Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Feb 16, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #47,822 of 48,579
Can anyone suggest the best PS5 wireless headset, prefer 7.1?

I'm coming from an Astro Mixamp, bi-amped by a Magni 2>Fidelio X1 for single person games, and K701 for FPSers. Our new home setup has me about 13' from the equipment, so wired won't work as im too far away. :frowning2:

Feb 16, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #47,824 of 48,579
Those do look pretty! And wow I don't think I've ever seen such ugly comments from customer service in reviews.
OMG tell me who your avatar is!!!! I remember it from a long time ago, but cant remember the name. I keep wanting to say "devil dog"...

Feb 16, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #47,825 of 48,579
OMG tell me who your avatar is!!!! I remember it from a long time ago, but cant remember the name. I keep wanting to say "devil dog"...
Hah! Not many people recognize that one. You're very close, it's Devil Doll. Just be careful doing a Google search for that :relaxed:

https://joesparks.com/radiskull/

HOLY BEANS I just discovered this. It's perfect for my setup and would allow me to ditch the Sound Blaster X4. I could go direct from my internal sound card (Sound Blaster ZSE) to a DAC via optical and from there to the amp.

https://beacn.com/products/beacn-mix

EDIT: After some research this looks pretty incredible. It's a highly customizable mixer and hardware control for Windows audio sources. It's also not physically in-line for the audio path (i.e. you don't plug anything into it), though it's logically in-line.

There are two flavors: The Mix and Mix Create. The difference is $50 and while the Mix lets you control two Windows audio devices and do per-application volume control (manual assignment of each application to a physical knob) the Mix Create sets up virtual audio input and output devices in Windows that you can then assign to hardware knobs. That's a really big deal because it lets you separately define - and control via hardware dials - your default output and default communications output separately. That is, if you don't already have separate devices in Windows for those things, which most gear will not. So to emulate Chatmix functionality I'd need the Mix Create for $200 (https://beacn.com/pages/beacn-mix-create). I'm going to try my darndest to get one once they come in-stock and if I can get my hands on one I'll report back.

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #47,826 of 48,579
Feb 17, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #47,828 of 48,579
@JdeFalconr When you move away from sound cards, and on to dedicated audio gear, they come with knobs of their own :) You leave Windows Audio at 100%.
Sure, for the main output, but for my use case of game/chat mixing you would either have to have separate physical outputs going to a mixing device or you have to have some kind of controller that lets you control separate Windows device levels. Steelseries, Astro, Creative and others have the device hardware and Windows drivers that do it. My trouble is that until those Beacn products there was no device for that exclusive purpose, especially one that doesn't sit in the physical audio path.

Feb 19, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #47,829 of 48,579
A bit disappointed at 3D audio piped through hdmi.

It's for 3D audio for TV speakers and isn't actually piping through headphone 3D audio through hdmi for external devices. That should've been an option.

Maybe PS6....

Feb 19, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #47,831 of 48,579
hey a recording of PS5s tempest audio, with all 5 profiles.

as it seems to have been rewatched a few times (per user), my advice of ‘try different headphones’ is sound…

I use different 3 profiles for 5 headphones, so, worth sampling…

kudos to the thread.. (I gather stuff like this is probably already here)

video is a relatively consistent run, using a range of waterfalls and their proximity to cliff/mountain surfaces to get a sense of positional accuracy.
it is a couple of minutes per run, and taken from the games opening moment (no spoilers)

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #47,832 of 48,579
I found an amazing deal ($200) on the K712 Pro that has me itching again to try it out. Besides what I've read elsewhere @Mad Lust Envy 's review of it at the beginning of the thread still has me curious what it sounds like. I also have been reading very interesting things about the ATH-R70X.
We approve of the R70X :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back