...
With controllers, everybody is leveled but when somebody uses a keyboard, fair game it is not.
Using keyboard to chat? Sure. In games? Please no....

Afair console version of Unreal Tournament and Dusk 514 supported keyboard and mouse.

Aug 18, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #25,478 of 48,568
  If You have a pair of headphones with detachable minijack cable go for boom pro or CHG, Modmic makes Your cable clutter worse. Although the sound quality is awesome
Afair console version of Unreal Tournament and Dusk 514 supported keyboard and mouse.

Yeah, they are my prefered option , but if they are omni mics and they will register the other speaker as much as our current mics, I will just pass. 

Aug 18, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #25,479 of 48,568
  Yeah, they are my prefered option , but if they are omni mics and they will register the other speaker as much as our current mics, I will just pass. 

Not likely to happen. Although keep in mind that all three options are prety pricey.

Aug 18, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #25,480 of 48,568
Destiny actually gets a LOT of hates on forums for being a glorified Halo with Borderlands system. I've seen it mentioned so much. To be fair, gameplay is exactly like Halo, but in a new loot based system. Bungie could've turned this into a Halo spinoff in the Halo universe, and no one would've batted an eyelash. The core Halo gameplay is there. Not that it's a bad thing. I prefer the Destiny Beta over all the other Halo games. I think the loot based exploration works for the big maps that Halo is known to have. Halo campaigns don't really do it for me, though the gameplay was always solid.

I have a thing for loot based action games. I'm anticipating getting Diablo III for PS4 once I have nothing to do. I sunk in 40+ hours on Dragon's Crown in a few weeks, because it was a fun loot based action game.

I would've liked Borderlands too, but the game is very punishing if you try to play alone, and when you DO play with others, they tend to be overpowered and carry you through all the missions. If I can't play the game alone well enough, I don't wanna play it. I don't trust randoms, and my schedule doesn't permit me to play with friends all that often.

If Castlevania: Harmony of Despair made it on the PS4... goodbye world. I would sink 300+ hours without issues.

Anyways, If it's popular, people are gonna find reasons to hate it. That's just how hipster bandwagons are.

Aug 18, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #25,482 of 48,568
I am getting ridiculous amounts of static [or what I think is static - kinda buzzy noise] via the Recon3D...
In comparison, the TB DSP station gives me very slight noise only, almost inaudible.
Any ideas?

EDIT: Fixed. Using a direct PS4 connection fixed it.

Aug 18, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #25,483 of 48,568
  I am getting ridiculous amounts of static [or what I think is static - kinda buzzy noise] via the Recon3D...
In comparison, the TB DSP station gives me very slight noise only, almost inaudible.
Any ideas?

EDIT: Fixed. Using a direct PS4 connection fixed it.

My Recon doesn't seem to like standby mode on the PS4.  I have to unplug the Recon to reset it every few days.  When it's acting up sometimes people hear me as static, sometimes other people sound like static, etc.  tl;dr - just try resetting it next time?

Aug 18, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #25,484 of 48,568
I have a pair of Sennheiser's HD 555 modded to 595 (removed the foam pads).

I'm playing CS:GO on PC and I'm using onboard audio (Realtek ALC1150).

Here are the specs to my headphones:
Frequency response: 15 – 28,000 Hz
Impedance: 50 Ω
SPL(1 kHz, 1 Vrms): 112 dB
THD: < 0.2 %

Should I upgrade headphones, buy a soundcard, buy a DAC/AMP (i.e.: Schiit Magni/Modi) or stick with what I have?

Aug 18, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #25,485 of 48,568
  I have a pair of Sennheiser's HD 555 modded to 595 (removed the foam pads).

I'm playing CS:GO on PC and I'm using onboard audio (Realtek ALC1150).

Here are the specs to my headphones:
Frequency response: 15 – 28,000 Hz
Impedance: 50 Ω
SPL(1 kHz, 1 Vrms): 112 dB
THD: < 0.2 %

Should I upgrade headphones, buy a soundcard, buy a DAC/AMP (i.e.: Schiit Magni/Modi) or stick with what I have?

Buy a sound card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back