Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
May 5, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #40,141 of 48,562
I have no faith in that new creative thing. Whenever I see a computer trying to convert an image to shapes, I think of the Apple Newton on the Simpsons. I think you can do personalization if you buy in ear microphones, which apparently are only like $100, it would just be a relatively involved process.
Yeah you could be right. I'm rooting for it to be good, personally. Haven't tried or really looked into the Audeze Mobius either but it's another entry, at least, into this little niche. I just think it would be great if something approaching the Realiser A16 could be an affordable mass market product, in the next 5 years or something. Seems the trend is headed there.

May 5, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #40,142 of 48,562
Firmware
Sound Blaster X7 Firmware Update for Windows
Filesize : 4.21 MB Download
icon_showdetail.gif
Show Details

Release date : 30 Apr 18
This download contains an updated firmware for Sound Blaster® X7. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.
Wow, there is a god. Lol. I'll do it when i get home.

And thanks Axel, looks like I'll be buying some of those.

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #40,149 of 48,562
Yea, can only see a Windows download at the moment - Mac one is still from 2016?
Yeah, I ran into that last night when I did the update. Thankfully I have a desktop PC at home, but I mostly use my MacBook.

Looking at the following:

Sennheiser HD800
Mr Speakers Ether Flow
Stax L500/L700/007

Anyone have any input?
I've gamed using the HD 800/HD 800 S, Ether Flow (the headphones I own), and the SR-009. I can't comment on the other STAX models for gaming, sorry.

From memory HD 800 gave me the largest soundstage and the excellent positional accuracy. My Ether Flow always gives me a highly immersive experience with a medium sized soundstage presentation. The SR-009 was an absolute beast for detail retrieval and pinpointing sounds, likely helped by the sheer speed of its electrostatic drivers.

My Creative BT-W2 arrived yesterday and setup was simple following @Yethal's instructions. I like how the PS4 Pro has a USB port on the rear, so the dongle's LED will be hidden behind the console. It took me a minute to figure out why I was getting no surround audio, but the PS4 switched to audio output via the dongle rather than optical. Once I switched that setting, everything seems to be working smoothly.

The X7 continues to impress with its versatility, but man there are just so many features on it I don't end up using.

May 10, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #40,150 of 48,562
When I'm gaming - I usually have 2 kids, an angry cat and a disgruntled dog around me.

If I go the open back HD800S - what amp should I use?

If I go the closed back MX50 - what DAC should I feed off?

May 10, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #40,151 of 48,562
When I'm gaming - I usually have 2 kids, an angry cat and a disgruntled dog around me.

If I go the open back HD800S - what amp should I use?

If I go the closed back MX50 - what DAC should I feed off?
The HD800 is hard to beat for gaming, BUT it being an open back with everything you have going on (kids and cat) would you like to drown that sound out with a closed back? Or do you need to be able to hear them?

May 10, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #40,152 of 48,562
Hello guys.

i´m new in the forum, so sory for any mystake.

I recently upgrade my sound setup and i´m currently using the Sennheiser gsx 1000 + Philips SHP 9500 with V-Moda Boom Pro mic and i´m geting bad positioning audio in CSGO (for example), i can´t figure footsteps or gunshots properly. I have +2000h in game and this never happened to me.
Even with 2.0 sterio on gsx 1000 i can´t seem to ear where sounds come from. I changed the settings on windows when i instaled the gsx 1000 as is on manual instalation and i still have the same problem.

Do you guys have the same problem? Do i have a defected product? Do i need to change my cans (i was looking to senneheiser 598se)?
I read somewere that some usb ports are geting in the way of the gsx 1000.

Thanks in advance for your feedback and help

May 10, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #40,153 of 48,562
I'm currently using the GSX1000 myself. Make sure on your PC you right click on the sound devices (the speaker icon on the taskbar, select sound devices, then right click on the GSX main audio. Configure speakers to 7 channels, and save all that. On the GSX itself, make sure to select 7.1, on the wavy line on the gsx display and make sure it shows one white plus symbol, for a standard room size (for best surround balance). I suggest leaving everything else off on the gsx dsiplay. The only white icons should be the plus button on the wavy line on the left, the headphone icon on the top left, and the 7.1 on the bottom right.

And for games itself, NEVER PICK THE HEADPHONE OPTION IN GAME. That is made for basic signals. These devices are MEANT to be set to home theater, speaker type presets because THEN the device mixes it down for your headphone. Again. DO NOT PICK THE HEADPHONE OPTIONS IN GAME WHEN USING VIRTUAL SURROUND DEVICES LIKE THE GSX 1000.

If that does not help you, then I dunno. You're screwed. I don't have CSGO and don't know the in game options.

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #40,154 of 48,562
I'm currently using the GSX1000 myself. Make sure on your PC you right click on the sound devices (the speaker icon on the taskbar, select sound devices, then right click on the GSX main audio. Configure speakers to 7 channels, and save all that. On the GSX itself, make sure to select 7.1, on the wavy line on the gsx display and make sure it shows one white plus symbol, for a standard room size (for best surround balance). I suggest leaving everything else off on the gsx dsiplay. The only white icons should be the plus button on the wavy line on the left, the headphone icon on the top left, and the 7.1 on the bottom right.

And for games itself, NEVER PICK THE HEADPHONE OPTION IN GAME. That is made for basic signals. These devices are MEANT to be set to home theater, speaker type presets because THEN the device mixes it down for your headphone. Again. DO NOT PICK THE HEADPHONE OPTIONS IN GAME WHEN USING VIRTUAL SURROUND DEVICES LIKE THE GSX 1000.

If that does not help you, then I dunno. You're screwed. I don't have CSGO and don't know the in game options.
regardless of what device someone is using for processing surround sound, should they always use "home theater" type in game presets?

May 10, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #40,155 of 48,562

For CSGO sound options are: Headphones, speakers or 5.1 Sorround. Should i pick 5.1?
You think i shoud trade my SHP9500 for the 598se?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back