Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
May 27, 2021 at 6:22 AM Post #46,921 of 48,562
I still get some popping noise or slight stutters on my hell 2, also on PS5 sometimes. Only like once an hour on ps5 or so though. Also saw some people on reddit complaining about that on the Fulla 4. Have you guys come across that when using it for a longer amount of time?

It is not really a deal breaker, but if I have a defective unit that is only going to get worse I want to get ahead of it asap (need to send it to US etc).

Other than that, I am more impressed by the Hel every day. The sound is just really good for the price

May 27, 2021 at 7:10 AM Post #46,923 of 48,562
I still get some popping noise or slight stutters on my hell 2, also on PS5 sometimes. Only like once an hour on ps5 or so though. Also saw some people on reddit complaining about that on the Fulla 4. Have you guys come across that when using it for a longer amount of time?

It is not really a deal breaker, but if I have a defective unit that is only going to get worse I want to get ahead of it asap (need to send it to US etc).

Other than that, I am more impressed by the Hel every day. The sound is just really good for the price
FWIW, I'm getting no pops or stutters. I run sometimes three hours straight. I leave it powered on all the time. I have it connected to the PC via an Anker powered USB 3.0 hub using the cable supplied by Schiit. Have you emailed your concerns to them?

May 27, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #46,924 of 48,562
Not yet, since I am also still trying to figure out my laptop problems. That is getting fixed though, was tired of it and ordered all components to build a new PC this weekend lol. Though should rule out some problems :L3000:

After that I hope to further fine tune my problems and be 100% sure the hel is the culprit. There are simply too many variables at work here...

Thanks for your reply though. it helps to know what is "normal" and what isn't.

May 27, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #46,925 of 48,562
Neither the Hel 2 or Fulla 4 have had any weird popping or anything

May 27, 2021 at 7:36 AM Post #46,926 of 48,562
I don't think the stutters would be from the Hel, that sounds like a RAM/wifi issue ... the popping could be anything but again, popping from the Hel doesn't sound right. Maybe once or twice and then smoke or silence, but occasional popping and stutters?

May 27, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #46,927 of 48,562
With gaming audio in general, since it's usually compressed anyway - when do you hit the "overkill" mark when it comes to DAC's? And has anyone tried an R2R DAC with gaming?
It won't matter too much. Having a really good DAC is more for the music enjoyment. I thought the G6 was a decent DAC until I compared it's output to my M300, which allowed me to notice the grainy flaws of the G6. Now I can't unhear it. :/

Just use what you are comfortable to afford.

May 27, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #46,928 of 48,562
First post here. Wondering if I could get some recommendations. I play on PS5 and currently I’m using a Penrose ever since its launch (no DAC/amp whatsoever). Games played are of multiple genres (a lot of Apex Legends, recent single player games include Returnal, RE Village, some Soulsborne). Not too fully satisfied with Penrose due to issues like battery life (I play long hours) but I quite like the sound.

Looking to have another set up with Penrose being used for mostly movies and music. I don’t mind a fully wired headphone (budget of 300 USD; can splurge a lil bit more but just hoping its sound is as good as Penrose or better). Getting Schiit Hel 2 too. And was wondering what would be a good external attachable mic (Vmoda, Modmic??)

May 27, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #46,929 of 48,562
Warzone is driving me insane! PC gamer, all I play is Warzone and want the ultimate competitive performance.

Sennheiser PC363D: Had for 7 years, wonderful build, love them for everything but Warzone. Couldn't hear anyone coming in Warzone no matter what I tried. Have used Stereo, Dolby Headphone, Windows Virtual Surround and DTS Headphone X. Nothing worked. Also tried to EQ certain frequencies with this (), still couldn't hear footsteps or identify where they were coming from. Gave them to a friend.

Hyper X Orbit S: Interesting Planar sound, tried built-in surround, Dolby, dts, stereo, etc. Still couldn't hear footsteps or identify where they were coming from. Returned.

Steelseries Arctis Pro: I hated everything about this headset and the positional audio was horrible. Very uncomfortable. Returned.

Logitech G933: I hated everything about this headset and the positional audio was horrible. Very uncomfortable. Might be the ugliest set I've ever seen. Returned

Astro A50: Using Zalias Zeference (https://sites.google.com/view/zeference/home/audio/astro-eqs) preset with Studio in-game, stereo, no virtual surround. This is the best I've tried yet but still extremely disappointing. The audio in Warzone is f'ing terrible! Currently my dailys until I can find something better.

