Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Dec 19, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #47,551 of 48,578
iXhvxrJ.jpg
Do you happen to have a Redscape EQ for Warzone or FPS games? Just got the software as a present and should be getting tracker tomorrow. Looking forward to giving it a go :)

Dec 19, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #47,552 of 48,578
Do you happen to have a Redscape EQ for Warzone or FPS games? Just got the software as a present and should be getting tracker tomorrow. Looking forward to giving it a go :)
I don't use EQ settings in Redscape, as I use EQ APO to tune my planars. I did adjust the head size settings to improve the timings to better match my noggin.

Dec 20, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #47,554 of 48,578
*HELP PLEASE*

Used the search function to no avail, so forgive me if this has already been covered before.

I just got a PS5 (finally!) and I want to continue to use my Astro Mixamp Pro 2013 setup from my PS4. I bi-amp the Astro with a Magni 2 and use K701 for FPSers and X1 for single player. Mic is Modmic.

How can I connect the Astro to the PS5 since there isnt an optical on PS5?

EDIT: Everything is connected to a 7.1 surround so I'd prefer to not wire it directly to TV.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #47,555 of 48,578
*HELP PLEASE*

Used the search function to no avail, so forgive me if this has already been covered before.

I just got a PS5 (finally!) and I want to continue to use my Astro Mixamp Pro 2013 setup from my PS4. I bi-amp the Astro with a Magni 2 and use K701 for FPSers and X1 for single player. Mic is Modmic.

How can I connect the Astro to the PS5 since there isnt an optical on PS5?

EDIT: Everything is connected to a 7.1 surround so I'd prefer to not wire it directly to TV.
Need a UAC1 device like the Creative G6 to act as a converter from USB to TOSLINK, or buy a HDMI audio extractor (Astro sells one I believe) though you'll lose any HDMI 2.1 features with that one (and most others if not all of them)

Dec 20, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #47,557 of 48,578
Need a UAC1 device like the Creative G6 to act as a converter from USB to TOSLINK, or buy a HDMI audio extractor (Astro sells one I believe) though you'll lose any HDMI 2.1 features with that one (and most others if not all of them)
Thanks for the reply, yeah I have been researching all day. I certainly do not want to nerf the graphics by going 2.0, so it looks like I might have to plunk down $ for something new.

Would you suggest the G6 over the GC7?

Dec 20, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #47,558 of 48,578
Thanks for the reply, yeah I have been researching all day. I certainly do not want to nerf the graphics by going 2.0, so it looks like I might have to plunk down $ for something new.

Would you suggest the G6 over the GC7?
Others would have to answer that for you, I've only seen the GC7, haven't had any meaningful time with it. Mind you a G6 I believe would be mimicking many of the functions your mixamp does so it’d be kind of redundant to own both :-/ If you're not rocking a TV with HDMI 2.1 then you might be better off springing for the adapter for now and once you upgrade your screen later down the line see what's available then.

Dec 21, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #47,560 of 48,578
Dec 23, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #47,563 of 48,578
Hey all, been reading this thread for a while now. Decided to pick up a GC7, just got it yesterday and have been pretty impressed with the SXFI in Halo Infinite campaign and Days Gone. I've been using Dan Clark Aeon Closed RT with Peace EQ per Roladyzator's suggestions on the previous page. It sounds nice and crisp with good imaging.

I also tried a Sennheiser 560S borrowed from my brother, again with EQ per Roladyzator's suggestions. I could never get it to resolve clearly in sxfi mode however, certainly not to the degree the Aeon Closed planar does. The Sennheiser sounds grainy for lack of a better descriptor.

Not sure if my issue with the 560S is that all my headphones are planars. Maybe i just need to adjust to dynamics. I'm assuming some of you use SXFI with dynamics and it sounds good?

I'm curious what the difference is when using an officially supported (ie. it has a profile in the sxfi app) headphone though. Does anyone have a suggestion of one that sounds good with SXFI? My list is currently the K702, X2HR, DT 880, or HE400i. Any thoughts? i would prefer if this pair of headphones would work well for music listening as well as gaming.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #47,564 of 48,578
Hi folks,

I understand there are compromises to go wireless - but do we have any reasonably good option for PS5? I tried the Artics 7p and just found it horrible, claustrophobic.

Tried running my X2HR from the controller 3.55 jack, but it's lacking as hell - even though it should be pretty easy to drive it sounds thin and boring.

Best option would probably be running a G6 or GC7 from TV optical (it's a similar setup I had in the PS4 with the DSS) but then it's back to wires.

Best,

Dec 23, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #47,565 of 48,578
Hi folks,

I understand there are compromises to go wireless - but do we have any reasonably good option for PS5? I tried the Artics 7p and just found it horrible, claustrophobic.

Tried running my X2HR from the controller 3.55 jack, but it's lacking as hell - even though it should be pretty easy to drive it sounds thin and boring.

Best option would probably be running a G6 or GC7 from TV optical (it's a similar setup I had in the PS4 with the DSS) but then it's back to wires.

Best,
Given any thought to using TWS buds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back