Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Aug 7, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #25,202 of 48,562
Lol people come up with so many excuses NOT to get the game. The BF community always stays active for a few years. Just keep playing your games and free PSN content, buddy lol.

Oh, and Ghosts... *barf*
Jk! :p

Yes of course Ghosts is past it's peak too, and I'll probably leave it behind (or even trade it in).

I'm quoting your original post because I feel that your edit really got inflamed and assumed a bunch of things about me personally (sheep loyalty, wasteful of money, not into trying new things). Little offended despite the "buddy" and "jk." I don't judge you for your choices of games, I just don't think I'll find BF4 much fun (unless it's like SW Battlefront).

This is the other reason I can't get into BF:
[Video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yjHjCfcTuI8[/video]

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #25,203 of 48,562
  Also @Mad Lust Envy, did you ever have luck finding an optical switch that worked well?

I want something so I can switch between my Xonar U3 and Sound Blaster Z (both go to the D03K but I have to switch cords - tough on the jack).

I know the cheap passive ones on monoprice are pretty flaky, but the powered ones seem better.

Something like this maybe.

I am using the splitter version of that one to pipe output of my Xbox one to the AVR and the Mixamp.  It works great, no problems with it.

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #25,204 of 48,562
I'm just tired of always getting called out when I bring up "Battlefield." If you felt offended by me edits, well... just cry me a river.

I'll just refrain from commenting here, for a while. All I'm doing is trying to get other head-fiers to play with Zombie and I, but people always come up with an excuse NOT to. Oh well...

Take care, my friend, and I say that genuinely...

*No edits*

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #25,205 of 48,562
I don't care for Battlefield, and Change, you suck. YOU OUGHTA BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF.

On a serious note.... wait, are we arguing? I love you guys. Don't argue. I really don't understand why people fall under either CoD or BF camps. THEY'RE BOTH REPETITIVE SHOOTERS THAT DON'T STRAY FAR FROM THEIR THE YEAR BEFORE. It really depends on your taste for shooters. You all I know I prefer CoD, since it's arcadey, fast, and not really team oriented. I DO understand why people prefer the more team oriented and patient approach to BF.

Just because we like one, doesn't mean the other sucks. Just... people have their preferences.

Now KITH and makeup. :frowning2:

My excuse is that CoD is the only game I play competitively, lol. Really, I don't like playing anything else competitively.

But you all know I play far more than CoD. In fact, I play other games 90% of the time. I'm a campaign type gamer, not much of an online one. Destiny will be my first game that I delve into online, and it's because it's co-op. I probably won't touch the competitive arenas in that game.

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #25,207 of 48,562
I dunno though, Hardline is JUST about to come out. I sure hell wouldn't buy Ghost when the new game is about to be out, assuming I didn't have it Ghost.

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #25,208 of 48,562
I dunno though, Hardline is JUST about to come out. I sure hell wouldn't buy Ghost when the new game is about to be out, assuming I didn't have it Ghost.

Hardline got pushed back to next year.

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #25,209 of 48,562
Wuuuuut.

Well, that changes things. If you're into BF, then I guess BF4 now wouldn't be a bad idea. Plenty of months to go before next year.

That is, assuming you're not gonna leave life once Destiny comes out.

If I hadn't had such a massive backlog for upcoming RPGs, Destony would probably be my new obsession. Even then I STILL think it's gonna be my obsession.

edit: I need sleep. Grammatical errors are piling up, and I'm too lazy to fix. :'(

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #25,210 of 48,562
  How's SBZ when it comes to 5.1 mkv  files... legally ripped of course.

I'd record a movie comparison between Dolby and SBX, but I have a feeling youtube wouldn't allow that.

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #25,211 of 48,562
Wuuuuut.

Well, that changes things. If you're into BF, then I guess BF4 now wouldn't be a bad idea. Plenty of months to go before next year.

If I hadn't had such a massive backlog for upcoming RPGs, Destony would probably be my new obsession. Even then I STILL think it's gonna be my obsession.

edit: I need sleep. Grammatical errors are piling up, and I'm too lazy to fix. :'(

Yeah, I see myself playing Destiny pretty exclusively once it comes out.  Soon after, you'll have Shadows of Mordor, Dragon Age 3, Civilization Beyond Earth, Halo Collection, and Forza Horizons 2, all of which are day-1 purchases for me.  That's a lot of games and I don't know that it's going to leave any room for BF4.  At best, I'd play BF4 until 9/9 and then be done with it.  

The question for me is whether it's worth $28 for one month of play.  The answer?  Probably.  Target has buy one, get one 50% off for PSN cards (in-store only) until Saturday.  I was thinking of grabbing a few of those for effectively 25% off BF4, bringing the price down to $21.  I think that's reasonable.

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #25,212 of 48,562
Wuuuuut.

I've been playing a bit of BF4 today and I can say with almost certainty that when Destiny comes out I'll be leaving BF4 behind. So far it hasn't captivated me. I spend most of my time running from A to B only to get shot by someone with a nice long scope who I couldn't possibly see. Maybe it'll be more enjoyable if people I knew were playing with me. Oh well. Should take a break and write a few articles for the website before I start it up again.

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #25,213 of 48,562
  The question for me is whether it's worth $28 for one month of play.  The answer?  Probably.  Target has buy one, get one 50% off for PSN cards (in-store only) until Saturday.  I was thinking of grabbing a few of those for effectively 25% off BF4, bringing the price down to $21.  I think that's reasonable.

I thought it was buy one, get one 25% off.

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #25,214 of 48,562

I thought it was buy one, get one 25% off.

Hmm, maybe.  Either way if I use the cards to buy something I was going to buy anyways, it's just bonus discount.  That doesn't apply to BF4, since the price is a big factor, but I still might use it to preorder Destiny (cancel my Amazon pre-order) and save a few bucks there.

EDIT - Thanks for the clarification tho.  Not trying to mislead anyone!

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #25,215 of 48,562
 It's worth getting premium just to get the deagle!

This gameplay actually looks like a lot of fun, I actually had a lot of success with pistols in BF3 and I'm glad they have worthwhile sidearms.

I'm just tired of always getting called out when I bring up "Battlefield." If you felt offended by me edits, well... just cry me a river.

I'll just refrain from commenting here, for a while. All I'm doing is trying to get other head-fiers to play with Zombie and I, but people always come up with an excuse NOT to. Oh well...

Take care, my friend, and I say that genuinely...

*No edits*

Well, I just hope you understand that what is happening isn't that anyone is saying BF4 is bad, what is happening is you're asking us to buy it, and "I" keep saying I don't want to buy it and why I don't since you keep asking a couple times a month. Nothing to argue about.

I won't cry you a river, instead I'll say just go eat one of your sandwiches :p

Just because we like one, doesn't mean the other sucks. Just... people have their preferences.

But you all know I play far more than CoD. In fact, I play other games 90% of the time. I'm a campaign type gamer, not much of an online one. Destiny will be my first game that I delve into online, and it's because it's co-op. I probably won't touch the competitive arenas in that game.

Yup, it's totally fine if someone wants to play, say, Dance Dance Revolution, go have fun! Just don't get upset if I play something else, lol!

I've only bought CoD 1, 4, and Ghosts, and like you I have a lot of other games. I'm looking forward to more co-op games, I play plenty of RPGs but sometimes I get lonely (or crave a little FPS action!). I think Destiny will be a landmark game for the gaming community and market (on the level of Skyrim/fallout, CoD4, WoW, and Halo 2), might consider that Destiny owes a lot to Borderlands but Destiny encourages more social play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back