I've been reading the Mad Lust reviews and Falenkors guide (https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/upda...up-now-with-added-hardware-explanations/13863) for days trying to figure out what to try next.

For Warzone exclusively, which would you go for? Amp suggestions welcome:

Beyer DT770 Pro + Mic - $200 CAD
Beyer DT880 Pro (Edition) - $250 CAD + Amp and mic no clue what to get on the amp side.
Audio Technica AD700X - $250 CAD + amp and mic. The prices for this in Canada are ridiculous and makes me want to buy something else.
AKG K701 or something? - $300 ish - I demoed K701 almost 20 years ago and they were the most comfortable cans I've ever tried. Really wish I bought them then, was a broke kid and settled for HD570s at the time.

I don't have any financial restrictions but I do believe in diminishing returns. I'm so frustrated with audio in Warzone I'm considering used HD800 but it's a crazy amount of money.

Open to any and all headphone and amp suggestions. Thanks for your time!

Try this: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sof...ts-explosions-etc.899519/page-2#post-15882149
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sennheiser-gsx-1000-1200-impressions.824923/page-99#post-15939148
and: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sennheiser-gsx-1000-1200-impressions.824923/page-99#post-15938436

Last edited:
May 29, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #46,930 of 48,562
So I received the Fulla 4 and Creative GC7 a day apart.

Initial impressions are polar opposites. The Fulla 4 is so simple, elegant, and a darling to use. I recommend this little thing to any budding audiophile that needs a mic input as well.

The GC7, however, was... not so pleasant at first. The device is incredibly complex, and you'll need patience understanding its endless amount of options and quirks. I spent over an hour wondering why I couldn't hear anything, only realizing that the game/voice knob is somehow bugged and backwards. Since I wasn't testing mics at the time, I set the knob fully to Game, and it just so happens that I have to set it to VOICE to get game audio, because of course.

So yes, not the best first day with the GC7.
Note to self: Do not touch the mixer knob when I receive mine later in the day. =D

May 29, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #46,931 of 48,562
So I've tested my new HD 6XX headphones (using a Magni and Modi 2 Uber Dac/Amp) and they sound almost exactly the same as my DT 770 pro's. Wondering if I've done something wrong? Is my dac/amp good enough to run these? And do I need to do anything special in Windows or just plug and play?

May 29, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #46,932 of 48,562
So I received the Fulla 4 and Creative GC7 a day apart.

Initial impressions are polar opposites. The Fulla 4 is so simple, elegant, and a darling to use. I recommend this little thing to any budding audiophile that needs a mic input as well.

The GC7, however, was... not so pleasant at first. The device is incredibly complex, and you'll need patience understanding its endless amount of options and quirks. I spent over an hour wondering why I couldn't hear anything, only realizing that the game/voice knob is somehow bugged and backwards. Since I wasn't testing mics at the time, I set the knob fully to Game, and it just so happens that I have to set it to VOICE to get game audio, because of course.

So yes, not the best first day with the GC7.
Yeah GC7 software is maddening. There is a weird and redundant overlap between SXFI and SBX, the menu isn't really intuitive, and you need to use the separate SXFI app to calibrate SXFI. And the SXFI app also kind of sucks.

Hopefully once you get it dialed in you like it, is this your first SXFI experience? If SXFI wasn't so good (in my humble opinion) I definitely would not suffer Creative's crappy software and weird device design choices.

May 29, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #46,933 of 48,562
Yeah GC7 software is maddening. There is a weird and redundant overlap between SXFI and SBX, the menu isn't really intuitive, and you need to use the separate SXFI app to calibrate SXFI. And the SXFI app also kind of sucks.

Hopefully once you get it dialed in you like it, is this your first SXFI experience? If SXFI wasn't so good (in my humble opinion) I definitely would not suffer Creative's crappy software and weird device design choices.
I think he used SXFi before

May 29, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #46,934 of 48,562

Nah, I reviewed the Creative Air headset, which comes with SXFI. SXFI def blew me away, and is arguably the best VSS.

May 30, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #46,935 of 48,562

Users who are viewing this thread

Back